OnePlus 5G Open Course Part 4: OnePlus 5G Journey

1. Trista W. Global Community <3 Staff Member Jun 4, 2019

Trista W., Jun 4, 2019 :
    forum.png

Hi friends,

We hope you enjoyed the third part of our 5G Open Course series. If you missed it, you can find it here.

In part 4, we’re going to look at the OnePlus 5G journey, from past to future. OnePlus has just released our first 5G device, the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. But what led us on this long path? Read on as we answer this question, and more, in the latest part of our 5G Open Course series.

The story begins

As a company whose core belief is to share the best technology with the world, we realized early on that 5G was the natural next step in our journey. That’s why all the way back in 2015, we assembled our 5G Project team, focusing on making OnePlus a leader among 5G smartphone manufacturers. The following year, we began a joint R&D partnership with Qualcomm to work on 5G hardware together. Qualcomm and OnePlus have enjoyed a great relationship ever since the days of the OnePlus One, so it was natural for us to want to work together to create the next generation of smartphone technology. The result of our years of research culminated in the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. This is our most premium device ever, and released in the UK by our partners EE, whose 5G network is the nation’s first.

Why 5G?

Many people may be wondering what the big deal about 5G is. After all, we’re all happy with 4G, right? Well, in the same way that 4G paved the way for data-hungry mobile apps like Instagram, Snapchat and Netflix to grow, 5G will bring in a new era of cloud computing and storage, as well as allowing more devices to get online. During a panel at MWC earlier this year, @Pete explained this in more detail.

“Everyone thinks 4G is already fast enough. However, the application of 5G will bring great changes to photo-taking experiences, for example. Big storage will become less of a selling point, and 5G is so fast that we can store our entire photo gallery on there effortlessly without noticing any delay.”

What’s more, Pete said,“consumers will soon be able to experience and enjoy ultra-smooth cloud computing with high speed, low latency connections.”

Future of 5G

During the MWC panel, Pete also shared his vision of 5G’s future. He believes that as with previous mobile generations, 5G will be made up of distinctive stages – in this case, three.

“The first stage will be from 2019 to 2021, marked by the changes from local storage to cloud storage of smartphones and relevant application scenarios. The massive improvement in connection speed brought about by 5G will give birth to many applications such as cloud gaming, cloud video streaming, and cloud shopping. We’ll call this the 5G 1.0 era,” Pete said.

“And in 2021-2025 years, we’ll be entering the era of 5G 2.0. At this stage, AI technology will be much more mature, which empowers 5G smartphones, giving it the ability to connect with more smart hardware and creating more scenarios for 5G usages.”

For instance, this could include things like fully-automated smart homesor unmanned hotels.

“After these two stages, we will embrace the era of 5G 3.0, the era of the Internet of Everything. I believe that at that time, the Burdenless experience and product that OnePlus is striving for will truly become a reality.

“5G data transfer will connect humans with objects, and connect objects to objects even. It will better serve us in every way, anytime and anywhere. It’ll be there whenever you need it in a blink of an eye and be out of your way when you don’t. It’ll be on standby silently beside you and you won’t even feel its presence, creating a truly burdenless style of smart living, which offers a freer experience.”

OnePlus 5G Journey
    To sum up, for the upcoming epic 5G era, OnePlus is ready to reimagine speed with you.
    5G-Forum (1).png

We hope you enjoyed the fourth part of our 5G Open Course series. Want to show us what you've learned? We've prepared a quick quiz for you. Any member who completes every 5G Open Course quiz will be awarded with an exclusive OnePlus 5G Scholar badge. What's more, if you're skilled enough to score 100% on every quiz in the series, you'll receive an awesome OnePlus 5G Scholar E-Certificate! Click here to take part. Clue: All the answers are contained in this post;).

Never Settle

2. Dresa91 Oreo Jun 4, 2019

Dresa91, Jun 4, 2019 :
    The form "enter your community name" is missing in the quiz...:)

3. YRJ KitKat Jun 4, 2019

YRJ, Jun 4, 2019 :
    Thanks! I for one thought that this series was forgotten after @Dale F. 's exit.
    Nice that it is still going on;)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019

drl431, G_plusone and Dresa91 like this.
  4. B_Wrath Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 4, 2019 :
    And i filled up the form without realizing it:confused:

G_plusone and Dresa91 like this.
  5. Dresa91 Oreo Jun 4, 2019

Dresa91, Jun 4, 2019 :
    me too :D
    I just realized at the end :D

G_plusone and B_Wrath like this.
  6. B_Wrath Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 4, 2019 :
    Well. Now we have to fill it up again:D

@Trista W. You make us work twice:p

Dresa91 likes this.
  7. Dresa91 Oreo Jun 4, 2019

Dresa91, Jun 4, 2019 :
    :D are we getting 10 points then? :D

G_plusone and B_Wrath like this.
  8. B_Wrath Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 4, 2019 :
    We should. And they should give us an extra certificate for dedication:p

luxuskamel, G_plusone and Dresa91 like this.
  9. Dresa91 Oreo Jun 4, 2019

Dresa91, Jun 4, 2019 :
    haha :D

B_Wrath likes this.
  10. G_plusone Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

G_plusone, Jun 4, 2019 :
    Nope,you only get demotion to Cupcake :p

YRJ, B_Wrath and Dresa91 like this.
  11. B_Wrath Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 4, 2019 :
    Damn. :eek:
    And i thought I knew my way around the forum :oops:

12. G_plusone Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

G_plusone, Jun 4, 2019 :
    Sometimes we gotta Unlearn and Relearn ;)

Dresa91 and B_Wrath like this.
  13. B_Wrath Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

Dresa91 and G_plusone like this.
  14. G_plusone Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

Dresa91 and B_Wrath like this.
  15. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2019

16. meatandy Nougat Jun 4, 2019

17. drl431 Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2019

18. YRJ KitKat Jun 4, 2019

luxuskamel, Dresa91 and G_plusone like this.
  19. G_plusone Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

G_plusone, Jun 4, 2019 :
    Okay,
    How many Peicoins do you want?
    For Starters ;)

luxuskamel, YRJ and Dresa91 like this.
  20. YRJ KitKat Jun 4, 2019

YRJ, Jun 4, 2019 :
    I would need an expert to assist me on this :rolleyes: