Oneplus 5 OUT OF STOCK WHY

1. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2017

waldwolf , Oct 10, 2017 :
    Just did a quick check of OP's 5's online global availability:

INDIA: All versions currently in-stock.
    EU: (8 country's checked), Only Gold version available. Other versions: Sold Out
    NORTH AMERICA: (US, Canada) All versions Sold Out
    CHINA: All versions Sold Out
    AUSTRALIA: Only Gold version available. Other versions Sold Out

Kind of confirms those rumors we're likely to see a new OnePlus model, sooner than later. :D

Deactivated User likes this.
  2. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Oct 10, 2017

runboy93 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    OP6.

3. Yannis Neris

4. Moin2200
    KitKat Oct 10, 2017

Moin2200 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    It looks even more likely now, Carl asked if people still wanted headphone jack probably for oneplus 5T and 6.
    And support isn’t denying it, they just say they don’t have anything to say and people should stay tuned.

Deactivated User and waldwolf like this.
  5. waldwolf

waldwolf , Oct 10, 2017 :
    That's almost confirms it. :p

6. Deactivated User
    Oct 10, 2017

waldwolf and dsmonteiro like this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Oct 10, 2017

8. SJBoss
    Lollipop Oct 10, 2017

SJBoss , Oct 10, 2017 :
    I bet you can skip that too, if you want to upgrade every 6 months without breaking your bank stay with Chinese OEMs ;)

9. Budruel
    KitKat Oct 10, 2017

Budruel , Oct 10, 2017 :
    And what does it matter guys? In only 4 months already feel that your money has fulfilled its function? In truth they are willing to sell the op5 and lose at least $ 50, and say at least, to have the latter? For an infinite screen all he does is to be more prone to breakage, problems with apps not optimized for screen size, problems in games when touching with the palm of the hand because there is little gripping surface and bugs simply for being a new model? My op5 works really well, not one of the problems reported, I've been lucky. It seems as if oneplus did not need hype, the users themselves already do. Enjoy your op5, the next you do not have good sales, that's if I'm convinced. People still have op3 / T and op5. Most will not change mobile yet. The op5T / 6 will be the next op2. Be careful.

marcusskyfall likes this.
  10. vipul619
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2017

vipul619 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    They better have a good upgrade offer for OP5 users.
    I know a new device doesn't mean the old one will lose support.
    But losing the 'Latest' or the 'Flagship' title so early, is just pure crap!

Gengzu likes this.
  11. Stevio85
    Gingerbread Oct 10, 2017

Stevio85 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    True. And probably an infinitive screens means that the fingerprint sensor moves to the back of the device.
    I would not want to lift my device from the table to unlock via fingerprint.

Just wait and see, guys. Don't let it affect your mood. The OP5 is still a good device. There always will be newer phones.

12. Budruel
    KitKat Oct 10, 2017

Budruel , Oct 10, 2017 :
    Totally agree with the sensor. It sucks. The same if you carry it in the car, a problem to unlock. Okay, you can unlock it with intelligent unlocker, but I do not want to.

13. eirij
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2017

eirij , Oct 10, 2017 :
    With this trend, people won't buy their first phone which comes out next year and will wait for next one in November every year. This seems like a bad strategy.

BTW my 3T is still awesome.

vishvanjay, marcusskyfall and asb0410 like this.
  14. daleski75
    KitKat Oct 10, 2017

daleski75 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    It's also a very good way of ramping up the price of their phones way quicker and the million dollar question is will the camera's still suck? lol

15. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Oct 10, 2017

Android-Andi , Oct 10, 2017 :
    they maybe need to sell the jcc limited edition? it's available here in German store as 128/8 and also the soft gold as 64GB variant

16. Deepak
    Jelly Bean Oct 10, 2017

Deepak , Oct 10, 2017 :
    I am still very happy with OnePlus 1 which I purchased immediately after launch (probably 2nd / 3rd person from India to do so ;) ) was just in market for a new phone, wondering between op5 / LG G6. Now may be OP5t/6 or Mi Mix2

17. kk47042
    Froyo Oct 10, 2017

kk47042 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    It seems that Soft Gold version is also out of stock now in most of EU. Germany and UK still have it in stock, but most of others don't.

18. sonicreducer

sonicreducer , Oct 10, 2017 :
    woooww.. the drama ..
    I went from opo1 to opo5 and love it.
    probably my next phone will be an opo 8 or 9 .
    just enjoy the phone , faster , better camera then opo , fingerprint sensor always wanted one of these...
    enjoy the op5 and let one plus do their thing ;) if it gets outdated ..I bet lineage will be able to provide the most updated flavor of android ...
    stop the drama

19. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Oct 10, 2017

Android-Andi , Oct 10, 2017 :
    checked if LCC special edition is available? guess midnight black will be back once the special edition is sold out

20. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 10, 2017

dsmonteiro , Oct 10, 2017 :
    JCC is only available in the EU so it doesn't justify the world-wide shortages.

Midnight Black seems slightly to have been discontinued, my guess is that it was due to paint chipping.

Budruel and Deactivated User like this.