OnePlus 5t cellular coaxial antenna broken

1. Marin22427
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2019

Marin22427 , Sep 5, 2019 :
    So I recently smashed my 5t's screen pretty badly (it wouldn't turn on anymore) and had to order a replacement. Unfortunately, when I tried to remove the cellular antenna with a plastic tool, it snapped off completely, and have no idea on how to fix it. Is there someplace where I can order some replacement parts (i.e. the connector that is soldered on the main board and a new cable)? I've tried searching several online shops, and the OnePlus forums, and have come up with nothing. Also, are those types of connectors universal, or unique to each manufacturer? I don't want to screw up the repair job, since my phone works perfectly fine except for the fact that I can't receive calls or use 4G.

2. Marin22427
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2019

1567643343570.jpg
    Just as a visual aid, on the right is an arrow pointing to the connector that snapped off and needs fixing.

3. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Sep 5, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Sep 5, 2019 :
    If both ends are fine, you should be able to snap it back on as it's designed to come off in case you switch out the motherboard.

4. Marin22427
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2019

Madnezz4Ever

If both ends are fine, you should be able to snap it back on as it's designed to come off in case you switch out the motherboard.​

Normally yes, but the connector it snaps on to came off the board when I tried removing the cable, leaving only the grounds (the bits of soldering to the left and right of it) behind. I think there's no way of resoldering the piece I already have, since what was left on the board are the "legs" of the piece. At least that's what I believe happened.

5. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Sep 5, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Sep 5, 2019 :
    Have you tried holding it in place and seeing if what's left on the board makes contact with the part connected to the wire and see if you get a signal?

If it works, you can probably hold down the connection with hot glue. Yes I know that sounds stupid, but it beats having to replace the entire motherboard as I doubt you can find that part and if you do, then you would have to find someone that can solder electronics.

6. Marin22427
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2019

I have tried holding it in place, but it seems there's not enough surface area that contacts the board to make a good connection. As for soldering, I know how to solder, but don't feel confident enough to do it myself.