OnePlus 5 128GB vs Google Pixel 2 XL 128GB

1. Pois0nDF Cupcake Oct 6, 2017

2. Budruel Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2017

Budruel, Oct 6, 2017 :
    For me, oneplus has only committed 3 errors. Advertising the op5 with a slogan about the camera, which does not correspond to reality, the camera at least for now, is good, but does not make photos clearer! Do not put USB type-C 3.0! ERROR. And have not put two front speakers. Otherwise, best possible processor, huge storage for the price, and fast. RAM by a tube. Amoled screen with the perfect definition for a mobile, more is nonsense unless you go to use VR, for now is something that is nothing more than a curiosity. For now. Slider alert, I love it. Has input headphones, too early to remove it from the mobiles, in my opinion. As I see it, there is no better phone with the necessary for this price. The more expensive ones have nonsense that you use the first few days. Then people end up doing the usual. You have money to spare or you want to give yourself a treat, go ahead, buy the iPhoneX or another smartphone. But it is not logical, it is emotional, impulsive. Of course, the only one that would buy me if it were not op5, would be the Samsung note 8. It's complete and it's beautiful.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

Pois0nDF and remedy like this.
  3. remedy KitKat Oct 6, 2017

remedy, Oct 6, 2017 :
    The Pixel 2 is being launched for Diwali and is targeted at rich Indians who would otherwise buy the OP5 or iPhone X.

4. G_Brandon_Ramnarinesingh Eclair Oct 7, 2017

G_Brandon_Ramnarinesingh, Oct 7, 2017 :
    They would have the same software, but the resolution would be better in the pixel 2, and the cam would most likely be better but not by much.

5. EddieNkounou Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

6. newnews Froyo Oct 7, 2017

newnews, Oct 7, 2017 :
    depends, OP 5 has dual sim support and very wide frequency bands can be used in every country. pixel cannot.

7. felipemendes Jelly Bean Oct 7, 2017

felipemendes, Oct 7, 2017 :
    I agree with part of this.

Stereo speakers are a very good thing. OP5's is loud and clear, although being a single one on the bottom, it's easy to block with the finger. Still much better than last year's Pixel. I can hear OP5's even when my finger is blocking, while I couldn't hear Pixel at all.

Camera: I think OP5 is very decent. Putting this way: a bad photo with the OP5 will also be a bad photo when taken by the Pixel. The opposite is also true. Their mistake was to make a huge fuss about it. It probably had worked, as I think OP5 is their best seller, although made a lot of people frustrated.

USB type C 3.0: First, it's only USB 2.0, on a type C connector. I'd prefer USB 3.0 with video output support, but for the price that's what we can get, I guess. But type C is an absolute must. I wish all microUSBs would be gone forever.

Budruel likes this.
  8. gagandhody Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

gagandhody, Oct 7, 2017 :
    I have a OP5 and it's a great phone with some bugs like not so perfect bokeh effect mode, GPS issues, ambient light screen brightness inconsistencies,. But still I think it's a good bang for your buck.

I have pre ordered the Pixel 2 XL. one of the reasons is due to the annoying bugs in OP5 and the camera performance is going to be groundbreaking (not that OP5 isn't good). The camera on Pixel is far better than the OP5. The low light performance will be incomparable.

if you have the money go for Pixel 2 XL. OP5 will not match it's performance and quality.

I can't wait for my Pixel 2 XL to be delivered.

hotsauce likes this.
  9. AaronStark171 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 7, 2017

AaronStark171, Oct 7, 2017 :
    If money is not an issue, go for the pixel xl 2.
    Op5 is great but pixel xl 2 is far more superior.
    With stuff like ip67 rating, fast and fluid os, better cameras and timely updates, pixel xl 2 kicks butt.
    OP5 design is outdated and iphony. Pixel has a more distinctive look and better body to screen ratio.

10. vj4mqntm Froyo Oct 7, 2017

vj4mqntm, Oct 7, 2017 :
    don't go for OP5, better Samsung or Apple which is beat not good experience with oneplus5

11. Sinnaz0709 Honeycomb Oct 7, 2017

Sinnaz0709, Oct 7, 2017 :
    pixel... I'm in the process of selling my three to move to the pixel 2 ...to many glitches n poor with security patches...

12. Jadeja00 Froyo Oct 7, 2017

13. F_Marcio_Barros_pnoe Gingerbread Oct 7, 2017

F_Marcio_Barros_pnoe, Oct 7, 2017 :
    now look. what do you need on a phone? it should be blazing fast? it should have the best camera, should it go underwater? do you listen to music with headphones or not?
    the pixel is completely different from the OnePlus for different audiences.
    I chose the oneplus because I listen to music and watch animes, YouTube and so forth with my professional headphones. And I want something fast with a big internal storage. the OnePlus 5 was just what I needed and for the price I couldn't ask more.
    underwater I already got a GoPro recording at 4k with ois and it beats every phone by miles.

After all this you have to look what you need on a phone, people can't choose for you, they just comment the phone they like the most.

either one, pixel or OnePlus you will have a flagship phone with top specs and superb quality overall.
    hope you find the perfect phone for your needs my friend.
    good luck

14. gmo8492 Lollipop Oct 7, 2017

gmo8492, Oct 7, 2017 :
    I know people like to fanboy over Google and I do to, but the new Pixel is an utter disappointment. I feel like I would be throwing money in the trash buying one. They're insanely expensive and they decided to get rid of the headphone jack and try to sell some overpriced wireless earbuds that look like something you find on eBay. Go with the OnePlus 5, I'm waiting for the OnePlus 6 since my next upgrade needs to support band 71 for T-Mobile, the new Pixel doesn't even support it.

15. Corvid Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

Corvid, Oct 7, 2017 :
    I've had all the Google phones in succession and only regretted the 5X because of the bootloop problem. For me the insane price of the pixel is a no go. That said, if $ was not an issue I'd buy the Pixel. Hands down.

16. kurama1099 Donut Oct 7, 2017

17. F_Shahar_Levy_IptL Donut Oct 7, 2017

18. Deactivated User Oct 7, 2017

19. Sean687 Gingerbread Oct 7, 2017

Sean687, Oct 7, 2017 :
    just because the pixel has a higher battery capacity doesn't mean it's going to last as long as the Oneplus . Also charging is definitely a key factor to go for Oneplus

Deactivated User likes this.
  20. gagandhody Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

gagandhody, Oct 7, 2017 :
    which headphones u have ?