OnePlus 5 owner reaction on OnePlus 5T

?

Do you feel cheated and lied to by Onplus ?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. No

74 vote(s)
    69.8%
  1. NSR98 Donut Nov 7, 2017

NSR98, Nov 7, 2017 :
    The OnePlus 5T has already been officially announced. Just a few months ago his predecessor came out and at that time a large majority of the fans of the brand we got with the terminal. It is disappointing to see how a brand that was doing things so well falls into excessive greed and only seeks more and more money without caring about its "old" users.

But congratulations, with this example of mismanagement of your market you will get that in a short period of time nobody bought the first model of a generation since immediately afterwards they will launch a new one.

Things do not work like that OnePlus. Very bad.

2. pojr Jelly Bean Nov 8, 2017

3. G_Ravi_Kumar_Adapa_ELEm Donut Nov 8, 2017

G_Ravi_Kumar_Adapa_ELEm, Nov 8, 2017 :
    I'm one among 50 tech savvy friends - who always debate about best things evolving, "you lost the race guys", shame on you #OnePlus, no ethics, greedy souls

4. Punk_69 Lollipop Nov 8, 2017

Punk_69, Nov 8, 2017 :
    He needs this
    5U5YlwT.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017

5. Punk_69 Lollipop Nov 8, 2017

Punk_69, Nov 8, 2017 :

As for you two little craps.....

You don't have any right to say anything about OnePlus's decision to launch new phones

The only right you have is to buy the new devices, or keep using your old devices....

If you're soo "tech savvy" , sell your op5 and wait for 5t

200w.gif

6. remedy KitKat Nov 8, 2017

remedy, Nov 8, 2017 :
    Be open to change.

I just heard the OP5T will be the same price as the OP5.

7. [GG] Jelly Bean Nov 8, 2017

[GG], Nov 8, 2017 :
    There are worst things in life than this....get over it!

8. ZacharyX8 Gingerbread Nov 8, 2017

ZacharyX8, Nov 8, 2017 :

Darn right. I actually like OnePlus's decision to do this. This allows them to see how the first device fares, improve, and release a slightly upgraded version. In fact if I'm not mistaken the only difference in the 5 and 5T is the display. Which means it's simply a new version of the device.

9. G_adarshnholla_adi_MdGw Froyo Nov 8, 2017

G_adarshnholla_adi_MdGw, Nov 8, 2017 :
    why can't OnePlus give nice exchange offer for their old users especially for op5..

10. Rusty NZ KitKat Nov 8, 2017

11. Rusty NZ KitKat Nov 8, 2017

Rusty NZ, Nov 8, 2017 :
    And I bet you would complain if OnePlus didn't improve their phones.
    There is no pleasing you.

12. Teejay1 Eclair Nov 8, 2017

Teejay1, Nov 8, 2017 :
    This will be the last oneplus tech device I buy. One customer lost how many more. Shame indeed.

13. Punk_69 Lollipop Nov 8, 2017

Punk_69, Nov 8, 2017 :
    Why should they ?

Amazon gives some sort of exchange offers, so wait for that

14. Rusty NZ KitKat Nov 8, 2017

Rusty NZ, Nov 8, 2017 :
    Because they are running a business.

15. Rusty NZ KitKat Nov 8, 2017

Rusty NZ, Nov 8, 2017 :
    If you was tech savvy you would have known that it was likely there would be a OnePlus 5T

16. adeivirus Froyo Nov 8, 2017

17. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Nov 8, 2017

Maximus Decimus Meridius, Nov 8, 2017 :
    Being greedy, arrogant or cocky is many times placed as ambitious, too honest or shouty. Its a thin line for a lot of people, and everybody places their own references as the standard.
    No shame in ambitious, and if you think its greedy, it is your right to stop your own ties with Oneplus.
    I agree it is quite soon to come with a next model, but if you understand the recent progress in (smartphone) technology, Oneplus cant left behind keeping their older model in stock, while every other big(ger) company takes their piece of the pie with this quite new technology of smallerbezels/biggerscreens. They just look sexy.

In my opinion, as for OP's timing they were just unfortunate... these type of (am)oled screens are just better available at THIS time then at OP5s era. Thats just how technology works. It can be fast but it can be slow sometimes.

So the next step is to look at finance in terms of costs and placements of price. Oneplus has mostly been known for putting the most current technology in their devices available, that is affordable but also usable (in their eyes of course, and this concept is very debatable!). At least the CEO announced this new model will be under 600, and if its around the price of a Mi Max 2, and/or around 500-550. Its not a bad consideration to keep it this way. Okay, OP5 loses its value a bit. But you, as a consumer, knew this when the S8 came out, along with their buddies with same tech.
    In my opinion smartphone tech was slow on progress the last few years (hardware wise). Honestly, what are the major things 3-4 generations backwards? Fingerprint sensor and a bigger screen. If you keep that out we are just at the era right before the OP2. Most things were just an upgrade really, but no real features. Ex: better camera, faster cpu, brighter screen, faster charging, etc. Which are fine, but thats only the baseline of progress. In fact, some companies are even thinking about leaving components out just to slim things down (eg headphone jack, or removable covers or bigger batteries).

Other thing is, just don't be triggered as much, there's no need to, these are just phones, and if you put that much value to it (which i do too), pay up every half year again to keep your own device in your pocket as the most current one. And if you can pay that few bucks extra; who cares anyway, its just a bit of money. (In other words, if you cant pay those extra bucks you should be happy with the super-old fashioned OP5)

The OP5 is still a great phone, but who knows what smartphone tech will come up with about a half a year. Which will make the current "flagship phones" phones obsolete (in your eyes) , eg: LG G6, essential phone, xiaomi, samsung, apple, oneplus, huawei

"This is just how progression works"
    My 2cents

18. haseoxth Honeycomb Nov 8, 2017

19. v0 HaVoK 0v Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2017

20. florincostescu Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2017

florincostescu, Nov 8, 2017 :
    Go for the Razer phone launched almost in the same time with 5t, not much of price difference.

Razer is a real never settle, incredible specs.

5t is a "nobody really needs that" iteration.

kendzi13 likes this.