Camera oneplus 5 vs 3t camera?

1. fondoo
    Froyo Jun 29, 2017

fondoo , Jun 29, 2017 :
    i currently have the 3t and the camera is pretty bad with taking pictures of a kid who likes to move alot.
    all the pictures always come out blurry on the face area. anyone who owns a oneplus 5 and know if they finally fixed the camera problem and has a kid? im interested in hearing from you.

Thanks,

abhinavrowdy likes this.
  2. D_Daniel_Mitchell
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

D_Daniel_Mitchell , Jun 29, 2017 :
    no the camera on the oneplus 5 is shocking i wouldn't risk it i sent my oneplus 5 back becasue of the camera and found my oneplus 3t is better with optical image stabilisation if your not happy with the pictures on the 3t you deffo wont be happy with the 5 look through the community alot of people saying the same thing that i found ois is important and a huge thing to leave out of the oneplus 5

G_craig_shaw_VCAa and Nakele like this.
  3. Coolfire
    Donut Jun 29, 2017

4. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jun 29, 2017

hotsauce , Jun 29, 2017 :
    To freeze movement you need a fast shutter speed. That means if you're in low light situation, you'd need to increase your iso. Your picture will be noisy, but at least it'll be sharp. Look for anything 1/250sec or higher.

5. Yash Bhardwaj
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2017

Yash Bhardwaj , Jun 29, 2017 :
    Dude you need a DSLR.Sensor size on smartphones aren't that big that it would be able to capture a fast moving subject in indoor conditions.

G_Steve_Woods_iqSj likes this.
  6. mattam24
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2017

mattam24 , Jun 29, 2017 :
    I strongly disagree. The camera of the OnePlus 5 is superior. You have to only know how to use it. Firstly it has a bigger aperture (f1/1.7 on OP5 vs f/2.0 on OP 3T) so you can shoot sharper photos when there is less light compared to the 3T. Secondly you can use the optical 2x zoom and this is better in picture quality than electronic zoom. Thirdly you can apply the HQ mode which improves pic quality in low light conditions enormously or if you are still not satisfied you can use the manual Pro mode where there is no post processing of the image at all and the sharpness of the image is unparalleled. And lastly the audio quality in video recording is much much better than it was on the 3T where the noise cancellation was way too aggressive. I don't know where those accusations of bad OnePlus 5 camera are coming from, really. The only thing is that you need a steady hand to shoot a good picture because there is no OIS. But for this reason there is the bigger aperture so it levels out the missing OIS. You have to compare it yourself and make your own judgement. But even after watching some youtube videos comparing the two cameras of OP5 vs OP3T you should come to a solid conclusion.

luc2802, Blutnovsky and lostLambda like this.
  7. mattam24
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2017

Yes exactly and then use the HQ mode to remove the noise!

8. Yash Bhardwaj
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2017

At the moment.....no its not.The phone is new just doesnt means that its better.

Nakele likes this.
  9. Yash Bhardwaj
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2017

Nope.You can't use the hq mode combined with the manual mode.You would have to use a secondary software like adobe lightroom to remove the noise.

Nakele and lostLambda like this.
  10. G_Muhammad_El-Sergani_fv
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

11. mattam24
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2017

Alright, in Pro mode you don't have HQ. That's a pitty.

12. Yash Bhardwaj
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2017

That's technically not possible since hq mode takes 3 continuous shots with same exposure and then combines them to reduce the noise.

Nakele and lostLambda like this.
  13. mattam24
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2017

Hmmm... I think it cannot be the same exposure for all three shots because like in HDR mode the dynamic range is much better covered than in Pro mode. Compare pics with huge dynamic ranges between HQ and pro mode. You will see that HQ is stitched from photos with different light settings/exposures.

14. Yash Bhardwaj
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2017

Nope.HDR....well again takes 3 continuous shots with different exposures and then combine them to brighten up the shot and capture more detail and as side effect adds noise.

Nakele likes this.
  15. G_Maximilian_Henn_AlLS
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

G_Maximilian_Henn_AlLS , Jun 29, 2017 :
    I think the Oneplus 3 camera was better due to the sensor stabilisation. In Image quality, the 5 is a little bit better. The costs are too high for such a difference.

16. mattam24
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2017

Yes and the HQ mode does the same and just removes the noise. At least this is how it looks on my OP5. Make a comparison between all the modes - which I did -, then you will see for yourself.

17. G_Lokesh_K_HzGU
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

18. Yash Bhardwaj
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2017

Ohh.Then why pictures shot in hq mode are always darker than the ones shot in hdr mode.Cleaner but yes darker.

19. Anuj bhinde
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

20. joao_o
    Donut Jun 29, 2017

joao_o , Jun 29, 2017 :
    Taking kids pictures requires fast speeds ( 1/250 and above as "hotsauce" said). Image sensors in phones are to small to aquire light so fast without increasing ISO to values that will generate digital noise ( although they can do it with bright light ). So, this has nothing to do with OIS (that 3T has) but only with sensor size and aperture value ( and here the OP5 his better, so it can collect more light). Photography is a combination of ISO, speed and aperture. If you don't want blurred images caused by the movement of the kids, you need a fast shutter speed. To achieve this without good light conditions, you need to increase ISO ( generating noise). Sorry for the long post, but this is just to say that there are no magical tricks here. If you want good photos of fast moving subjects you need a good camera and no phone can do what a proper camera can.