Oneplus 5 OUT OF STOCK WHY

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 13, 2017

dsmonteiro , Oct 13, 2017 :
    India is also the country where they keep selling their discontinued phones. They kept selling the OP3T there after the release of the OP5, unlike in the rest of the world.

One thing doesn't fit the rumor, though. We're still more than half a month away from November. Can't believe they would be out of stock for that long.

Deactivated User likes this.
  2. malidan
    Nougat Oct 13, 2017

malidan , Oct 13, 2017 :
    Lol you don't read too good do you, I already mentioned your wobble and focussing issues on the camera.
    That effects every OP3 and OP3T and no they are not fixed it.
    You have the same software and hardware as every owner that is still complaining and every reviewer that still demonstrates it:p

3. dsmonteiro

dsmonteiro , Oct 13, 2017 :
    To add to my previous post, some relevant data to the topic:

• First thread I found complaining about the OnePlus 5 128 GB Midnight Black going out of stock: September 11. When this first happened I thought it was due to several claims of paint chipping away and that they would replace it with the Gray version.
    • According to this thread, all OnePlus 5 versions has been out of stock in the US since October 4, which means 9 days.
    • The "Buy Now" button is now gone from the US store (but it still shows in other stores)
    So, more than a month ago, OnePlus stopped having stock for the Midnight Black back covers which were exclusively used on the 128GB version.
    Then, it replaced it with the Slate Gray. Now even that versions has gone out of stock. As all the 64GB versions have.

I first thought it was a component shortage but the discontinuation of the Midnight Black backs starts making me think otherwise.

4. daleski75
    KitKat Oct 13, 2017

daleski75 , Oct 13, 2017 :
    Everything is pointing to the release of the 5T as I cannot see any reason why OnePlus would restrict sales of the 5 without having a very good reason to do so.

And if the 5T is true I bet they are already working on releasing it with Oreo out the box.

Deactivated User likes this.
  5. stephenboyo
    KitKat Oct 13, 2017

stephenboyo , Oct 13, 2017 :
    Of course the OP3 is great for what it's worth. OP just needs to focus more on producing good quality solid phones as it seems they're just rushing out upgrades with little thought put into innovative design and quality. Somehow they've lost their USP by trying to play with the big boys. And if, as people are suggesting, all OP does is adopt an OPPO shell then that's sad.

6. daleski75
    KitKat Oct 13, 2017

daleski75 , Oct 13, 2017 :
    It's cheaper and easier for OP to pick the parts bin for BK electronics and then make small notable changes to the internals or tweak the design slightly.

The problem is that if the price keeps rising for these phones produced by OnePlus the more they need to match or even exceed the quality given by other flagship phones such as the S8, iP8, Mate 9/10 and if they do not people will rather spend a bit extra to get a phone which is better for not much more.

stephenboyo likes this.
  7. Shocky
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2017

Shocky , Oct 13, 2017 :
    They've lost a sale here, I would have ordered a phone today if I could have.

8. G_James_Taaffe_MYxD
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 13, 2017

G_James_Taaffe_MYxD , Oct 13, 2017 :
    why is it a bad thing for them to release a new phone. Samsung and Apple do it all the time. the case ism of you're happy with the phone you have and it works perfect you don't need to buy their new device. what most people want is.to get the newest phone just to look cool

9. wanderguzman
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2017

wanderguzman , Oct 13, 2017 :
    LOL they don't release a galaxy s8 and s8t a few months later. They release new phones? Yes but not at the flagship quality. I won't even bother talking about Apple at this point you should know what they do

10. Terminat0r
    Donut Oct 13, 2017

11. VanMilan
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2017

VanMilan , Oct 13, 2017 :
    If they release op 5t so soon then next year I doubt if people will buy one plus 6 they might just wait for one plus 6t and that means bye bye one plus!

12. G_James_Taaffe_MYxD

apple suck anyway

Budruel likes this.
  13. dsmonteiro

14. F_Raphael_Solomon_jWIU
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2017

F_Raphael_Solomon_jWIU , Oct 13, 2017 :
    EXACTLY!!! Thank you! Trendy consumerism is the only real reason why people are upset that a new device is coming out.

G_James_Taaffe_MYxD likes this.
  15. sechinov

16. catalinutzzz
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2017

17. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Oct 13, 2017

Topper_Gas , Oct 13, 2017 :
    But who want's any item they buy, whether it is a car, a phone or even a TV to be out of date within a few months of buying it, plus with OP there's always the fear they'll stop supplying OS & security updates once a phone line is discontinued.

18. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Oct 13, 2017

19. wanderguzman
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2017

wanderguzman , Oct 13, 2017 :
    Lol of course if you say so it must be true!!!!!

20. G_James_Taaffe_MYxD

well it's my opinion at least. but if you like apple it's all good. sell your op and stick ioshite