OnePlus 5 fingerprint issue after Android 10 update via OnePlus 5

1. belagaam
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2020

belagaam , via OnePlus 5 , Jun 29, 2020 :
    I updated my phone from Android 9 to Android 10. Everything was working fine untill the fingerprint sensor gets disabled after few unsuccessful attempts. Earlier unlocking the phone via passcode or pattern would resolve this issue but now i need to reboot my phone everytime this happens. Anyone facing the same issue or know the solution for this?

VigneshVKvicky and Dharam_Chopra like this.
  2. Dharam_Chopra
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2020

belagaam likes this.

4. Rick_Hogervorst
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2020

5. angetie
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2020

6. belagaam
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2020

belagaam , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 1, 2020 :
    I contacted OnePlus and this was their response. Hello there, thank you for reaching to us!
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, we request to try the following steps which might resolve the issue you are facing with fingerprint:
    scanner if it is not working
    1)First go to settings and finger print setup. If there are any old ones, please delete.
    2) Try to register new finger print and if you get an error message saying Hardware not ready then you may need to perform diagnostics.
    If it says that test failed. Then your hardware is damaged and needs repair.
    3) Dial *#808# and go to finger print test . And do a finger print auto test.
    4) If the test is passed, that means, hardware is working fine but the software is not able to detect it.
    5) Go to setting->>storage and click to clean cached data.
    6) Then go to setting-->>app and do a show system app. And force stop com.fingerprints.serviceext
    6) Try to shut down your phone and then long press on the power button to switch it on.
    7) As soon as you see it is boot, leave the power button and long press on volume up and down button simultaneously. This would switch the mode of your boot to safe mode.

Feel free to reach us for any assistance.

Have a Nice Day!

7. mickybhatia
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2020

mickybhatia , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Can anyone help...I didn't download the android 10 update yet due to bugs...but now i'm not able to see the android 10 update in my settings...

8. freny_m
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020 at 2:03 PM

9. pGowtham
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020 at 3:07 PM

pGowtham , Jul 4, 2020 at 3:07 PM :
    Tried all the suggestions and still facing the issue. Its a bit annoying to face issues with old regular features after an upgrade. Hope this gets resolved faster and a patch is released.