Oneplus 5 OUT OF STOCK WHY

1. Jardani
    KitKat Oct 9, 2017

Jardani , Oct 9, 2017 :
    When have you ever seen open communication from OnePlus? Nothing but silence.

2. Jardani
    KitKat Oct 9, 2017

Jardani , Oct 9, 2017 :
    There were 5 different variants in the store just a month ago. Then, they completely deleted 3 of them and left just the Slate 64/128. Now both of those are out of stock (happened at the exact same time). Clearly this is not an accident or random, they are obviously abandoning and ditching a failed device. It will suffer worse faith than OnePlus 2. I don't expect any communication at all, that is what they're known for (OP2 N update, Dash car charger fiasco, etc.).

redvw likes this.
  3. stephenboyo
    KitKat Oct 9, 2017

stephenboyo , Oct 9, 2017 :
    C'est possible...it is highly possible. Never buy an OP phone in June! Or just simply stop buying every OP phone that comes out.

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  4. prajnay0
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 9, 2017

prajnay0 , Oct 9, 2017 :
    ik for sure that they will try to prevent what Happened to one plus 2 at any cost.because if it happens like the one plus 2 then company's reputation will take a massive hit

redvw likes this.
  5. prajnay0

prajnay0 , Oct 9, 2017 :
    I am certain that there is not going to be a one plus 5T as there is no Snapdragon 836. I am pretty sure one plus 6 will be launch in q1 or q2 of 2018

6. daleski75
    KitKat Oct 9, 2017

daleski75 , Oct 9, 2017 :
    I personally think the 5T (if it is indeed real) will be based on the 835 but with the 18:9 aspect ratio and possibly better cameras, the 6 will come out next summer with the 845 but with the same screen and even better camera's still.

OnePlus don't need to wait for the 836/845 in order to release a new phone if they think enough people will buy it for the design/screen/camera alone.

Deactivated User likes this.
  7. Jardani
    KitKat Oct 9, 2017

Jardani , Oct 9, 2017 :
    They don't care. When I say "they", I mean Oppo and ultimately BKK Electronics. Pete Lau and Carl Pei have as much say as you and me, they're just a face for the real management.

8. prajnay0

prajnay0 , Oct 9, 2017 :
    true

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  9. Jardani
    KitKat Oct 9, 2017

Jardani , Oct 9, 2017 :
    I think asking Samsung to take him in as an intern and them not even responding, let alone accepting him is what made him look stupid. The flagship killer slogan was only true for the One.

Deactivated User and sfomin like this.
  10. sfomin
    Nougat Oct 9, 2017

sfomin , Oct 9, 2017 :
    not that oneplus cared for its reputation that much in the past... as long as they can hype and sell phones to new customers, they wont care what happens to the old customers.

11. prajnay0

prajnay0 , Oct 9, 2017 :
    one plus one was actually a beast and in my opinion the best phone made by one plus.
    The manual photography was also insane with shutter speed as slow as 64 seconds .
    And the dev community of one plus one is still very active and there is plenty of Android 7 room available right now. and a Oreo room also which is stable.

12. Jardani
    KitKat Oct 9, 2017

Jardani , Oct 9, 2017 :
    OnePlus has yet to support any device past 1 year. The only phone that made it past one year is OnePlus 3. Same cannot be said for 3T which was released in November 2016 and the last OS update will be O which was released in September 2017 so not even one year. OnePlus 3 made it just over one year (barely). The One OS was 100% in the hands of CyanogenMod so OnePlus has no credit there (2 full years) and we all know how OnePlus 2 and X met their fate. I don't understand how and why are people still shocked and surprised at OnePlus business practices when they've never done anything different from this. They are constantly releasing phones and dumping them not even a year later.

Deactivated User and sfomin like this.
  13. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Oct 9, 2017

Topper_Gas , Oct 9, 2017 :
    Given there was no real need to release the 3T when the 3 was still selling well, then you can imagine after the Jello etc issues with the 5 that OP are desperate to release a new phone soon.

What's a worry is OS updates seem limited so far for the 5 compared to the 3/3T, so are OP really going to introduce a beta channel for it now when it's about to be superseded, if they do are 5 owners just going to become beta testers for 5T?

As a 3 owner I would be interested in buying a bezel less 5 but would want assurances that OS updates aren't going to stop after P.

14. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2017

marcusskyfall , Oct 9, 2017 :
    You guys are making me laugh out loud with your fears. The current phone has either 6 or 8 gigs of ram both of which will be more than you'll ever possibly need. Unless you are watching Netflix in your home cinema room qhd screens are a gimmick no phone needs them it's not going to make your emails or texts arrive any quicker :) ultimately the last time I looked a phone was for making and receiving phone calls. The world has gone mad with constant consumerism, you're all getting dragged into their little game of turning the human race into livestock that can be milked 24 hours a day whenever they decide to separate you from your hard earned cash! It's a phone people, just a telecommunications device, it's not going to give you immortality, it won't fill your belly, it won't quench your thirst when you get lost in the jungle, it won't give you a cuddle when you are lonely, it won't make you a brew. It's not going to be walking hand in hand with you when times are tough. It's only a phone... Lord have mercy people get a grip of yourselves. :)

15. Sai teja1997
    Froyo Oct 9, 2017

16. headley84
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2017

headley84 , Oct 9, 2017 :
    Support is not limited to OS updates; security updates and software updates also fall into the support cycle. Have they announced the OP3 & OP3T will no longer receive security and software updates? (Honest question since I don’t follow that device that closely)

17. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2017

marcusskyfall , Oct 9, 2017 :
    Get a hold of yourself man!

18. eleung321
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2017

Sambuccashake likes this.
  19. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Oct 9, 2017

Topper_Gas , Oct 9, 2017 :
    Oreo is the last OS update for the 3/3T, security updates will probably slow to a trickle if the OP2 support is anything to go by.

Itsme11 and Deactivated User like this.
  20. gha2012
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2017

gha2012 , Oct 9, 2017 :
    Oreo will also be the last major update for the OP5, mark my words. It`s not what i wish for but that`s how OnePlus operates. Its all about sales.