OxygenOS OnePlus 3T Uk Handset still no Nougat update?

1. borse2008
    Eclair Jan 5, 2017

borse2008 , Jan 5, 2017 :
    Any ideas peeps running stock rom any ideas when or an eta how to get it i know its staggered and out?

jono_1001 likes this.
  2. Mke34g
    Froyo Jan 6, 2017

3. Heffmeister
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2017

Heffmeister , Jan 6, 2017 :
    Download Turbo VPN - Select Germany as country
    Check for an update, Download update.

WARNING: New update seems to have messed up 3rd party widgets for me, they aren't working properly anymore. So I don't recommend updating if you are a person that relies on 3rd party widgets.

4. Bartnl
    Lollipop Jan 6, 2017

Bartnl , Jan 6, 2017 :
    As you have update to Android 7, some widgets designed for Android 6 do not work.
    You should check if there are any Android 7 updates for those widgets.

5. stuartsphone
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

stuartsphone , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Is there any downside to changing countries and using the VPN to get the update? if you get it as a German or Canada, and you are in the UK, then when it installs doesn't it do it as though you are in those countries, even if the actual install file is the same? I am in the UK and am a little surprised that 10 days after the nougat update was released that it still hasn't arrived, even though I believe it's now a .01 update. Makes me wonder if there are some specific reasons why the UK hasn't got this update yet?

6. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Jan 11, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Countries like UK and India might get a bundled update aftwr all issues are resolved. There might be one or two more patch releases. I am using BT network in UK. I downloaded the update manually as a zip file and installed it. Except minor issues, there are no deal breakers

7. G_Tommy_Haywood_WrES
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

8. Dalinian61
    Donut Jan 11, 2017

Dalinian61 , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Hi folks, I'm using a OnePlus 3T in the UK, and having perused several threads here on this topic, I've now upgraded twice (to OxygenOS v4.0, and v4.0.1) by using the free 'Opera VPN' app to switch my virtual location to Canada, then downloading and executing the OTA update.

All seems to be running fine under Android v7.0 Nougat, and as far as my understanding goes, since these OTA updates are global, rather than regional, one can use this 'VPN > { Canada | Germany } > OTA Update' procedure from anywhere in the world, as a workaround for the OTA Nougat update not yet being available at your current location.

So, with only minor apologies to OnePlus for intra-territorial "cheating" on your 'gradual incremental rollout plan', here's my own...

How To Acquire Your OxygenOS 4.0.1 (N) OTA Upgrade for the OnePlus 3T
    • Go to Google Play Store
    • Download and install the free 'Opera VPN' app
    • Open 'Opera VPN' and switch your region to 'Canada'
    • Go to Settings - and note that 'System updates' now has a 'NEW' tag!
    • Tap on 'System updates'
    • Tap on 'DOWNLOAD NOW', and wait for the download to complete (for me, for the OOS v4.0 update: a 919 MB download, completed in 10 minutes, 01:27 to 01:37 on Thu 05 Jan 2017)
    • Tap on 'REBOOT TO UPGRADE NOW', and the 'Android system update' begins...
    • After 14 minutes and a couple of auto-reboots, your OnePlus 3T should now be running OxygenOS 4.0.1 (N), incorporating Android 7.0 - with 'Kernel version' dated at 'Wed Jan 4 18:35:59 CST 2017'!
    While I happened to do this in the UK, this process ought to work successfully wherever you are in the world (as far as my understanding goes).

LD1998 likes this.
  9. G_Ryan_Healy_rBnw
    Donut Jan 11, 2017