OxygenOS

OnePlus 3T expensive junk after Android Pie Update

1. darkbitter Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

darkbitter, Jul 9, 2019 :
    Since the Android Pie update my 3T is almost unusable!
    Super slow response most of the time and even worse:
    The 3T is crashing down and rebooting in a loop multiple times a day. Only can stop this by pressing the power button for 10 seconds (but still it will happen again and again). Meanwhile the 3T is heating up to alarming temperatures.
    I am super disappointed by this kind of "support"!!!

I hoped it would be fixed with the update on 9.0.4 on the weekend .. but no (the same or even worse)!

Dear OnePlus fix this! as soon as possible!
    This is no way to treat your customers to try to force them to buy new smartphones by making the "old" generations unusable with a software update!

--UPDATE--
    After factory reset still no improvement!

And the answer of the support is even worse:
    "Wenn das Anliegen auf der Software zurück zu führen lässt wird das Handy außerhalb der Garantie repariert, Sie werden die Kosten tragen."
    "If the issues are caused by the software the smartphone will be repaired outside of warranty and you (the customer) have to pay all costs."

Thanks for nothing! when frustrating and anger the customer is part of the game: congratulations. you reached end-level!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019

2. Dresa91 Android Q Jul 9, 2019

Dresa91, Jul 9, 2019 :
    this is an USER FORUM! this is not the official OnePlus support page. Here are NO employees of OnePlus.
    AND: I don't face any problems with Pie on my OP3!
    Do a factory reset and see!

Paschfire and Kouncelor like this.
  3. lohiavidit1 Cupcake Jul 17, 2019

lohiavidit1, Jul 17, 2019 :
    Bro, faced the same problem with my OnePlus 3T. I degraded the phone back to Oreo and now it works like a charm [e]2728[/e]. Suggest you to do the same. You won't regret.

4. G_Prasanna_Sharma_BXCt Cupcake Jul 17, 2019

5. Horsault Marshmallow Moderator Jul 17, 2019

Horsault, Jul 17, 2019 :
    Pie IS Android, you know...

pablofg1978 likes this.
  6. Rahul_a Cupcake Jul 19, 2019

Rahul_a, Jul 19, 2019 :
    Hey, how did you downgrade?

7. darkbitter Cupcake Jul 20, 2019

darkbitter, Jul 20, 2019 :
    So since I already did the hard reset and it did not work for me... it got even worse... I hope the official support will come up with a solution for this dilemma.

How did you downgraded your phone? would be great if you could share. thx

8. darkbitter Cupcake Jul 23, 2019

darkbitter, Jul 23, 2019 :
    --UPDATE--
    The answer of the support is ridiculous:
    "Wenn das Anliegen auf der Software zurück zu führen lässt wird das Handy außerhalb der Garantie repariert, Sie werden die Kosten tragen."
    "If the issues are caused by the software the smartphone will be repaired outside of warranty and you (the customer) have to pay all costs."

Thanks for nothing! when frustrating and anger the customer is part of the game: congratulations. you reached end-level!

zakariazain likes this.