OnePlus 3t camera focus issue

1. samwale
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2018

samwale , Jun 15, 2018 :
    My OnePlus 3t camera won't focus. I have just hard resetted it and it is still not focussinh. please help

2. G1529117454162
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2018

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018

3. ramananani
    Donut Jun 16, 2018

4. ramananani
    Donut Jun 16, 2018

5. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2018

Android-Andi , Jun 16, 2018 :
    contact customer support, they've replaced the camera module for those who are in warranty and also for some who are out of warranty already.

else it's shouldn't be hard to replace if there's trouble with customer support:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018

6. $m@rty
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2018

$m@rty , Jun 16, 2018 :
    Go to service centre. I had the same problem, they replaced the camera module free of cost even if my phone was out of warranty. I also had a microphone issue, they charged me 570 RS to replace it.

7. samwale
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2018

samwale , Jun 16, 2018 :
    I have reported the problem on the website ... I am from uk. don't know where to go

8. MarkyPancake
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2018

MarkyPancake , Jun 16, 2018 :
    There aren't any OnePlus service centres in the UK, so you need to raise a service request about the auto-focus fault via your OnePlus account page. I had to send my 3T to the service centre in Poland and they replaced the camera module and the focus is working normally again. Took about two weeks from pickup to arriving back with me.

G1529117454162 likes this.
  9. Bob Sisco
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2018

Bob Sisco , Jun 23, 2018 :
    Kudos to OnePlus for repairing the camera on my 3T, out of warranty, absolutely free of charge. Apparently, the camera module in many 3Ts is defective. OnePlus is doing the right thing and replacing the defective rear camera under an extended warranty program. And what is even more remarkable is how quick the phone was repaired and returned. After getting the RMA from OnePlus support I was given a FedEx label for overnight shipping. I dropped off the 3T at the local FedEx office at 2:15pm on Tuesday. It got to the Acer service center in Texas on Wednesday morning, the next day!!! It was repaired and shipped out, overnight,the same day!!! It was delivered to my front door at 9:30am on Thursday morning, fewer than 48 hours after I brought it to FedEx...just amazing. Thanks OnePlus, it's great to have my phone back, didn't take me too long to get really annoyed with the old HTC M9 I used when my 3T was in the shop.

10. Diepakk
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2019

Diepakk , Jan 3, 2019 :
    I have bad experience with oneplus for same issue. Oneplus have put faulty camera in 3/3T and seems in starting they replaced for free now they are charging for it. Its very unreasonable and unfair , normally in this situation companies do fair treatment by replacing faulty component but now oneplus has changed policy (as per customer care) so I think policy is now to cheat customer. I asked them better they could have put 28$ as shipping charge rather than asking to replace for faulty camera which they are already aware of.

11. Walter.White
    Eclair Jan 4, 2019

Walter.White , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Just to report that I had the same issue. DHL came on Monday to pick up my phone and it was returned on Thursday, fully repaired. I was out of warranty and didn't have to pay neither shipping nor the repair. It was a known problem.
    The service center was in Czech republic.

12. sirksenia
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2019

sirksenia , Jan 7, 2019 :
    Important Update: The company has released an OS update on December 18, 2018 that caused those with an intermittent focus issue on their OnePlus 3T phones to have it permanently now... Upon contacting customer service and performing cache wiping, data wiping, OS update reinstall from the phone, CS advised the only course of action is to send the phone for repair. Once I mentioned this thread and many others praising OnePlus for their customer service I got a complete refusal stating that the company stopped offering this as of November 12, 2018 and it will have to be a paid repair... It's worth mentioning that OnePlus does not deny knowing there is an issue, was honoring it via offering free repair out of warranty, and even stated they keep trying to fix it (which was part of the latest update that managed to completely break it...). Yet, they refuse to fix it now, only less than 2 months past the self-imposed due date they kept to themselves... To be more precise, I first contacted support about this issue right before Christmas, and after a veeeeery long chat finally got them to agree to escalate it to their management. Then after another almost 2 weeks of waiting, I got the response that the management did NOT agree to provide the repair free of charge. And then only after more prodding, my request for RMA finally got approved (for the paid repair)... Seeing the comment above I'll be trying them again...

13. ramananani
    Donut Mar 23, 2019

ramananani , Mar 23, 2019 :
    Equalizer is not working while using one plus bullets wireless can any one help me.