Battery/Charging OnePlus 5 - How to turn it on?

1. gweinfurther
    Donut Jun 24, 2017

gweinfurther , Jun 24, 2017 :
    I just received my 5 and it won't turn on. I can't even tell if it's charging. Is there a charging indicator light? I'm starting to worry that there's something wrong with it.

D. Binder likes this.
  2. Nels1
    Froyo Jun 24, 2017

Best Answer
    Nels1 , Jun 24, 2017 :
    long press the button on the right side untill it vibrates shortly. And yes there is a charge ligth above the screen. If you use Dash charge it should be blue. If the device does not turn on or show any sign on life it is maybe DEA (death on arrival). Then you should contact oneplus about it and make a support ticket.

3. MetalHead777
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2017

4. Hannes5613
    Eclair Jun 24, 2017

5. Ofzoiets
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2017

Ofzoiets , Jun 24, 2017 :
    I had a problem like this one. After I drained it to 0%, it didn't start again. Even when I put it on charge (there was no sign of charging) Go to your recovery menu (volume up and power button) and press the volume button till you see "start system" or something like that. Everything is fine now and my phone was charged 30%.

suhasbh and Mallulegend like this.
  6. Mallulegend
    Eclair Jul 12, 2017

Mallulegend , Jul 12, 2017 :
    I'm in the same boat right now, but I think it is volume down and power because that is what I did and the phone came to life. I never would have thought of this though, so thank you.

7. meshalawy
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2017

meshalawy , Sep 4, 2017 :
    Thank you very much both of you. You saved my day.

Mallulegend likes this.
  8. meshalawy
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2017

meshalawy , Sep 4, 2017 :
    Thank you very much!

9. suhasbh
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2017

suhasbh , Dec 13, 2017 :
    Thank you so much, this info really helped

10. Choakem
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2018

Choakem , Mar 11, 2018 :
    Created an account just to say thanks - I had the exact same issue - resolved by:

Ofzoiets said:
    I had a problem like this one. After I drained it to 0%, it didn't start again. Even when I put it on charge (there was no sign of charging) Go to your recovery menu (volume up and power button) and press the volume button till you see "start system" or something like that. Everything is fine now and my phone was charged 30%.