OnePlus 5 automatically turning to silent mode

1. F_Mahesh_Auti_sCuR
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2021

F_Mahesh_Auti_sCuR , Mar 1, 2021 :
    OnePlus 5 automatically turning to silent mode and thus not able to receive any calls as I am not able to hear them only the screen turns on and I see the silent symbol in the notification bar although my alert slider in on ring mode.

2. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 1, 2021

superplus , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Hi, I've moved your thread to the OP5 General Support section from Off-topic, because the latter is for discussions not immediately related to OnePlus devices/Tech/Photography, etc.

With regards to the issue you are facing, has this only recently started occurring? Have you changed the OS?

So far I've only seen reports of this happening in later generation devices, but it might still be worth to check - are you using/have you recently started using a flip cover with strong magnets by any chance?

the_o2 likes this.
  3. F_Mahesh_Auti_sCuR
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2021

4. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 2, 2021

superplus , Mar 2, 2021 :
    Thanks for your reply. In future, please try to use "reply" or "quote", or people might easily miss your reply.

It seemed unlikely to be the cover, but good nonetheless to be able to exclude that.

So when did this issue start occurring? Which OS/version are you on? Where are you keeping the phone when the issue starts to occur? If you use the alert slider now, can you change the position away from silent again?

the_o2 likes this.