Display OnePlus 5 screen lag while scrolling

1. m4rcel
    Eclair Jun 26, 2017

m4rcel , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Hi,

I bought two OnePlus 5 64GB and today they came to me. Both had the same problem. When i scrolling anything item on it stretches and shrinks. It feels like screen lags.

I record a video where you can see it. On the left is new OnePlus 5 (After update)

What do you think?

Kuosma, Spieleckecker, vnc95 and 2 others like this.
  2. johannes19
    Froyo Jun 26, 2017

johannes19 , Jun 26, 2017 :
    I think it's because of the low input lag.. the OnePlus 3 (right) has a higher input lag so its easier for the display, the oneplus 5 has so a low input lag, that the screen can't "catch up".

3. johannes19
    Froyo Jun 26, 2017

johannes19 , Jun 26, 2017 :
    for me its realy nice, but a option like "use higher input lag for no screen lag" would be nice for people who hates it

4. textviewOne
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

5. Kuosma
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2017

Kuosma , Aug 5, 2017 :
    I heard that the problem is that they used same parts from 3T and 3. That somehow ended up showing everything in screen like "mirror". And they have to transmit the data again so they get it as you see and that will couse the lag. Sorry for my tired english. I hope they will find to fix this...

6. chlorobill
    Froyo Aug 5, 2017

chlorobill , Aug 5, 2017 :
    It's because the screen is placed upside down, and consequently the display is rotated 180 degrees via kernel. In my opinion doesn't count as a defect. People would totally defend it if apple or samsung did this. Anyhow, that being said, the whole issue is explained here if you need more info. https://www.xda-developers.com/conf...ay-upside-down-likely-reason-jelly-scrolling/

EDIT: so practically, the effect is your eyes adjusting to pixels refreshing from bottom to top, (rather than top to bottom, to which you are accustomed to from any other smartphone so far.) If op5 was your first phone ever, you wouldn't even notice it, and every other phone's refresh direction would look a bit weird to you.