Battery/Charging OnePlus 3 wont charge

1. TemplarSniper
    Eclair Sep 8, 2019

TemplarSniper , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Had problem wouldnt charge no lights so I ordered a new battery and it had a 50% charge left on it after install the phone was working just fine till i ran out of juice and went to go charge up, I would get no lights, sometimes it would come on before and go through all the missed messages with old battery but soon go off. With new battery no lights now but had a charging screen and a red light for charging but after 2 hrs it went out and the screen changed to a blue voltage sign while charging so I went to work for 5 hrs and came home to see if it charged and it is completly dead no lights and when I hold power it says low battery charge, etc.

sdhyani375 likes this.
  2. sdhyani375
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2019

sdhyani375 , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Kind of same issue with my OnePlus 3 as well. I have tried with other type C chargers also, the charging of phone is not stable. It keeps on fluctuating. May be there is some issue with phone's charging slot.

3. TemplarSniper
    Eclair Dec 2, 2020

TemplarSniper , Dec 2, 2020 :
    Since my last post I've bought a refurbed 6T loved it lost it within 3 months of having it due to rushing for work and left at home, when I returned home it wasn't where I left it like it just got up and walked out the house for real but anyhow I've tried to tinker some with my 3T with the new battery installed on my own from previous date mentioned in the 1st post. Between then and now and added a very small dot and I do mean minuscualed very carefully on the back of the plug adaptor for the battery after taking apart and reinstalling there is a very small plug into the board of the phone internally so I added a microdot of superglue and let it charge for 1 day and it worked flawlessly. You might have to play around a little bit with going directly into recovery if and when possible and let sit there charging for 2 hrs at least then reboot should be a flawless load to the O/S of the phone and walla running like a champ.

4. TemplarSniper
    Eclair Dec 2, 2020

5. TemplarSniper
    Eclair Dec 2, 2020

Yes, there is a fitting issue with plug and a new one had to be bought for everything to work properly besides a new battery install and make sure the plug doesn't slip out while re-assemble. The plug for battery sits in the slot on motherboard in a very certain manner and is temperamental it's best to put it in with a very small object like a pin, q tip, back of a pencil eraser, etc. Line up then push it in very slowly after put a microdot of super glue on back on the terminal being very careful not to let get into or around the battery contacts, doing this and letting completely dry before re-assemble is crucial for this will deal it into the contact terminal just right.

6. Optimus_Prime_07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2020

7. Optimus_Prime_07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2020

8. Optimus_Prime_07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2020

11. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018; Community Scholar 2020 Dec 5, 2020

the_o2 , Dec 5, 2020 :
    As you using T-Mobile varient and the software is controlled by them, better to contact them once.

12. imran722
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2020

13. Optimus_Prime_07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2020

15. HancM
    Froyo Dec 9, 2020

16. Honeymooners
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2020

17. Optimus_Prime_07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2020

18. fishua
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2020

fishua , via OnePlus 3 , Dec 14, 2020 :
    The biggest issue for me was honestly the lint in the charging port. Take a paper clip or the tip of a thumb tack and gently scrape out the lint with the phone turned off. This helps so much and is actually really easy imho

19. Shiva8267
    Gingerbread Dec 24, 2020