Oneplus 5 camera blurry photos

1. kemor
    Eclair Aug 1, 2017

kemor , Aug 1, 2017 :
    Where are Clearer photos..... I m shot over 500 photos with my OP 5 and resultat Is very bad. LG G4 shot better pictures, Meizu MX4 shot better pictures and this are old mobile phones......OP 5 have not Flagship camera..this Is only stupid advertisement.
    Clearer photos...no..no...Clearer shit....

jferraz likes this.
  2. SqueakyHamburger
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2017

SqueakyHamburger , Aug 1, 2017 :
    Something I've noticed is my photos are a lot better if I make sure I'm using pro mode or regular mode (and not portrait), and it is set to x1 zoom.
    For some reason x2 produced worse results.

What would be great would be control of the noise reduction. This gives everything a mottled look anyway, and with motion blur on top this makes things look pretty bad.

kemor likes this.
  3. thomasgatt
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2017

thomasgatt , Aug 17, 2017 :
    I'm having the same exact problem, all my photos are lacking detail. You'll notice this when you slightly zoom in the picture. Very disappointed!

4. DanDangerMartinez
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2017

DanDangerMartinez , Aug 28, 2017 :
    There is an abundance of grain/noise in the photos taken with this camera which washes out all details. Instead of photos they look like Van Gogh paintings! I am furious for having paid $700 (Canadian) for a phone that was touted as having a magnificent camera but is actually a lame duck! Fix this, please.

5. 1plus_batman
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2017

1plus_batman , Aug 28, 2017 :
    smh I dont know what peoples problems are with this phones camera I took over 200 pictures and no problems what so ever.

6. malidan
    Nougat Aug 28, 2017

malidan , Aug 28, 2017 :
    Maybe because your use to blur and noise;)
    The issues with the camera are known across the internet from day one, poor low lght and image blur so without the addition of OIS nothing will change.

Some people have higher standards than others.

7. DanDangerMartinez
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2017

DanDangerMartinez , Aug 29, 2017 :
    There was actually an OS update today (4.5.10) that claims to address the amount of noise in the photos. I'll do some further testing, but the initial test is not much better. See below (original image and zoomed in image).

The full photo looks OK at first glance, but it's when I zoom in that the problem presents itself. It's not that the image is "blurry", it instead looks like a painting. Should this really be acceptable? I know I'm zooming in kinda tight in my example, but it happens on all images. The trees and the train just happen to illustrate my point nicely.
    sample_02.jpg sample_full.jpg

Máté Ócsai and thahusyn like this.
  8. Inder shekhar koli
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2017

9. nemesjanos
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

nemesjanos , Oct 7, 2017 :
    Hi!

Have you any answer from OP ?

10. nemesjanos
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

nemesjanos , Oct 7, 2017 :
    In automatic pro mode i tried with raw and jpg too with the same angle, light...
    There is no blurry in raw, so it is not a hardware problem.

I hope we'll have a camera software update.
    watch.png

11. AllyAllingham
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2017

AllyAllingham , Nov 18, 2017 :
    My camera has just got appalling compared to what it used to be. Everything is blurry. :( Gutted.

12. tanny bashir
    Eclair Jun 27, 2020

tanny bashir , Jun 27, 2020 :
    My OnePlus 5 camera was working perfectly fine ,till it had a little drop inside the house on to laminate floor. But nothing was damaged so I thought, but now the camera is not focusing properly photos are blurry ,but when I hit the left side of the phone the camera focus becomes sharp ,it's deffo some hardware being lose in the camera section of the phone .can not seem to find any fix for it

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020