OnePlus 3 vs Le Max 2 Speedtest Comparison! 6Gb V 4GB

1. malidan
    Nougat Jun 17, 2016

malidan , Jun 17, 2016 :
    The battle of the 820's the OP3 as we know has 6gb and the Le Max has 4Gb
    $399 for the Op3
    $318 for the 4GB Le max 2

DreamerJ, Shubham1221 and John j like this.
  2. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jun 17, 2016

maxh22, Ceasedd, mceman and 2 others like this.
  3. prrashanth
    Eclair Jun 17, 2016

prrashanth , Jun 17, 2016 :
    this phone OP3 is a beast!! but due to this OXYGEN OS, the phone is getting crappy!! oneplus team please fix it!!

4. robdevil
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2016

robdevil , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Hope they going to fix it and we will be able to use its full power. If not I will sell it asap. And go for s7 duos.

5. gaster
    Moderator Moderator Jun 17, 2016

gaster , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Don't confuse guys. The ram capacity doesn't matter as much as how the OS manage the ram that Android needs e.x 4gb that only the 3 ll be used. OP3 opens everything so fast compared to OP2 and the ram management it's easy to be tuned just with a sw update. Benchmarks showing OP3 to rule in Antutu with 1st place and S7 goes 2nd.

So performance doesn't counting mostly on the ram. Also benchmark are not the core compare reason but showing some stuff that help us now about the device's hardware. That's what i believe and when you ll get in your hands the OP3 you ll not regret it imo

puccellino and inffy like this.
  6. malidan
    Nougat Jun 17, 2016

7. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Jun 17, 2016

8. malidan
    Nougat Jun 17, 2016

malidan , Jun 17, 2016 :
    I'm not too sure why you think people will be confused they can quite clearly see how the 2 device's perform. The referral to the memory size is so people are not confused, as the Le max 2 also have a 6Gb version ( not used in this video) and has yet to be benchmarked i believe.
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to run to Antutu for reassurance, as OP devices always do well on that. The S7 also handed out a heavy beating to the OP3.

9. malidan
    Nougat Jun 17, 2016

malidan , Jun 17, 2016 :
    No my friend, i'm in the UK enjoying our usual summer.

[​IMG] and i am not joking

10. gaster

gaster , Jun 17, 2016 :
    I believe it is man when someone doesn't know. S7 second in Antutu and OP3 1st. So what's about the ram? This clearly shows that it's just a software case that easy can be tuned and not a hardware.

Get the device in your hands. Try it first and then judge. Videos are videos. Benchs are benchs but experience by 1st hand using is different.

OnePlus One has only 5 sec difference in speed test with S7. There's a video. Check it if you like. So that means it's not worth for someone to buy the S7? I don't think.

Performance doesn't affected by this in OP3. And i am sure that later ll be even better. Do you remember Samsung or Apple in their first 2 years of existence? So many software issues. So imo OP3 is the best offer atm personally for its price and is just from a company that exists 2 years and stand in the big competition and that means something i supposed.

Le Max 2 is a great device as well but i want to see it in the action for 1-2 years more to see what's with its OS, support etc. and the company overall.

11. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Jun 17, 2016

aaron.hossain75 , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Haha okay :)

12. malidan
    Nougat Jun 17, 2016

malidan , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Excellent video. The ram management thing is something i have never bought into, the whole process of relaunching 15-20 apps including games from memory is unrealistic and i always favoured the killing of whats not being used.
    I especially like the internal storage write speed theory, it kinda goes with what i have always said the best use the best that's why you pay more.
    Op may have all the names but they always buy from the bargain basket I've been saying that from 2014 and there were a lot of signs from the OPO that confirmed that.

theshinybeast likes this.
  13. effer125
    Donut Jun 17, 2016

effer125 , Jun 17, 2016 :
    All what these tests really show is that hardware operates on the same level (1:01-1:10 in performance for all the devices) and software optimization is not that great across the board. I would say that it is mostly Android OS fault and only then OEM's fault. When Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos or SD820) were tested first, they didn't do any better than Oneplus 3. Same test took over 2 minutes. Apps were unloaded from memory in the same way. Only after updates they got better (maybe still not very consistent). Also remember that Galaxy S7 has 3 month head start. The truth is that when there is so much memory available OS probably shouldn't unload apps so aggressively to begin with. OEMs can control this, but it is really Google's task to optimize the system for newer devices. More aggressive LMK (low memory killer) makes a lot of sense when you have slower CPU and not much RAM to work with (even 2GB is not enough for android), but when you have 4Gb or 6Gb it is pointless to leave so much not utilized. Sure Oneplus can release a simple fix to this (or custom ROM will get this done), but it is really on Google to optimize the system in general. I won't be surprised if new OS (maybe only android "O") will have some feature like RAMDISK or some sort of app pre-load that will use all the ram available to speed things up. Only then we will see true advantage of 4G or 6Gb. The good thing is that hardware is there. Bad thing is that if you expected 6Gb to perform miracles now, you will be disappointed and it might take a while for software to fully take advantage of the hardware.

14. effer125
    Donut Jun 17, 2016

Our friend Max is missing the point that all phones performed almost the same when launching apps for the first time (1:01-1:10). That is when CPU, Storage and Ram speed and tested. 10 seconds is a user variable, software optimization and maybe a tiny bit (1-2 seconds) of hardware. Only HTC 10 did noticeable slower in that test because of emmc storage vs ufs 2.0. This test actually proves the opposite to what you're saying. In terms or storage, ram and CPU, the best don't necessary use the best and it is not why you pay more.

15. malidan
    Nougat Jun 17, 2016

malidan , Jun 17, 2016 :
    The S7 is not second on Antutu
    Screenshot_20160523-141929.png

@theshinybeast linked me a very nice video on ram management, its a great watch.

This buy and hope they fix it thing is not for me, been there done that and they didn't. So no plug required,it has a 1080p screen which for me is a backward step.

theshinybeast likes this.
  16. malidan
    Nougat Jun 17, 2016

malidan , Jun 17, 2016 :
    You pay more of the bat because the components used are superior. Unless something had changed all electronic components are graded at the factory and you choose from what you want and the real crap wont even be branded.

17. effer125
    Donut Jun 17, 2016

If you want to believe that bottom of the barrel components were used in this phone, you totally can. The truth is that all the tests that were performed and posted everywhere actually prove that CPU, RAM and STORAGE are not worse (and not better) than superior brands costing a lot more. I can totally see the lower quality screen compared to Samsung, and average camera, but the rest is actually on the same level.
    If I could have unlocked bootloader on Galaxy S7, I would have bought it on buy one get one free AT&T promotion (making it only $350), but unfortunately Samsung is more and more reminds me of Apple (maybe just a carrier fault). This is unfortunate and the sole reason why I won't use it (though I did have Samsung devices in the past). Can probably pickup international S7 with exynos and have it rooted, but will still have to pay a full price, have no warranty at all and very little development support. For me only HTC 10 is another option. But again I will have to pay a lot more for slower device (with emmc). So you win some, lose some.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

18. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Jun 17, 2016

barb likes this.
  19. prezes5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 17, 2016

prezes5 , Jun 17, 2016 :
    I did see a score of 140k on antutu from OP3. Maybe they can fix the ram management because it seems the phone has potential under the hood. Seems the tune is out of place.

20. gaster

gaster , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Well here http://www.fonearena.com/blog/188047/oneplus-3-benchmarks.html OP3 gets the lead with 142k and S7 goes 2nd. Check also the other benchs. OP3 almost 1st and then 2nd. No doubt it's powerful