OnePlus 5T android 10 update gestures via OnePlus 5T

1. azadroxo
    Eclair May 29, 2020

azadroxo , via OnePlus 5T , May 29, 2020 :
    Hi guys, I just got the android 10 update for my 3 year old OnePlus 5T device and I was pleasantly surprised by the changes. It has been a very stable update so far, except the fact the the new back gestures on the sides. I own a spidgen bumper case, and it has rather big lips on the sides. It's great when the phone falls down, but makes it hard to do the back gestures. also since the new google assistant gesture is on the location of the previous back gesture location, I seem to accidentally trigger it much more frequently, Maybe an option to switch the back and assistant triggers would be very helpfull.

2. Akash Hiwale
    Cupcake May 31, 2020

Akash Hiwale , via OnePlus 5T , May 31, 2020 :
    Hi OnePlus Team,

Its been an amazing time using OnePlus over last 3 years... and there's not a single complaint for it, but today i upgraded the phone to android 10, and a new feature got unlocked i.e. gesture... now we have gesture for back button at the side of the screen which was earlier at the bottom which was more convenient and comfortable, the new gesture on the side screens are not comfortable at all and while on the email if the gesture doesn't match properly it ends up send that mail to archive... would love if you bring back the previous gesture as this is not at all comfortable...

Regards,

Akash

the_vantablack likes this.
  3. Teekar.2023
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

Teekar.2023 , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Download the "setedit" app from play store.

first revert the old changed value
    select "op_gesture_button_side_enabled"
    then edit value
    set it to "0"
    you can use old gesture

There are multiple threads explaining how to do this please use the search engine before creating redundant threads as all the do is clutter up the forums.