OxygenOS Oneplus 3T slowdown and Lag after Recent Pie Update

1. mashrujeet
    Donut Jul 29, 2019

mashrujeet , Jul 29, 2019 :
    Hi,
    I am currently on version A3003_28_190625 after Pie Update, My device has slowed down terribly.
    Apps open after laging for long.
    When I receive a call, it doesn't show on screen for 3-5 seconds.
    The scrren says on-going call even after call is disconnected.
    Fingerprint Lock scanner has become very slow
    Apps in general also lags.

I formatted my phone, still the same issues.

If this is a strategy like Apple to force customers to buy new phone by slowing down the current one then I am absolutely disappointed with OnePlus.

Oneplus Community, please help with a fix on this!

2. Shahpraneel
    Eclair Jul 29, 2019

3. Nikhil 3
    Eclair Jul 29, 2019

Nikhil 3 , Jul 29, 2019 :
    I'm facing the same issues too. Whenever I get a call and my phone's screen is off the screen doesn't turn on although the vibration starts along with the ringtone I've to unlock the phone and still wait for 5-6 seconds and after that the call notification pops up and then I pick the call it's so irritating. It happens like 5-10 times when my screen is off. Another issue is that whenever I hang up any call it doesn't ends it keeps on going and I can see it in the notification I've to wait for like 5 seconds and then the call ends. It happens 8-10 times. It's so annoying and I don't even know if the other person can still hear me after I hang up the call.

4. G_Tajinder_Pal_Singh_OtJ
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2019

G_Tajinder_Pal_Singh_OtJ , Jul 30, 2019 :

5. G_Tajinder_Pal_Singh_OtJ
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2019

mashrujeet likes this.
  6. Semantic
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2019

Semantic , Jul 30, 2019 :
    I've got the exact same problems with my 3T. Also, using google maps is a horrendous experience after the update. So slow and laggy.

mashrujeet likes this.
  7. mashrujeet
    Donut Jul 30, 2019

mashrujeet , Jul 30, 2019 :
    yes Google maps and a lot of other apps as well.

Sometimes even the screen is stuck and stops working, even after pressing the lock button it doesn't work. screen freezes.

8. Paschfire
    KitKat Jul 31, 2019

Paschfire , Jul 31, 2019 :
    No, OnePlus is not doing anything nefarious to these devices.

I suggest you report such issue(s) through the proper channels, as creating a thread here within the community forums isn't the correct places for submitting bug reports. There's a specific sections made for submitting such reports(linked just below), otherwise OnePlus Devs/bug hunters will likely never read this.

Bug/Issue reports go here;
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Or, continue the discussion within one of the existing release threads for OOS 9.0.X to look for other possible solutions.

OOS 9.0.2~9.0.3 Pie 9 for OnePlus 3/3T here;
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...android-pie-for-oneplus-3-oneplus-3t.1037208/

OOS 9.0.4 Pie 9 for OnePlus 3/3T here;
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-9-0-4-for-oneplus-3-oneplus-3t.1065726/

In the future pls use the forums search, before creating unnecessary threads like this one.

9. Shahpraneel
    Eclair Jul 31, 2019

Shahpraneel , Jul 31, 2019 :
    I am already on Oxygen 9.0.4

10. Paschfire
    KitKat Jul 31, 2019

Paschfire , Jul 31, 2019 :
    We've already establish this, so I suggest you reread my last comment again and report such issues through the correct channels.

11. Therajatsingh
    Froyo Aug 4, 2019

mashrujeet likes this.
  12. sunnyharpal
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

sunnyharpal , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Same issue... Slow apps still manageable, but it sucks when your phone ringing and you are unable to pick call.. Please fix or give us option to rollback... Thanx

mashrujeet likes this.
  13. sunnyharpal
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

sunnyharpal , Aug 25, 2019 :
    One more bug.. Previously after 10-15 days phone was asking password for additional security.. But now after some time it's says.. Password required after restart.. And i haven't restarted..