OnePlus 3T has become very slow after Pie Update

1. Paul65Aus
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

Paul65Aus , Jul 10, 2019 :
    Damn I spoke too soon. As I posted above a format made the phone silky smooth like absolutely brand new. Then 2 nights ago they send me a message that there is an another update. I stupidly installed it what a mistake its back to pig slow again. Looks like another format coming up today :(

2. G_Hamel_Goyal_QgYI
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

G_Hamel_Goyal_QgYI , Jul 10, 2019 :
    Same problem for me.

Seems like throwing this phone. I think they are copying Apple's strategy increasing sale of new version by slowing down the other ones.
    really pathetic.

#bycottoneplus

3. lejma
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2019

lejma , Jul 19, 2019 :
    my op3t also got noticeably laggy, especially the GPS is now slow as hell when I have also LTE/4G mobile data on, in open area it need like 20 seconds to catch the signal, without mobile data it's 10 seconds, on Android 8 the GPS was on almost instantly.... please fix this, I seriously don't know how the android 9 was tested but so many people have this problem it's kind of unbelievable :/ thank you

4. ytho
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2019

ytho , Jul 22, 2019 :
    Same & solved thanks to this topic ❤️ factory reset (yep) fixed everything.
    ❤️❤️

5. tnoki
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2019

tnoki , Jul 23, 2019 :
    For what it's worth: wiping the cache as explained upper in this stream worked for me. Better than factory reset...

6. Ozanex
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2019

Ozanex , Jul 23, 2019 :
    Tried the cache wipe but it is still so incredibly slow.
    Please fix this, it went from still a good phone to a crippled one.

7. DWRDeep
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2019

DWRDeep , Jul 24, 2019 :
    Thank you all for warning me of this misery. I had tried to install the update but it failed, possibly because the phone is rooted. I'll stick with Oreo.Does anyone know how I can stop it from every few days telling me to update?

8. Jaap_Rijfers
    Donut Jul 26, 2019

Jaap_Rijfers , Jul 26, 2019 :
    I had this issue, but I fixed my lag by disabling the Adaptive Battery function (Settings -> Battery -> Adaptive Battery).
    Can anyone check if this helps them too? Currently, the result is positive for a population n=1 (aka just me).

Dunno if that fixes the battery drain that people report, as I had those issues before the update already.

9. dckhari
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

G1564478893517 likes this.
  10. G1564478893517
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2019

G1564478893517 , Jul 30, 2019 :
    I tried deleting the cache before and it seemed to help, but the phone almost locked up on me after a day of use.

I was hopeless so I tried this. Turning the animation scale and duration scale to 0 makes the phone feel faster than when I first got it. They seem to be using very inefficient cpu rendering routines when it's on. Fingerprint reader is now instant again and switching between apps is also instant. Opening apps is much quicker also. I just tried this so I don't know about longer periods but it seems like a complete game changer.

11. saurabhkatyal
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2019

saurabhkatyal , Jul 30, 2019 :
    Thanks for this, this really helped me as well to get rid of the lag. This works and is simpler than doing factory reset

12. G_avinash_ashton_pBCc
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2019

G_avinash_ashton_pBCc , Aug 11, 2019 :
    yeah...after each additional update ( starting from Oreo and now pie ) everything is under performance. battery drainage is real issue here. I use my mobile continuously for atleast 10-12 hours daily. earlier I used to full charge once in a day. since one year , it's been a hell to me . now i am plugging my phone atleast 3 full charges and yet overnight drainage is 30% in battery saving mode(& no data ) . screen lag while rolling pages , lag in loading camera using apps , hell with online payment apps ( sometimes camera doesn't scan or open ). There's no point in telling about the fingerprint scan . it's function gone through hell . nowadays I use only face scan . sensors are not working . Camera performance drastically reduced I don't know how. I have reinstalled software three times in 2 years cleaning up all data and yet the phone doesn't get to work well. nowadays any premium mobiles aren't giving their 100% till long-term . this is a great example. I'm not gonna buy any premium mobiles again. it's a great experience.

13. OrigamiSS
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2019

OrigamiSS , Aug 21, 2019 :
    My gf's 3T has became unusable after recent updates, it is constantly hot as hell and everything is visibly laggy. Have tried everything besides a full reset as she doesn't want to lose all her apps. This is a real disappointment as it was very fast and responsive before.

Wiping cache, disabling adaptive battery does seem to help a bit with lag but the phone still feels hot even with nothing running and battery drain is just crazy.

14. G_Elia_Freddi
    Cupcake Aug 22, 2019

G_Elia_Freddi , Aug 22, 2019 :

I just tried it and at first sight it looks much better. Let's see in the next days.
    Thanks

15. thd007
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2019

16. Rahul Dayal
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2019

Rahul Dayal , Aug 23, 2019 :
    AGREED
    thEY are deliberately making theIR phones slow, indirectly you gUYS ARE FORCED TO BUY THE new one pluS models.
    They even removed "cached data button" from phone settings ( by deleting cached data, it actually helped allot to make your phone faster earlier ) to delete cached data.

SEeing this phone working so slowly actually breaks my heart [e]1f494[/e]

NOT EXPECTED, AS I WAS SO PROUD OF 3T

17. G_Elia_Freddi
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

G_Elia_Freddi , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Just to confirm that after few days it is still all OK, for me the issue is solved by disabling the Adaptive Battery function.

18. GirishGmail
    Eclair Sep 10, 2019

GirishGmail , Sep 10, 2019 :
    Most of the apps (that mainly need the internet) have become erratic and very slow. Looks like some inexperienced developers created this update as OnePlus is focusing more on latest models 7, 7t, etc.; this model upgrades are pushed to lower priority now, I guess!

Hello, OnePlus 3t team, are you there!!??

19. ZGhokahsaw
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2019

ZGhokahsaw , Sep 14, 2019 :
    15 Sep 2019
    Still no fix, and it's really annoying, specially after using my friends iPhone and seeing how smooth and quick it was to adjust volume levels
    FIX IT!

20. G_Christelle_Bertholet_g
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2019