Oneplus 5 OUT OF STOCK WHY

1. gha2012
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2017

gha2012 , Oct 19, 2017 :
    Ditched the OP5 and got the Nokia 8 instead. Quite a difference in stability and fluidity of the OS, updates and patches, camera, screen and speaker. And we get Oreo (no beta) by the 29th of this month (October). Will never buy a OP device again from this company that acts like the customer is important and on the other hand totaly ignores them.

Eshan_Anand and mrambriz like this.
  2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 19, 2017

dsmonteiro , Oct 19, 2017 :
    I mostly agree with you, but a few remarks:
    PCB space is limited. With more and more features getting added, you have to make space. Cutting older techs is a way to accomplish that. Like FM Radio.

USB-C is a better audio solution on paper. You can power active noise cancelling headphones directly from the phone without external power, you can have the same audio experience with the same headphones on multiple devices and you're less limited than you were with 3.5mm headphones.

That being said, the tech still hasn't matured enough.

arcangel2p likes this.
  3. arcangel2p
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2017

arcangel2p , Oct 19, 2017 :
    I understand. But... first, if only one manufacturer is able to develop a modern phone, with bezel-less, infinity display and all those "modern things", then there is no excuse for not including it. Samsung for example has made it with the S8. On the other hand, HTC has decided not to include it.

Secondly, I also understand that noise cancellation earphones may work better with USB-C. I don't see a problem here. Who wants to use those kind of earphones can use the USB-C, while others can use the old and still competent 3.5mm audio port.

I'm on the second group. I never have worried on noise cancelling earphones. I have many "classic" earphones of some quality (not the best of course) SoundMagic, Sennheiser and BOSE, and I use them with a standalone HIFI portable music player. But, in many circumstances I want to listen music on my smartphone on the go, and I don't want to carry more accessories, and trust me, I carry some of them :D

4. dasoul
    Honeycomb Oct 20, 2017

dasoul , Oct 20, 2017 :
    Than DO NOT buy a phone without a headphone jack? There's plenty of phones that still have one.

You could ask this question everytime there is a new generation of technology. Why don't we still ride on horses? It was a proven and effective way of transportation?!

If you want to stick to newest tech releases, you either have to sacrifice habits, or adapt an move on. Nobody forces you to buy a new phone.

On one side people want best dust and water protection, slimmer phones and whatever... and on the other side they want old ports. Well, both doesn't fit together perfectly.

5. Ganesh_Vamsi
    Eclair Oct 20, 2017

Ganesh_Vamsi , Oct 20, 2017 :
    there is Snapdragon 836

6. arcangel2p
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2017

arcangel2p , Oct 20, 2017 :
    I must clarify some things:

1) Riding horses technology (in almost all situations) was surpased by new technologies which were better (a car, a truck ...).
    On the other hand, I don't think a bluetooth is better in almost all scenarios than a "classic" headphone. Supporting bluetooth headphones does not have to mean to remove support for older ones.

2) Anyone is forcing me to buy a new phone, but... if I want to spend my money in something, I think I have the right to demand waht I find better for me. Of course, if a manufacturer does not include the minimum things I need on a phone I will go to another. For this, I will not buy the new HTC and I still want a Oneplus. If the new Oneplus (T, 6, whatever) does not include a 3.5mm jack, then I'll go to anothed manufacturer: Nokia, Samsung, even when I really like Oneplus phones.

I'm a potential buyer, so I think I have the right to choose and demand.

7. F_Dennis_Schröder_kNSQ
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2017

8. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 20, 2017

9. tobias14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 20, 2017

10. Eshan_Anand

Deactivated User likes this.
  11. dsmonteiro

dsmonteiro , Oct 20, 2017 :
    No, they will probably replace that feature by OIS (just to piss people off even further).

KeremK likes this.
  12. Deactivated User
    Oct 20, 2017

laurboss likes this.
  13. Eshan_Anand

Eshan_Anand , Oct 20, 2017 :
    yes it's an industry leading "feature" which no other flagship in market has, way beyond Samsung/Apple :rolleyes:

KeremK and Deactivated User like this.
  14. Adyzon
    Eclair Oct 20, 2017

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018

15. dsmonteiro

dsmonteiro , Oct 20, 2017 :
    How exactly did your phone become obsolete?

laurboss likes this.
  16. KeremK
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2017

KeremK , Oct 20, 2017 :
    I just wonder why OP didn't put out any statement so far. I just don't get it. Anyways, as BBK Electronics now has bezeless screens - why shouldn't Oneplus release a device that has thinner bezels as the OP5? I think they will also raise the price even higher. I was using Oneplus devices since the Oneplus 2 was released, upgraded to the 3 and liked it. Then bought a Nexus 6P and then a OP5. Traded that for a S8 as i didn't see why i should pay 560€ for a phone that has less features than other flagships like the S8 for example while beeing priced the same. I like OygenOS but the fact that the Oneplus 5 had such potential regarding the camera - Oneplus didn't fully use that potential - our beloved devs over at XDA ported the Google Camera which improved quality by a lot. Why wasn't Oneplus able to just release good camera-software itself? I feel like they don't even care about their devices anymore. Just pack the newest hardware into a phone, sell it at a higher price with every phone released - voilla! Also Oneplus's excuse that they couldn't mount the screen the right direction is just a plain lie - how did Apple get it right while having pretty much the exact camera aswell as backcover-size?

xland likes this.
  17. Jardani
    KitKat Oct 20, 2017

Jardani , Oct 20, 2017 :
    This is become very true. The pattern is telling us to never buy OnePlus phone in June and wait for November. However, if that continues, OnePlus will start sabotaging the November device and push revised devices (T) in June to counter-effect the situation. It's unbelievable. They're digging their own grave. The best solution is to release BOTH the 5/6/7 and 5t/6t/7t at the same time at different price points and let people pick ONCE a year. No more of this "the best device eve...wait, it's November, here's the best device eveeer..."

18. catalinutzzz
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2017

catalinutzzz , Oct 20, 2017 :
    Well. It isn't quite expensive, oneplus costs 559 euros, 8 gb ram version( in my country) and the u11 costs 592..
    The box comes with earphones that connects directly into the charging port, but there is also an adapter that you can use with the 3.5 mm jack. Overall I find the phone beautiful, the camera its just awesome, great quality. The screen is also awesome. As far as I can tell the sound quality with htc earphones with noise reduction its much much more better than using some earphones(I got also a good pair of earphones) with the jack adapter. (The noise reduction feature works only with htc earphones.)
    I am very happy about this phone so far.

19. Waka_Yama

Waka_Yama , Oct 20, 2017 :
    Because last year they told us that the occurance oft a T-Model is once-only thing. And i hope carl will be able to give convincing answers if there is a T / 6 in November.

20. Waka_Yama