Display OnePlus 3T screen crack + unresponsive (data recovery needed)

1. Achal Devrukhkar
    Donut Apr 14, 2019

Achal Devrukhkar , Apr 14, 2019 :
    Hey everyone, my OnePlus 3T fell and cracked along the upper right edge. The display doesn't show anything but everything can still be clicked. I want to recover the data from the phone but don't know how to do so. Any help would be appreciated. I can't even unlock the phone because I thought restarting might help (novice mistake) but now I'm locked out because it doesn't take fingerprint on restart and to put in my pin I can't see anything on the screen.

2. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

RogerOriginals , Apr 15, 2019 :
    As the data on OnePlus phones are usually encrypted and cannot be decrypted without a pin or password, I'd say take the phone to a OnePlus service center and ask them to help you recover your data. Maybe they can.

Achal Devrukhkar likes this.
  3. PastaPizza
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2019

PastaPizza , Apr 15, 2019 :
    you can hook up a wired mouse to your phone with an USB c to USB a adapter. then you can sign in and perform all actions needed to backup your data.

4. Achal Devrukhkar
    Donut Apr 15, 2019

Achal Devrukhkar , Apr 15, 2019 :
    how can I do that without my display working? should I connect to an external display?

5. PastaPizza
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2019

PastaPizza , Apr 15, 2019 :
    sorry, i think I misunderstood. I thought the touchscreen wasn't working but the display still was.
    I don't know if there is a possibility of connecting it to an external display.

6. Achal Devrukhkar
    Donut Apr 15, 2019

Achal Devrukhkar , Apr 15, 2019 :
    awww okay thanks anyways I'll try different things if something works I'll post a comment here so others can do the same