OnePlus 3 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

1. Arul Prasad J
    Eclair Jun 16, 2016

Arul Prasad J , Jun 16, 2016 :
    I love the phone but the tempered screen guard doesn't seem to fit the whole screen? A little part of it is not covered. Is it a defective piece or are all of them slightly smaller than the display?

2. felinos11
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2016

felinos11 , Jun 16, 2016 :
    all are smaller.

StinkySocky and Arul Prasad J like this.
  3. matija646
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2016

matija646 , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Every Tempered Glass glass protector will be slightly smaller
    Since device has 2.5d glass on edges (slightly curved), it's impossible to cover the whole screen with glass protector like on 1+1, only if someone makes exact cut and curved glass protector for the screen, but that would increase price and will need some better packaging to ensure it gets to the customer in one piece
    Maybe some foil protectors could cover the whole screen, but then again, it's foil, not much of protection on those, only from scratches

4. Arul Prasad J
    Eclair Jun 16, 2016

Arul Prasad J , Jun 16, 2016 :
    :-( I'm currently using Oneplus 2 , The screen protector is perfectly fitted , that's why asked

5. toussama
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2016

toussama , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Hi, I just wanted to know if a OnePlus 2 tempered glass could fit in a OnePlus 3 ? I'm asking because it's easier to find OnePlus 2 tempered glass and the display's size seem to be similar.
    Thanks for your answers

6. matija646
    Jelly Bean Jun 17, 2016

matija646 , Jun 17, 2016 :
    yea, they are similar maybe, but have in mind that 1+3 has 2.D glass, which means that the glass is slightly curved on the edges, which will lead to different size of screen protector then the actual screen
    that could easily be the problem, since the 1+2 has flat screen, tempered glass from 1+2 would stick over the edge on 1+3, aka would not fit properly and not adhere properly to the phone screen
    that's my guess for that situation

toussama likes this.
  7. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2016

8. matija646
    Jelly Bean Jun 17, 2016

matija646 , Jun 17, 2016 :
    you will not find tempered glass which will fully cover the 1+3 screen because of that slight curve, maybe later
    no one is willing to fine fiddle every glass protector to the exact curve of the screen, that will increase the time to produce one and bring more cost on it, flat protector is far easier to produce
    i know that gs6 edge has tempered glass protectors, but it has bigger curve on the edges, so it's easier to make it
    but time will tell, maybe someone will make one, but then again, the phone just came out, and i didn't see official 1+ tempered glass review for 1+3

Steven G. likes this.
  9. Jcespite
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2016

Jcespite , Jun 17, 2016 :

I'm waiting of the Orzly tempered glass screen. I originally purchased the OPT tempered glass when I bought the phone and my son threw the keys on the table (actually to me but I dropped) and just barely tapped the phone on the side and the screen protector chipped.

I took it off and bought the Orzly. It's also on my sons OPO and he's dropped by phone by accident in the house with no issues to case or screen protector.

Arul Prasad J likes this.
  10. Sonar5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 17, 2016

Sonar5 , Jun 17, 2016 :
    So in comparing to my One Plus 2 with the Glass Orzly, the Pre-Installed one seems to hold fingerprints and dare I say glare a little bit. But just like my iPad Air's, I turn the screen on and they are not visible.

My Orzly on the OP2 I really like, so if they release one, I may follow along and see if removing the installed one and getting an Orzly is the way to go. Right now, doesn't seem to be an issue unless it bothers folks while the screen is turned off.

Is the pre-installed one on the OP3 glass or plastic, anyone know?

11. village19
    Donut Jun 18, 2016

12. Arul Prasad J
    Eclair Jun 20, 2016

13. Litfried
    Froyo Jun 21, 2016

Litfried , Jun 21, 2016 :
    I'll throw in a comment here that I got an official tempered glass protector as part of the big bundle, but I'm not particularly impressed. Not only does it not go all the way to the edge of the screen, it doesn't even go all the way to the edge of the flat bit. It also has a tendency to come unstuck at the edge. And yes, I spent a long time very carefully cleaning the screen, in a steamed room to minimise dust, etc.

See photo:
    IMG_20160621_160114.jpg

14. KamiYamabushi
    Donut Jun 23, 2016

KamiYamabushi , Jun 23, 2016 :
    The official tempered glass screen protector is a piece of crap. I have it centered (as well as can be) and the edges will not stay down on a huge portion of three sides of the screen (roughly 40%-50% of the edges).

I regret not keeping the pre-installed one for no other reason than that there was no lift from the protector.

The only saving grace is the glass screen protector is easier to clean off fingerprints and stuff from. That's about all the benefit you get. The glass screen protector is so cheaply made that it doesn't even feel like glass (it flexes a bit). 100% not worth the cost, especially if you've used higher end TGSPs such as from MIME.

My recommendation is DO NOT BUY the official tempered glass screen protector. In fact, I wouldn't recommend buying any others either, unless you can get a full-cover version, just use the pre-installed plastic one for the time being.

deviantartjr likes this.
  15. rapt0r23
    Eclair Jun 23, 2016

rapt0r23 , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I bought couple of Tempered glass, from Amazon India, but both of them don't fit my OP3. Have returned them, will buy something with good reviews. Or if anyone has found out a decent glass screen protector can provide the link here. Thanks!

Arul Prasad J likes this.
  16. Aaran350
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2016

AmerRahman, pulsorock and ryanbmw51 like this.
  17. Vector
    Jelly Bean Jun 24, 2016

Vector , Jun 24, 2016 :
    Yeah, it leaves a bit to be desired. It does do a neat rainbow side effect thing though because of how the glass doesn't make the end of the screen.

18. F_Mentor_Palokaj_fSlU
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2016

F_Mentor_Palokaj_fSlU , Jun 28, 2016 :
    Pff, it's terrible. The rainbow effect is a downgrade from the unprotected screen.

I'm disappointed...

19. ryanbmw51
    Donut Jun 28, 2016

ryanbmw51 , Jun 28, 2016 :
    I'm going to order it as well. I'm curious though, how cases will fit over the glass? I've had issues like that with my 6p where I put a case on and it starts to lift the glass. Ugh not good.

Also FYI to anyone considering this TGSP from US you can order on Amazon for $8.99 and free shipping. Not sure when you'll get it but that's a great deal IMO.

Orzly is also really going nuts with cases. They have a whole bunch for the OP3. So enjoy

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016

KevinJohnson likes this.
  20. xman99
    Donut Jun 28, 2016

xman99 , Jun 28, 2016 :
    The official tempered glass for the Oneplus Three sucks. It does not cover the screen. Bad quality.

zczo and IOTGeek like this.