OnePlus 5 owner reaction on OnePlus 5T

?

Do you feel cheated and lied to by Onplus ?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. No

74 vote(s)
    69.8%
  1. gabiteris Eclair Dec 12, 2017

gabiteris, Dec 12, 2017 :
    I got the OnePlus 5 a few months ago, because I trusted the company and I saw their commitment during the years to deliver with attention to users. a few months later (3!) it launches yet another phone, with better specs, making me wonder why they didn't wait to launch it for all people, and have a single 5 version phone to deliver software updates faster to. But no, why do that? I can live with a september security patch in december.
    Now, I hear of a OnePlus 6 launching at the start of 2018. Really, OnePlus?! Are you really mocking us? I was paying for a flagship device just 4-5 months ago, and now you launch with 10 gb of ram? Why, cause I really do not get past 4 gb from my 8 gb of ram.
    If they continue this way, they will surely loose the users confidence and respect, which they built at the beginning. I will not buy a phone every 3 months just to have a flagship, when other companies are thinking on long term. To mention I still have a working Samsung S5 from 6 years ago, "limited" to Android 6.0 but can run LineageOS with Oreo, which I don't have yet, cause OnePlus focuses on new and new devices.

DJ Valente likes this.
  2. sfomin Marshmallow Dec 12, 2017

Baymax and Punk_69 like this.
  3. cssrc1974 Jelly Bean Dec 12, 2017

Baymax and gabiteris like this.
  4. Punk_69 KitKat Dec 12, 2017

sfomin likes this.
  5. sfomin Marshmallow Dec 12, 2017

sfomin, Dec 12, 2017 :
    Anus probably... [​IMG]

Areebanwar likes this.
  6. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 12, 2017

pablofg1978, Dec 12, 2017 :
    Thread merged

7. DJ Valente Honeycomb Dec 12, 2017

DJ Valente, Dec 12, 2017 :
    I already realized that one plus company only earns money on its fans, instead of having to finalize the software of the One Plus 5 camera, they are releasing 5T, now you can throw out your one plus 5 and buy one plus 5T, and in a couple of months One Plus 6 , although the company's slogan was "clearer foto" the Chinese know how to only deceive their fans, it's better to add a little and buy Google Pixel 2, you will have support for many years and unlimited space on the Internet for your files as well as the best camera in the world and portrait mode on the front camera, it's better to be much even than on the iPhone X

Baymax and gabiteris like this.
  8. i4elsin Donut Dec 13, 2017

9. H1513274164749 Cupcake Dec 14, 2017

H1513274164749, Dec 14, 2017 :
    Why OP 5T in OP5 price.

I purchased OP5 before 6weeks back and OP5T released after 3-4weeks from my purchase date, its very bad to me. U should replace all the op5 to 5T phones those who buy within 3months.

10. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 14, 2017

pablofg1978, Dec 14, 2017 :
    Thread merged

11. marcusskyfall Jelly Bean Dec 14, 2017

marcusskyfall, Dec 14, 2017 :
    Why would they do this? Doesn't make good business sense. Surely you know that oneplus produces phones so what's wrong with them producing a new phone? Has your existing device stopped working all of a sudden?

H1513274164749 likes this.
  12. Quod96 Donut Dec 14, 2017

Quod96, Dec 14, 2017 :
    However, Oneplus 5t is just a Oneplus 5 with bigger screen and finger print on the back...
    In my opinion, 5t is really great to watch, beautiful. But I absolutely do not regret buying my Oneplus 5. I also find the finger print on the back very uncomfortable.
    Remember it is not a race about who has the longest .....

Cheers

13. Zippy7 Gingerbread Dec 17, 2017

Zippy7, Dec 17, 2017 :
    Not particularly thrilled about the OP5T being released so soon after OP went and soft launched the OP5 in my country (Australia).
    The cynic in me says they cleared out excess stock/oversupply of OP5 to make room for OP5T - they definitely had all OP5T plans sorted before they even soft launched here, they can't just slap together a phone in the month or two after soft launching here.
    Not the happiest camper, but at least my phone works well and I have local warranty.
    I don't think I'd buy from them if they did not provide local support.

Chris.C likes this.
  14. gaster KitKat Moderator Mar 12, 2018

gaster, Mar 12, 2018 :
    No I am not feeling cheated. A company that wants to have the ability to release more than one device per year, is doing this because probably they want their brand grown more and feel that they are inside the current market technology line. Carl said this as well in the presentation of 5T. That they are gonna release a new device if they have a new technology that matters. I just saying with little words the meaning of what he meant. At least that's what I understood.

However the 5T's price was the same with the 5 so it wasn't a big deal of cheating etc. From the other side if you believe that you are happy with your current device like for example a OnePlus 5 and you don't need a newer one, then keep it as long as you can. If you just want to buy the next one because it just released, it probably means that you just want to have in your hands the last tech part. So it goes a mind game if you want my honest opinion.

Personally I like to get the last tech part in my hand and I like when a new devices are coming from OnePlus. I would be also happy if they could release more than 2. Like a mid-end such was the OnePlus X. So personally what I am doing is, to wait and see the new OnePlus device that is coming after I read or heard from the news and if I do like the new device like the T series, I am selling my current OnePlus device and with some economy that I am doing, I add the rest of the money and buying the new OnePlus device.

So my opinion is that we can't just judge and say that OnePlus cheated us. They have all the rights to release any new devices they like and feel more valuable as a company in the market.

jaivaghela likes this.
  15. jaivaghela Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 12, 2018

jaivaghela, Mar 12, 2018 :
    I agree, I don't mind that 6 month cycle, plenty of buyers for these OnePlus phones where I come from, just sell it at almost what I got it for and to up a little difference for the new one.

gaster likes this.