Oneplus 5 Battery drain problem

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jun 24, 2017

Crystal Z. , Jun 24, 2017 :
    Hi, all

Sorry to hear about this issue.
    Can anyone facing the issue collect some logs so that we could look into it?
    1. Go to phone dialer app and dial *#800#
    2. Select the first option which says “oneplus Logkit”, delete history log
    3. Click "advanced", choose "save log type", select all these options (Kernel, Main, System, Radio, Event, Tcpdump), then click OK
    4. Click "save log", when it informs you whether to reboot, click “cancel”
    5. Go to settings-battery, and take a screenshot of the battery consuming situation
    6. Enter oneplus Logkit, choose “other log info”, click “get top info”, “battery history” every ten minutes (at least get three times) and “get bugreport info” when you're about to stop the whole process
    7. Finally, enter “oneplus Logkit”, choose save log again to stop it.
    Finally, enter files>internal storage>oem_log, find the folder, zip it and send it to us along with the screenshot

If battery drains most under normal use, please capture the log when you use normally. If it drains under long time standby, please start it before you go to sleep and finish when you wake up.
    It’s better to do it when battery is below 50%.
    After you share us the logs, please delete the file from your phone or it will occupy a lot of storage.

Our email address is bughunters@oneplus.net, please also send us the issue link.

Best regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

Q1509946139883 likes this.
  2. sycshk
    Froyo Jun 24, 2017

3. Nishan1988
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2017

4. The Droid Guru 2
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2017

Attached Files:

5. Vinothprasu
    Eclair Jun 24, 2017

Vinothprasu , Jun 24, 2017 :
    ya when I was updated version thereafter only heat issue happened,really bad impression me.

6. Razer
    Froyo Jun 24, 2017

Razer , Jun 24, 2017 :
    Same problem over here, and I'm not a noob and I know what I'm doing. My idle drain on the OP3 was about 2-3% overnight. Now with the exact same setup, my idle drain was about 12% last night. Please OP fix this...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017

7. veda2810
    Gingerbread Jun 28, 2017

veda2810 , Jun 28, 2017 :
    Guys I'm facing a serious issue.

My phone isn't going in sleep mode when idle. The battery got drained from 44% to 18% in 5 hrs while idle.

Please check the attached screenshot.

The phone doesn't go in sleep/idle mode

Attached Files:

8. G_Siddharth_Dalmia_dSVD
    Donut Jun 28, 2017

9. hirolau
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

hirolau , Jun 29, 2017 :
    After software update my battery drained 4% per hour with screen off. After rebooting and clearing the cache it seems to be draining %0 per hour with the screen off, much better!

10. Rikinpatel459
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2017

11. veda2810
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2017

12. ClarkNarvas
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2017

13. Nikhil Seenivas
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2017

Nikhil Seenivas , Jul 2, 2017 :
    1498969678901.jpg
    Is this normal? I just upgraded from a shitty phone and don't know if it's draining the battery...

14. thomaserrol
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2017

thomaserrol , Jul 2, 2017 :
    [​IMG] I am getting the drain as well. It is pretty bad. It's not any of the apps. I barely used it today to see what is doing the draining. It's been sitting with the serene off most of the time. It says the the "Android System" has consumed 48% of the batter from the full charge. I was on a couple of apps for less then 5 minutes at a time. They are showing 2% and 1% battery drain! What gives OnePlus!?!

Another issue is HEAT! Using any app, or being on the phone for 1 minute, you start to feel the phone get warm. If you are on an app for say 3mins (even just texting back and forth) the phone gets very hot! And the claim that you can charge the phone and be on it without it heating up... No way! This phone gets hot not plugged in. If you plug it in to charge (with nothing running) it gets soooo HOT! My Nexus 5 never had any of these problems! I'm needing to call OP support to see if I gust got a defective unit. Anyone else showing huge energy consumption from the system it's self (and not the apps)? And anyone else having this massive heat issue?

Attached Files:

DeepitAbhishek likes this.
  15. TugaPower
    Jelly Bean Jul 3, 2017

TugaPower , Jul 3, 2017 :
    Facing the same issue, battery it's draning so fast.
    Barely did not used the phone this morning and more then 30% already gone. Phone also heats a little time to time.

Attached Files:

16. DeepitAbhishek
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2017

DeepitAbhishek , Jul 3, 2017 :
    Me too. same issue

17. F_Raja_Rao_jAvu
    Eclair Jul 3, 2017

18. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 3, 2017

Dunnow , Jul 3, 2017 :
    doze it's on by default. Actually, the basic configuration for android itself should be fine and not cause any drains.

19. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 3, 2017

Dunnow , Jul 3, 2017 :
    didnt they also want to enable and disable the fingerprint at will because someone at night might get their device and unlock it while they are sleeping?

That privacy is important, but recording a call without the other end knowing it is not...
    x'DD

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  20. G_Anand_M_lKCy
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2017