Battery/Charging oneplus 5 won't charge until a reboot

1. George4tape
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2018

George4tape , Dec 24, 2018 :
    Hi, my oneplus 5 will only charge when i do a reboot, if i try without reboot, no red led and battery does not charge, i have tried different cable and charger but issue remains, i deleted cache, not solved issue, i tried cleaning c type socket carefully to remove fluff, the issue remains, i tried leaving phone i safe mode all day, and at the end of the day the phone did charge ok, so i guess i could be an app issue.
    anyone having same issue, support say i should do a factory reset! i don't wish to do this because obiously i would have to resore all my apps and email and settings and music.

2. warrenkhan
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2020

warrenkhan , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 6, 2020 :
    hello. mine is having the exact same issue. tried different chargers and sockets, but s few seconds into rebooting (while the red balls are checking the square), the red light charging light comes on can. so must be a software issue?

Febrix likes this.
  3. JohnnyPetrol
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2020

JohnnyPetrol , Jul 2, 2020 :
    I have the same issue since roll out of Android 10. It seems to be a common defect with OnePlus phones. Its not a hardware issue because the phone charges after a reboot. Dash charge will not work since upgrading to Android 10.