Network/Connectivity oneplus 3 wifi is very sensitive and keeps disconnecting.

1. guanyu210379
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2016

guanyu210379 , Aug 11, 2016 :
    I just received the soft gold yesterday evening, no issues with WLAN.
    I had also no issues on my 1+1, Z2, Z3, Z2 tablet and HTC 10.
    Anyone with WLAN issues have either a defective phone or just buy a proper new WLAN router.

2. kssmybass1
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2016

kssmybass1 , Aug 19, 2016 :
    He just said there is a different wifi source and it disconnects in the same manner. Home Wifi: Diconnecting, Work Wifi: Disconnecting. I'm here in this exact thread for a reason, because, wait for iiitttt.......
    IT'S THE PHONE

No, no, Let's just replace all the routers at the hospital, lololololololol

Bubba10 likes this.
  3. jekhoone
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2016

jekhoone , Sep 1, 2016 :
    It is quite incredible : hundred people having poor connection,network instability with different router or AP when all the others devices work well,and we are speaking about checking router trying fantascentific trouble shooting.
    I beg your pardon in anticipation, but I have to repeat things from another thread (maybe focusing the attention on this annoying issue):
    "Same issue retrieved on the OP3 that i have given to my wife as gift.
    • After reading the slogan (never settle!!), nice presentation of the company, enthusiastic view about developer team i decided to buy the OP3, as said above, as fantastic gift.
    • After three month, one of the most important feature of a smartphone (wifi connection) is totally poor, in terms of connection stability and radio reception. Sometime the phone is correctly connected to the SSID but no internet link is allowed. All the other wifi devices connected to the network work well.
    • Same behaviour with 3.2.4 OTA update.
    • It is easy in that conditions to say "Never Settle". I am total disappointed. Hoping someone from One Plus will explain me the issue and when it will be solved."
        • J

4. Paul013
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2016

5. SimonRam
    Lollipop Sep 19, 2016

SimonRam , Sep 19, 2016 :
    No issues for me either, I love the speeds some of you are getting, I get 35mb which is pretty good here for the UK. Can stream 4k Netflix and Amazon without problems.

6. F_Chris_Guy_ynlZ
    Donut Sep 20, 2016

F_Chris_Guy_ynlZ , Sep 20, 2016 :
    As I have said in another thread, this IS a real issue for many. I traveled a lot over the summer and connected to maybe 20 wifi hotspots in airports and hotels. My wife and I had 4 devices between us and the only one which ever had wifi issues was the OP3 - in many cases when it was showing a reasonable signal strength it would just disconnect or go to the 'exclamation mark' state. I hope a software update can sort this out but I am not optimistic. I have only had my OP3 for a couple of months but this issue has been a real bugbear and will stop me getting a new OP when the time comes to upgrade again.

nousername098 likes this.
  7. Paraskumar
    Eclair Sep 21, 2016

Paraskumar , Sep 21, 2016 :
    Yes I got that issue too..
    even after disconnecting to WiFi it dose't connect it automatically sometimes and overshoots mobile data balance.
    after disconnecting mobile data it connects to WiFi and dose't disconnect.
    but why with data getting disconnect got other 5 devices other then OP3 and no one have this issue.

Please solve this..

Thanks.
    Paras

nousername098 and sahirhussain like this.
  8. G_Diego_Pignedoli_GIir
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2016

G_Diego_Pignedoli_GIir , Sep 21, 2016 :
    Hello,
    I just received the phone and having the issue.
    This is really annoying as it is one of the most important things a smartphone has to do, connect to wifi.
    Going to send it back if it's not resolved in the 15 days, so I think I will send it back lol.

9. Bubba10
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2016

Bubba10 , Sep 28, 2016 :
    WiFi issues here too. Other than WiFi I love the phone. My Oneplus one has much better range compared to the op3. If I'm close to the router (in the same room) it works fine. As soon as I move away it disconnects or speed is painfully slow (12 Mbps on Oneplus one vs 0.2mbps on Oneplus three). Something is seriously wrong. Have tried various updates and ROMs (including stock, latest stock version is worse) nothing works. Using freedom os 1.5.1 now, I'm in the UK, problem both at home (BT home hub 5) and at work.

10. G_Jorge_García_SLzO
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2016

G_Jorge_García_SLzO , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Wifi on my oneplus 3 is almost completely useless !! I have exactly the same issues and am desperate. What can I do ? Send the phone back ?

nousername098 and sahirhussain like this.
  11. Akash Chowdary
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2016

Akash Chowdary , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Facing the same problem,my wifi too gets disconnected frequently while playing games(Mini Militia).

12. SimonRam
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2016

SimonRam , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Try setting to 2.4. Others, me included seem to have a more frequent drop on 5htz don't know why.
    Definitely not as good as the OPO for holding connection though.

13. rabilgic
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2016

14. G_Marco_Pereira_PDfk
    Donut Sep 30, 2016

15. Ending
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2016

Ending , Sep 30, 2016 :
    Mines been fine ever since I got it, haven't had any WiFi drop outs, I struggle more with maintaining 4G than anything

16. Nabil.Ahmindach
    Eclair Sep 30, 2016

17. G_R._K._IlGT
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2016

G_R._K._IlGT , Sep 30, 2016 :
    I think I found a solution for this, had the same issues that my wifi drops over and over again and I try a couple things, for me worked when I turn off at my router 5ghz Band completely and I run only 2,4ghz band.Same options on the Phone too. And now my wifi drop maybe 2-3 Times a day ,before It was about 20+ Times

18. onnoj
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2016

onnoj , Oct 19, 2016 :
    I'm having problems with the wifi as well. Seems to have gotten worse since one of the updates.
    What seems to happen is that the phone just keeps switching to a lower speed, to a point where it can no longer maintain a connection and then drops.

If I disable the wifi and turn it on again, it's back at full speed/signal.
    This happens both at home (where I /do/ have a shitty Wifi router, but it's been fine until a few months ago) and work (where we have awesome tech, but this also started happening a while ago). In both cases the problems only show up when I have a decent (and not excellent) signal strength. (ie 'Fair' strength).

19. manishsingh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 19, 2016

20. jaykc
    Froyo Oct 21, 2016

jaykc , Oct 21, 2016 :
    Definitely an issue with the wifi signal on this phone. Noticed it at work last week - in a location where i had all three bars on my iPhone 6S - the Oneplus 3 was struggling.

Then last night in my bedroom, listening to some music on Spotify - had to give up on the Oneplus as it kept dropping the connection - stuttering music etc. iPhone left on the same bedside locker, connected to the same router - no such issues in playing the music.

This is truly frustrating Oneplus... so much for "Never Settle".