[Submitted] OnePlus 3T random reboots

1. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Dec 23, 2016

runboy93 , Dec 23, 2016 :
    These random reboots are pretty random, really.

Usually these random reboots happen, when I'm using maps + some other application at same time (for example, Chrome or music player)

Hafe likes this.
  2. Yelmen
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2017

Yelmen , Jan 23, 2017 :
    Same problem on my device. (Oneplus 3 running OOS 4.0.2)

Whenever I go out of range of a wifi access point, or leave data to join a wifi network, 75% of the time my device will crash and freeze, and perform a reboot.
    Sometimes, it freezes and I have to longpress power button in order to shutdown.
    Other times I notice it rebooted by itself by having to enter my pincode in order to unlock the phone.

This has been going on since the 4.0.0 update, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2.

Basically makes the phone unusable because whenever wifi is left on, it starts connecting to open networks causing this bug to happen over and over again.

Another friend of me is having the same issues, I suspect it has something to do with the handover between wifi and data. Seeing as this problem is not widely reported, I think it is related to Belgian/European data bands. (Looking at the username of the username above, and my friend also located in Belgium)

Please Oneplus, investigate this asap. Don't hesitate to contact me for further info, this needs a fix, yesterday.

GoA and Hafe like this.
  3. Hafe
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2017

Hafe , Jan 24, 2017 :
    Having the same random reboots on my device (OnePlus 3T on OOS 4.0.2)

I’ve had this problem since I updated to Nougat. As far as I can remember, this wasn’t an issue on Marshmallow. I’m also located in Belgium. For what it’s worth, I know around 8 people who have the OnePlus 3 and 3T, all located in Belgium, and they all have random reboots.

I often take the phone out of my pocket trying to unlock it with my fingerprint, but then get a message on the lockscreen instead stating that “after a reboot, you have to manually unlock with your code” (my phone is in Dutch, I don’t know the exact phrasing in English).

I never made the connection between the reboots and switching from data to Wi-Fi or vice-versa. While I can’t reproduce this problem by manually switching from Wi-Fi to data or by walking out of range of my Wi-Fi, I often have the reboot message on my lockscreen after a commute from my college to my dorm. I do have an app installed from my carrier, which enables me to use Wi-Fi access points from people who have the same carrier. Maybe my phone reboots because it has multiple connects and disconnects during my commute?

If it’s an local issue, it would explain why there is such little to find about it online. I consider myself luck I found this thread, so I can give my side of the problem.

4. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2017

5. LodeDeHerdt
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2017

LodeDeHerdt , Jan 29, 2017 :
    Same problem here. OP3T (Oxygen 4.02, Android 7.0) freezes and reboots with about 50% probability when it loses wifi connectivity. I also bought the phone in Belgium but I'm currently experiencing the same issue in Switzerland with a Swiss SIM. Except for just turning the wifi off, I haven't found anything that helps. Did anyone find a solution yet?

6. eww
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

eww , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Hello,

Same problem here. OP3T (Oxygen 4.02, Android 7.0) freezes and reboots.
    I did a factory reset two days ago and the problem is still there.
    Just a couple of minutes ago I got a message seconds before the reboot: "OnePlus launcher is not responding" with two options: wait, close. I couldn't select any of them because the screen was stuck too.

I hope this helps to find a solution.

Erik

7. G_David_Sadin_UYZY
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

G_David_Sadin_UYZY , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Some probleme here with a OP3.
    I allready factory reset it , wiped it, ...
    Also in Belgium, on proximus if that helps

8. LodeDeHerdt
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

LodeDeHerdt , Jan 30, 2017 :
    So as it seems to be a problem that happens mostly to Belgians, and I didn't get any random reboots in Safe Mode, I deleted my Belgian apps one by one. I've noticed that since I deleted MyProximus yesterday, the problem has stopped. It could just be a coincidence, but I'll keep an eye on it and let you know.

Hafe likes this.
  9. Yelmen
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

Yelmen , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Problem is related to using the my proximus app. Deleting the app solved the issue for me.

10. GoA
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2017

GoA , Jan 31, 2017 :
    Oneplus 3 here, but same issue since the Oxygone OS upgrade.

I'm going to remove the proximus app to check if it fixes the issue.

11. NathanFo
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

NathanFo , Feb 4, 2017 :
    Hi, just had exactly the same problem with my Oneplus 3. Uninstalled the app Myproximus yesterday and don't had any reboot all the Day. That was the problem !

12. Dominique Suys
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

Dominique Suys , Feb 4, 2017 :
    Hi. same here. Removed the MyProximus app and the OP is stable again. Thanks for the suggestion!

13. flxg
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2017

flxg , Feb 10, 2017 :
    Damn. I got so frustrated by this. Just uninstalled the proximus app, hope the reboots stop. Fingers crossed

14. SweZapp
    Donut Feb 14, 2017

SweZapp , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Happy for you that the uninstall of MyProximus might have solved it for you. I however is based in Sweden and experience the same problem with my 3T (latest ROM) and I don't have that app. What kind of app is that and how was it supposed to work. I need to figure out if I have some similar app that can be doing the same to my device.

15. bremmerie
    Froyo Feb 23, 2017

bremmerie , Feb 23, 2017 :
    this is an app from our mobile provider to check your stats about data / phone time usage. Maybe in sweden there is also a provider app to check your data usage?

16. snowcat98
    Eclair Feb 27, 2017

snowcat98 , Feb 27, 2017 :
    Same issue here. Happens couple of times a week. Sometimes even couple of times per day, mostly when it's in my pocket and not being used. I recently bought the phone so I'm not sure whether this was present in older O2OS versions.

OnePlus 3T A3010.

17. snowcat98
    Eclair Feb 27, 2017

18. bremmerie
    Froyo Mar 2, 2017

19. dedycx
    Donut Mar 30, 2017

dedycx , Mar 30, 2017 :
    same problem. I use Oneplus 3T A3000 128GB (America/Canada model)
    my device experience random freeze and reboot, after upgrading from OOS 3.4.5 to 4.1.0
    I've deleted the cache, system settings with recovery and has been downgraded to 3.5.4 does not solve the problem.
    give me solution

20. chologringo
    Donut Feb 21, 2018

chologringo , Feb 21, 2018 :
    Still having issues with this as well (3t latest OS), normally in pocket mode. Any solutions yet?