Sound Oneplus 3T - Issue with headphone jack

1. Manas Saha
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2016

Manas Saha , Dec 19, 2016 :
    I have just received my brand new oneplus 3T on 16th December, and I noticed some strange behavior with the headphone jack.

first of all, the headphone does not go all the way in. there is a 2mm gap between the headphone jack and the hole. due to this, the headphone connection is not mechanically strong enough. the headphone unplugs when a slight pull on the cable is received during normal usage.

(The phone is brand new and I haven't even took it outside my home, so there is no chance of dirt getting inside the headphone jack)

Secondly, when I plug the headphone, the display simulates a long press. this is same as when you long press on the homescreen, causing the home screens and the customization options to be displayed. pressing back button exits from this home screen edit mode.

Can anyone suggest whats wrong with the device?

2. Rodriguezz
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2016

Rodriguezz , Dec 19, 2016 :
    Looks like defective hardware. Since it´s a new device, i sugest you to don´t force it and contact support.

3. Manas Saha
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2016

Manas Saha , Dec 19, 2016 :
    Its fixed now! looks like there was some problem with my earlier Sony headphone, tried with a Sennheiser and it is working fine now.

eurovortex likes this.
  4. vmsenthil
    Donut Dec 19, 2016

5. amitleoster
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2016

6. eurovortex
    Froyo Dec 21, 2016

7. 3djc
    Donut Dec 21, 2016