Other Oneplus 3T keeps freezing

1. Alex4nd3r
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

Alex4nd3r , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Hi! My Oneplus 3T was nothing short of amazing over the last year. No problems with it what-so-ever. But recently, it has started to behave very weirdly. Here are some of the problems i have:
    -when it's in stand-by and i try to turn on the screen, sometimes it just stays frozen, no response to any action(like fingerprint sensor, power button, tapping 2 times on the display )
    -sometimes when i use it, it just freezes, then after 3-4 seconds the screens turn black. One time a horizontal "like rainbow" line appeared on the bottom part of the screen.
    -I tried to run Antutu stress test yesterday and the first time it froze and in the top part of the screen appeared different horizontal lines of different color.However, when I run it the second time, after 15 minutes of stress test, it had no issues.
    The only thing i can do when it freezes is hold the power button for 6 seconds and the phone powers back-on. Sometimes, however, it remains stuck at the Oneplus logo, the screen turns black and a white LED pings. I then have to force-power it off, go in recovery mode, clear the cache and reboot. The first time I tried a hard reset and stayed on android 7.1.1. and it had no problems for 1 week, but it started doing these "things" again and i reseted the phone once more. This time i am on the latest version of OOS 5.0.5 and android 8.0.0 but the phone froze once even in recovery mode. But here is the thing: the phone can last a day without any issues, or it does it 2 times a day.I made a support ticket and the helper told me to RMA it, but i rather buy a new phone because if the motherboard is the issue i need to pay the shipping ( I don't think OnePlus has any service stores in Romania)+the repair and the new part, adding to well over 200 euros. I will do anything you ask me to do, and i apologize for any spelling mistakes. I hope it's some weird software/firmware bug and i can keep the phone 1 or 2 more years. Thanks in advance!

2. thechicken65
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2018

thechicken65 , Sep 17, 2018 :
    @cristialex2000 Hey, going through everything you've written, it almost certainly seems to be a hardware problem - either the battery or the motherboard. My money is on the motherboard.

3. tonymony191
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2018

tonymony191 , Sep 18, 2018 :
    Hi i can't make new topic i don't know why but my screen randomly stops responding every few weeks or few months and for days i cannot get into my phone. I have important photos, videos, music im scared to factory reset. I tried to wipe data but nothing happened still can't get past my lock screen because my screen not responding.

This has been happening on and off since i bought this phone about 6 months ago and last time it happened it was on charge after 100% i couldn't get it to respond.

What can i do?

4. Alex4nd3r
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2018

Alex4nd3r , Sep 19, 2018 :
    About the battery thing, i have observed a thing yesterday. The phone was good for about 2 days. I went to sleep at 2 AM( don't ask why :)) and when i woke up in this morning at 7:30 AM the phone was frozen. OK, i pressed the power button for 6 seconds and it powered back on. But the battery went from about 56 to 20-ish% in less than 6 hours in stand off. I know the battery is much much cheaper than a motherboard. Should i try to change that first ?

5. thechicken65
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2018

thechicken65 , Sep 19, 2018 :
    No harm in trying.

6. Alex4nd3r
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2019

Alex4nd3r , Jan 15, 2019 :
    So, still no luck after 4+ months of trying to find a solution . I guess I'll just wait for pie update and praise God it fixes this annoying "bug" ( I hope it's a bug and that OnePlus didn't f**cked my phone with the Oreo update as almost every OnePlus 3/3T user is saying) Now I'm stuck looking through every post regarding this issue , but almost none have responses, and even those who have , it's just other users complaining about the exact same problem we have.... Thinking seriously about buying from OP ever again after this nasty experience.....

7. timurazis
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

timurazis , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Any luck on finding the solution? I started having the same issue, just that mine is crashing continuously. I'm about to get another phone, but thought of checking if anyone had any luck in fixing it before

8. damsadansari
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020

Attached Files: