OnePlus 5 is WATER RESISTANT!!!!

1. nik.seci
    Froyo Jul 12, 2017

2. Tauseef5189
    Eclair Jul 17, 2017

Tauseef5189 , Jul 17, 2017 :
    Here's an experience with my water and oneplus X:
    I slipped and fell into a swimming pool with the OPX in my pocket. and when i got out, it would not stop vibrating with the red LED flashing.
    My accidental insurance claim was denied because of "careless use", which is not covered by the insurance (FYI) to everyone else.

My OPX was placed in rice for a month, and then it came out working 100% alright with no issues. It worked for 6 months. but slowly, the charging cable would only charge the phone at certain angles. eventually it stopped charging. When i took it to the repair center, they said the water had damaged the mother board, and if they moved any component, it would fall apart. So yeah, waterproofing is a tough term to apply

3. clayginn
    KitKat Jul 17, 2017

clayginn , Jul 17, 2017 :
    Phones are built so tight these days that they all have a little protection. I still wouldn't go swimming with it

4. shubham2712
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2017

5. Pranab13
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2017

Pranab13 , Jul 17, 2017 :
    My OP 5 got wet in pocket while i was in heavy rain.
    My earpiece wasn't working at first but then after sometime it started working. Everything else is working fine now but I'm afraid if it shows some inconsistencies after few days. Should I be worried?

6. G_Thue_Wæhrens_PFJO
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2017

7. Tabish4u
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2017

Tabish4u , Jul 17, 2017 :
    well all d videos r FAKE, maybe thr will be a sort of water ressistance BUT to gain popularity ppl tend to do all tgese videos... some points to consider...

Does this guy shown the usb connector side close up before submerging in water? NO
    coz there is a v simple trick to it, just use a simple packaging plastic roll( which is use to laminate sweets by hot air blower) and wrap it around or say small tape to cover holes(transparent one) and then u can do anything with it.

No CLOSE UP of holes=Fake video for popularity sake

now again watch the video... its a very simple trick of laminating and then putting it in water....

moderator please look into the thread..

8. Tabish4u
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2017

Tabish4u , Jul 17, 2017 :
    a simple lamination sheet with home air blower will do d trick... so its a fake video

9. Denny Ebenezer
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2017

10. F_Dhrumil_Parekh_bKar
    Donut Jul 17, 2017

11. rev4512
    Eclair Jul 26, 2017

rev4512 , Jul 26, 2017 :
    Sa
    Same here. Any answers?

12. Skilx
    Froyo Jul 26, 2017

Skilx , Jul 26, 2017 :
    A moment of silence for those who'd thought that the OnePlus 5 is actually waterproof and actually tested it by taking it to the shower.

Any smartphone WILL survive a sprinkle of water, and some even a dip - but the consequences are shown days days after