Oneplus 5 camera blurry photos

1. Hige
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2017

Hige , Jun 29, 2017 :
    Hey, thanks for pinging @dsmonteiro!
    Yap, that postal/letter card is in every retail box. OP forgot to add my instagram in the credits.. :p

The photo in the card is this one, taken with the OP2 almost 2 years ago ;) -> https://www.instagram.com/p/8QY5sys3yC/?taken-by=gteixeiranet

Feel free to check my other photos (all taken with OP devices): https://www.instagram.com/gteixeiranet/

Cheers :kissingheart:

dsmonteiro likes this.
  2. G_LALIT_POKHARIA_jdYY
    Eclair Jun 29, 2017

G_LALIT_POKHARIA_jdYY , Jun 29, 2017 :
    regret buying one plus 5 ....,
    the camera was the main reason I bought this and after looking at the pics from this phone I just can't believe that a smartphone priced above 30k can't even shoot some descent pics even in good light.
    should have waited for sometime and gone for another phone

kemor and sterchalkias like this.
  3. D_Daniel_Mitchell
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

D_Daniel_Mitchell , Jun 29, 2017 :
    welcome to the oneplus 5 had mine a day testing the camera it was rubbish even in optimal conditions the pictures were horrid no ois makes a huge difference the 3t is better than the 5 so sent back and refunded monday very disappointing if your within 15 days send back quickly

4. G_Micha_K_kEle
    Eclair Jun 29, 2017

5. cwdelloneplus
    Froyo Jun 29, 2017

cwdelloneplus , Jun 29, 2017 :
    I don't know the details of settings of those not getting sharp pictures, so without specifics it's nearly impossible to say it's the camera or user.

Low light photos with a slow shutter speed will ALWAYS be difficult because it requires a steady hand, tri/monpod, or some other form of stabilization (OIS, EIS, beanbag, etc). Many are saying no OIS is the main reason; I disagree because this is a matter of know how. OIS is still a relatively new addition to everyday photography (less than 10 years, though pro lenses have had it longer). If you're getting blurry photos outdoors on a sunny day at noon then I would still look at the settings. Perhaps something was inadvertently changed.

If you know how to use the settings on a camera under specific lighting conditions you can get a great photo under those conditions. Again, I don't know the settings these unhappy users are having to confirm one way or the other.

If you're using auto mode without proper light the shutter will be slowed to bring in as much light as needed. This results in blurry images because a slight movement can cause blur....especially when zoomed in.

6. Deactivated User
    Jun 29, 2017

kemor likes this.
  7. Mistercactusss
    Froyo Jun 29, 2017

kemor likes this.
  8. zabihjan
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2017

zabihjan , Jun 29, 2017 :
    Guys just return your phones and buy full of bloat Samsung. I am sick and tired of people complaining about something that cannot be undone

cwdelloneplus likes this.
  9. PiperMp3
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

PiperMp3 , Jun 29, 2017 :
    I've had 2 updates since arrival, both affecting camera. I saw no issues before, or after the updates. I'd still give my Op5 10/10 overall score. super happy with mine, camera and otherwise :)

10. PiperMp3
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

you're probably in the depth focus mode. the blue is on purpose, swipe to the left and you're back to normal (what it sounds like based on your description)

11. PiperMp3
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

fudge. blur**

12. jesterprax
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

PiperMp3 likes this.
  13. sterchalkias
    Donut Jul 3, 2017

sterchalkias , Jul 3, 2017 :
    Sorry OnePlus, but you must look to your mirror & face the complete disaster from YOUR CHOICES !!!
    The phone is DOA will not be a success...
    It means "dead on arrival" and a failure @@@
    Full to Xiaomi Mi6.

kemor and Sunilh121 like this.
  14. Sunilh121
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2017

Sunilh121 , Jul 3, 2017 :
    I just saw the video by phone arena comparing oneplus 5 with iPhone 7 camera recording and I must say iPhone 7 a beast. the camera was over hyped which I was disappointed about. if they can fix the earthquake and blurryness then I will be happy

15. jkspeaks
    Froyo Jul 3, 2017

jkspeaks , Jul 3, 2017 :
    Looks like the blur is because of bokeh effect. It keeps the main subject in focus and blurs the background. It's meant to be this way. If you don't want the blur, change the settings to normal mode.

16. Maxximuscool
    Jelly Bean Jul 3, 2017

Maxximuscool , Jul 3, 2017 :
    I think EIS only applied to Video mode. I could be wrong, I hope EIS is working with picture mode too.

17. Tucaliuc_Mihai
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2017

Tucaliuc_Mihai , Jul 8, 2017 :
    I really hope that EIS will be improved with next updates...blurry images are a real problem...

18. Rluttmer
    Eclair Jul 31, 2017

Rluttmer , Jul 31, 2017 :
    I am also having the blurry effect since the very first picture I took. It's absolutely 100% a post-processing issue since the RAW pictures look great and the exact same JPEG (which is processed from that RAW) is blurry!

I made a ticket to OP and am waiting for the solution.

19. mindlesspuppet
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2017

mindlesspuppet , Jul 31, 2017 :
    Camera has to be perfectly still, with optimal lighting to produce pictures that look halfway decent. Wish I would have returned it within my first 15 days.

20. trandaa
    Froyo Jul 31, 2017

trandaa , Jul 31, 2017 :
    I don't understand why some people says the fault is missing OIS. I am owner of Z3C compact. It doesn't have OIS. It's photos are still quite better than the OP5. So you can get nice shots with EIS... But your software has to be good (and we all know that Sony's image processing wasn't that good, so that means the current OP5 is extremely bad... It just needs a fix. A huge fix)