OnePlus 5 GPS issues anyone?

1. prashantsahni
    Donut Jun 26, 2017

prashantsahni , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Hey guys. Is anyone having accuracy and connectivity issues with the GPS? I had a couple of times where I just lost signal and it kept showing me like an arrow on the map with no directions or anything. I have just reset the AGPS and cleared cache. Will update the results. I'm running stock without root or anything.

aivir, Dineesh3, woina and 11 others like this.
  2. razzlefndazzle
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2017

razzlefndazzle , Jul 3, 2017 :
    I too am having GPS issue. There is a thread on XDA of people complaining for the same reason. GPS has a lot of drift and then randomly drops out it seems for a short period of time.

Pratyyush and lostLambda like this.
  3. 1ce
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

1ce , Jul 5, 2017 :
    Just wanted to report that I'm experiencing the same issue (as described in this XDA thread, like razzlefndazzle mentioned).

I now can't track my running routes in any of my running apps, because the GPS is so far off the truth! Really frustrating when it was working perfectly on my old OP1 and OP2.

ApongEly and Bart1999 like this.
  4. latel999
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2017

latel999 , Jul 9, 2017 :
    I am having GPS issues too (No GPS signal found) when using Waze. Need to completely restart my phone to have the signal back.

ApongEly likes this.
  5. damolitoy
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2017

damolitoy , Jul 9, 2017 :
    I tested the accuracy, it's very bad. I get like 25 feet in my garden, my Nexus 5X gets 10 ft with the same app.

6. mfussell
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2017

mfussell , Jul 9, 2017 :
    GPS performance is extremely poor with Google Fit. The OnePlus 3 was great, but the GPS on the 5 is bordering on useless.

7. mfussell
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

mfussell , Jul 10, 2017 :
    A little follow up: The Google Fit issue seems to be software. The distances and routes in Google location history are more or less accurate, while the distances in Google Fit for the same activities are way too low and it can't show the route. Uninstalling and reinstalling, switching permission off then back on doesn't help. Google Fit never appears in the list of apps that have requested device locations recently.

8. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 10, 2017

Crystal Z. , Jul 10, 2017 :
    Hi, all

Sorry to hear about this issue.
    For whom suffers this issue, can you help collect some logs so that we can look into it?
    1. Input the command *#800# in the dialer
    2. Tap on Get Wireless Log at the bottom of the page and tap on clean log
    3. Tap on GPS log to start the capturing process
    4. Replicate the issue, take a screenshot to record the time
    5. Return to the log interface and tap on Stop logging
    6. Zip the oem log file from file manager and share it to [email protected] with this issue link.

Please send us the log from file manager instead of pack log and sharre option from above capture process.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017

mithilmja likes this.
  9. The_Metal_Knee
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

The_Metal_Knee , Jul 10, 2017 :
    Same issue on OnePlus 3T.
    The GPS is extremely inaccurate, that is if it works at all. On Google Maps or Pokemon Go my location moves from one location to another, sometimes miles away.
    I'll create a log and send it to the bughunters email address when I can.

Bart1999 likes this.
  10. ritesh13p
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

11. mfussell
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2017

mfussell , Jul 16, 2017 :
    The latest update to Google Fit seems to have fixed the issue I was seeing. Performance is now the same as the OnePlus3.

12. tchaperot
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2017

tchaperot , Jul 16, 2017 :
    Well, don't see any improvement. Still a big red dot "about there, in that area" instead of the route. And from time to time (why?) it is working.

13. MirkoPitta
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2017

14. rschumm
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2017

rschumm , Jul 17, 2017 :
    Had my first issue yesterday on a 400 mi trip from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts through the Jersey side of the NYC area using Waze. Lost connection with GPS so no onscreen updates. Fortunately I also have an in car GPS, but traffic reporting isn't as good or as current as Waze. Restarted phone, it would work OK for a bit then lost GPS again. Had a similar problem with my previous LG G3 a year or so ago, then a software update seemed to help. The problem seemed to go away during the last 100 miles or so. Does clearing the GPS cache help?
    Bob

15. G_Wilson_A_RXeM
    Eclair Jul 17, 2017

G_Wilson_A_RXeM , Jul 17, 2017 :
    at times when indoors and looking up directions it will have issues stating GPS not available. Never had that issue with my other phones. When I am outside it works fine. Until it crashes .. which is most of the time. waze and google maps have a hard time staying on, as well as all my other apps. Getting pretty disappointed at this time with the phone. I like the build quality. Camera for my needs is nice but everything else is just embarrassing.

16. tksp33dy
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2017

tksp33dy , Jul 17, 2017 :
    I would recommend downloading this app called GPS test from the play store and clearing and updating your current AGPS settings. I would also recommend clearing the phones cache using the OP recovery. It seemed to do the trick for me.

17. AshuAjmera1
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

18. F_Dwaipayan_Barman_MjUN
    Froyo Jul 19, 2017

19. zabihjan
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2017

zabihjan , Jul 19, 2017 :
    I use it everyday on Google maps waze and HereWeGo without any issue. I have also used it on Uber and no issues

20. mehmetg
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2017

mehmetg , Jul 20, 2017 :
    I got mine yesterday and returning today. GPS functionality is unacceptable this is not a product, not yet anyways.