Network/Connectivity Oneplus 3T wifi

1. gabemiller832
    Eclair Dec 16, 2016

gabemiller832 , Dec 16, 2016 :
    Hi guys, I received my 3T yesterday. It's a good phone, I enjoy it, rainbow, unicorns, feng shui.
    But I have a problem with the wifi adapter.

1. If I use the hotspot of my Oneplus One I'm migrating from and connect 3T to it, all is well -> 3T wifi adapter is fine.
    2. When I have both phones side by side, hanging on the same wifi network, OPO works fine, 3T stays offline (!), every network connection times out -> wifi network is fine
    3. When I disable 3T wifi and go to 4G, all network connection is fine again.

No, I don't have MAC filtering set up on my router.

Any ideas?

Thanks, guys.

Gabor

vinayvinayak62682 and tonykung like this.
  2. gabemiller832
    Eclair Dec 16, 2016

gabemiller832 , Dec 16, 2016 :
    update: I managed to resolve the problem *partially*, now some of the applications function, some do not.
    I.e. Spotify and Google Play timeouts, other apps like Citrix Secure Hub, Google Chrome and Gmail do work.

Wtf..?

3. ibressem
    Donut Dec 16, 2016

ibressem , Dec 16, 2016 :
    my 3t also gets sometimes no connection, but only for some apps. whats app f.e. dont works then. with lte ive no problems,

4. papolytic
    Gingerbread Dec 16, 2016

papolytic , Dec 16, 2016 :
    If you're rooted and can use a terminal emulator or just want easy typing and visuals, then use a command shell and adb shell, then:
    $ ifconfig -a # figure out from output which is main wifi (, likely wlan0, but I'm forgetting at the moment).
    # from output , look at DNS server(s). If it's just router name, try to look up your target site like:
    $ nslookup {targetsite}.{suffix} {DNS server} # should return an ip address.
    # if not returned, try nslookup {targetsite}:{suffix} 8.8.8.8
    # if that returns an ip address, then $ping {ip} and if it works, then:

It's possible your problem is DNS not working and it's a pretty good bet it's something about router setup since you likely didn't mess around with the phone networking. If you can test with another wifi source (another router), do it. If you can just find another phone with tethering, turn on hotspot, test with that.

To do a workaround for the moment, you can set DNS ip to 8.8.8.8 (this may depend where you are in the world but you might be able to look up the nearest opendns server), I think, using setprop. You could figure out the command via getprop like:
    $adb shell
    $ getprop | grep -i dns
    $ setprop {returned relevant param from last statement} {8.8.8.8}

Good luck.

5. fecterantlink
    Donut Dec 20, 2016

fecterantlink , Dec 20, 2016 :
    i have problems with wifi after i updated the google play services, my phone cant even detect any wifi anymore. if i do the factory reset, the problem is gone but everytime i update the google play services, the problem exists again, any suggestions ?

dexterouz likes this.
  6. dexterouz
    Froyo Dec 21, 2016

dexterouz , Dec 21, 2016 :
    Oxygen OS 3.5.3
    Oneplus 3T 64GB

I have an issue with 3T WiFi too.

After switching on the phone, it doesn't connect to my saved wifi. Also, it doesn't detect any wifi networks. It just keeps on searching. This is happening every day. This is the 3rd day of my purchase.

Last time I restarted the phone, I restarted the router too, and still the same issue. Removed the saved wifi, it took 5 mins to show 2 available networks (another phone was showing 7 wifis), then after next 5 mins it showed my wifi network.

Today, it's taking way more time to scan the network. After 10 mins it showed 2 but not mine.

Again, I have removed my saved wifi. No progress. Phone is just scanning for networks.

7. G_Vikrant_Patwardhan_mks
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2016

G_Vikrant_Patwardhan_mks , Dec 23, 2016 :
    Hi,
    I got my 3T this Monday (19th Dec, 2016). I've been facing the following disappointments:
    1. WiFi network drops frequently. Even when moving between two levels of my house.

2. Screen tactility / responsiveness: Often, tapping on a link is returning no response. I then have to wait & re-tap around various parts of the link-text to get a response

In addition, the following features are annoying:
    1. Not having an "are you sure you want to delete" check on photos if the delete button gets touched. In combination with the soft delete button on the bottom right, this becomes a lethal combo when friends / family are handling the phone. I have already lost several important snaps!

2. How do I know this is really a 3T and not a 3 in a new box? The model number on the phone back still says OnePlus A3003.

3. The phone speaker's max volume seems rather low. It is especially difficult to hear anything on the speaker when out in open spaces, when it is really required.

Would appreciate any guidance around resolving these!

8. iajay
    Eclair Dec 23, 2016

iajay , Dec 23, 2016 :
    Hi
    I received my 3T yesterday.. Even I am noticing slow wifi connection, sometime disconnections etc etc
    Did your wifi problems resolve? Did you replace the mobile?
    Awaiting anxiously for your reply
    Regards
    Ajjaykummar

9. Solexje
    Froyo Dec 23, 2016

Solexje , Dec 23, 2016 :
    For me also weak wifi on OP3T. On my OPO much better wifi. Also speaker is bot loud enough...on OPO louder.

10. G_Vikrant_Patwardhan_mks
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2016

Ajay,
    Can you please put your query as a specific reply to my post? It seems once I get five replies I'll be able to highlight our issues as a new, independent thread.

Regards

11. G_Vikrant_Patwardhan_mks
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2016

Solexje,
    Did you put in your note as a reply to my post? It seems I need five replies to be able to raise these issues as a distinct thread.

If you didn't the first time over, can you please specifically reply to my post?

Thanks

12. Solexje
    Froyo Dec 23, 2016

Solexje , Dec 23, 2016 :
    This was a reply to your post.

13. iajay
    Eclair Dec 23, 2016

14. iajay
    Eclair Dec 23, 2016

iajay , Dec 23, 2016 :
    I have opened a seperate post.. Anyways you can also open..

15. iajay
    Eclair Dec 23, 2016

16. playhardk
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2016