Other OnePlus 3T Factory Screen Protector

1. st00sh
    Eclair Dec 6, 2016

st00sh , Dec 6, 2016 :
    I placed an order within a few hours of the OP3T going live in the UK. It arrived much earlier than the date stated by OnePlus.

I was stoked that the phone arrived a few days earlier however when opening it the factory screen protector was not installed.

I didn't buy any protection for the screen thinking the factory screen protector would suffice but this wasn't the case.

Seeing lots of 3T unboxings on YouTube users have a SP fitted.

I'm curious as why mine didnt. Did anyone elses 3T ship minus a SP?

2. Bartnl
    Lollipop Dec 6, 2016

Bartnl , Dec 6, 2016 :
    Haven't seen any other thread about this... yet.
    Got mine last week with the SP, but have not decided yet if I let it stay on or not. It doesn't fit the whole screen so you feel all the time a sharp edge while swiping.

If you do want one, open a help chat on the OP website and try to convince them to send you one without costs.

3. pcostar
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2016

pcostar , Dec 8, 2016 :
    I just got mine and screen protector installed. And yes you do clip the edge of it with a wide screen swipe.

4. st00sh
    Eclair Dec 12, 2016

st00sh , Dec 12, 2016 :
    Thank you to the both of you...I thought as much all the other unboxings show a screen protector installed. Even though it doesn't fit the whole screen I wouldn't have minded it as it would have been one less thing to worry about and the added expense of getting another SP.

Still it doesn't matter as I had to send it back as I couldn't deal with the screen calibration even though I know it can be changed.

Such a shame. Was really looking forward to the OP3T.

5. j244
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2016

j244 , Dec 12, 2016 :
    Are you talking about the calibration of the colors?
    And why would you return the phone if you said you can change it?

6. st00sh
    Eclair Dec 13, 2016

st00sh , Dec 13, 2016 :
    Yes I'm talking about the calibration of colours. I changed the colour temperature but it still wasn't to my liking hence the device went back.