Network/Connectivity OnePlus 3t VOLTE not working with jio SIM.

1. ganeshcd
    Donut Dec 24, 2016

ganeshcd , Dec 24, 2016 :
    I am facing issues with my new OnePlus 3 t ( 6 days old). VOLTE does not work. I have restarted the phone VOLTE appears on the top but unable to call.
    Am a bit disappointed with this. another major problem is battery life. I don't see any difference between my 1 year old OP2 and brand new OP3t.
    Hope there is a known fix for the same.

chakri reddy, ksa2, ashuta123 and 2 others like this.
  2. G_Aquib_Ujani_zbnL
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2016

chakri reddy likes this.
  3. RONY JOHN
    Gingerbread Dec 24, 2016

RONY JOHN , Dec 24, 2016 :
    Jio sometimes wont connect to some networks. Try calling some other number to check that or calling 3,4 times may sometimes get connected. I suppose its not the devices issue. Dnt knw about battery life.

chakri reddy likes this.
  4. asjain275
    Donut Dec 24, 2016

asjain275 , Dec 24, 2016 :
    Also check with apn settings.. On my 3T it took some very odd apn settings by default instead of jionet and yet the internet was working.

chakri reddy likes this.
  5. G_manpreet_virk_vfEl
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2016

chakri reddy likes this.
  6. kalander Shihab
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 24, 2016

7. Rajeshr15
    Honeycomb Dec 24, 2016

8. G_abhay_shankar_Prasad_H
    Donut Dec 24, 2016

G_abhay_shankar_Prasad_H , Dec 24, 2016 :
    if u are using two sim and put jio sim in 1st slot, go to SIM AND NETWORK setting, at the bottom change DEFAULT SIM FOR CELLULAR DATA to select jio sim, now you can see VOLTE option in sim setting, enable this one. now all good and u can make call from jio.

When got 3t phone, tried 2 days to make it work also search it youtube but not get any info regarding this, but later I got this option.

hope u guys help.

Robbie72, mnm82 and Enduser1992 like this.
  9. deepu ghuman 27
    Donut Dec 24, 2016

deepu ghuman 27 , Dec 24, 2016 :
    M also facing the problem after installing the new version my network problem arise two days ago.. Network is cming and going within 30sec.. M using two sim both connection having same issue even I call the customer care every thing is alright... After updating the new version network gone both Jio and bsnl.. So please tell me but can I do.. Or tell me how previous version can te install again... Waiting for reply

10. G_Rakesh_Menon_etqp
    Eclair Dec 24, 2016

11. Mohamedimran
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2016

Mohamedimran , Dec 24, 2016 :
    1.Try inserting the sim in slot 1
    2. Restart the phone
    3. Go to settings and turn on volte
    4. Make default sim foe cellular data as jio
    These setting worked for me

12. Tarun_1988
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2016

13. dexterouz
    Froyo Dec 26, 2016

dexterouz , Dec 26, 2016 :
    VoLTE working for me. Sim slot 1.
    But if you are talking about calling then, that is a long time issue. It has improved but the call quality is not good. Also, the data speed has reduced too.

14. sagar.bot05
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

sagar.bot05 , Dec 27, 2016 :
    Help needed!!

I am using Sim 1: Jio and Sim 2: BSNL. When data using Jio is selected. Everything works fine.(VoLTE display in notification bar). I can receive and make calls from both sims. But, if i choose data from Sim 2 i.e. BSNL. Suddenly Jio network goes off and i cant use Jio for calls.

So i am still in confusion. What to say? Can't i keep Jio active while i am consuming data from BSNL?

15. G_danish_khan_rhDG
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

G_danish_khan_rhDG , Dec 27, 2016 :
    Hie everyone, I jus bought one plus 3T and the problem is I am not getting optimal 4G speed with my JIO SIM, also when I am using the same SIM with my Moto X the speed is up to the mark.
    Can someone tell me the solution for that.

16. kaushal.cooldude
    Donut Dec 27, 2016

kaushal.cooldude , Dec 27, 2016 :
    I have recently got OP3T (India), and have inserted Jio4G SIM in it. I am able to get 4G connectivity however I am not able to make and receive calls and text. When I have contacted JIO Support they have confirmed that OP3T is VoLTE supported I will not require Jio4GVoice App to make and receive calls and text.
    What could be the problem here, can someone please help?

bmontz, Sameep26 and pranay333 like this.
  17. Ankur_Jain_Ujj
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

kanahai likes this.
  18. Sameep26
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

Sameep26 , Jan 1, 2017 :
    I'm facing the same problem but don't know what's wrong with it!

19. kaushal.cooldude
    Donut Jan 2, 2017

kaushal.cooldude , Jan 2, 2017 :
    I have recently replaced my SIM (instead of messing up with my new phone more) and it started working, hence now I am suspecting that the SIM was having a problem rather the device itself. Sometimes SIM doesn't get activated for VoLTE services by the carrier (I have never got APN settings pushed to my phone automatically from my carrier) and we don't receive accurate APN settings that are really required for VoLTE/LTE.
    As soon as I have inserted the new SIM everything started working perfectly and even I have received new APN settings from the carrier which are required for VoLTE and LTE.
    I have tried this with another VoLTE enabled phone, my SIM didn't work in it and my friend's SIM worked well on my phone which made me believe that the SIM change would work and it really worked once I have replaced the SIM.

I would suggest the same to you as well, to try your SIM in another VoLTE enabled phone to verify if SIM is working properly.

20. bmontz
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

bmontz , Jan 9, 2017 :
    I am facing the exact same issue. Can someone from the OnePlus support team please respond to a possible solution