OnePlus 5T (if it will be) - fans suggestions

?

What do you think - OnePlus will release 5T?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lukasz_
    Donut Jun 22, 2017

lukasz_ , Jun 22, 2017 :
    What do you think - OnePlus will release 5T?

Although OnePlus 5 is a good progress over 3/3T, there are some things that could be improved. First at all there is no optical image stabilization :-(
    In this topic we will talk about how we would see a possible 5T model. Maybe our suggestions will be helpful OnePlus if it will decide to launch OnePlus 5T :)

It seems to me that OnePlus 5T will have (predictions):
    • OIS (I hope)
    • shaphire main cameras lense
    • 4000 mAh battery
    • 256 GB storage version
    • maybe waterproof (from what I know, it would probably be enough to add glue)
    • maybe Snapdragon 836
    What I want in OnePlus 5T:
    • OIS (necessarily)
    • shaphire main cameras lense
    • better battery
    • Snapdragon 836 if it will be available
    I hope OnePlus 5T will still have FullHD screen (this is enough for me).

rowibodo likes this.
  2. apludnis
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

apludnis , Jun 22, 2017 :
    every one is waiting for 5T till they will say : "We won't launch 5t" I will laugh my .... off

3. X70
    Eclair Jun 23, 2017

X70 , Jun 23, 2017 :
    1. When they release an 5T. They should take my 5 back. I don't buy an new Phone in the early drop, only to see that 3-4 Months later there is an updated version of it.

2. An working OIS
    3. 1440p Display OR Waterproof. (So that there will be any necessary changes and not only an small chip)
    A slightly bigger battery. around 3500mAh

4. mr_priyanshu
    Jelly Bean Jun 23, 2017

mr_priyanshu , Jun 23, 2017 :
    My speculation: There won't be a 5T. But OnePlus will release OP5 with different back panel colour(s).

MrHari_theCarguy and X70 like this.
  5. Adusparx
    Froyo Jun 23, 2017

Adusparx , Jun 23, 2017 :
    Those predictions are rather overambitious. They didn't even have such a transition from their previous flagship to their current one :p and I think the next phone won't be a 5T. They'll either make something cheap like the OnePlus ☓ or release their next flagship.

6. mani dusi
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2017

7. Peter Krull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 23, 2017

Peter Krull , Jun 23, 2017 :
    If the 5T happens, it WILL NOT have a bigger battery than the 5. It is simply not possible. The reason why they could fit a bigger battery in the 3T compared to the 3 was because they upgraded from a 4.35v battery to a 4.4v cell. The OP5 is currently using a 4.4v cell, which is the latest and greatest in lithium technology, meaning that there is nothing out there to upgrade to.

Remember. ALL the upgrades done to the 3T were simply component or material swaps. No further engineering was required. This means that waterproofing should also be out of the question, as they would have to make room for extra adhesive, seal up all holes and ports. Not exactly a simply task. The only possibility would be a sapphire lens and maybe, just maybe a slightly upgraded camera, though this would be a kick in the teeth when they advertised the OP5 as being the best camera phone they could make.

8. Dinerve
    Jun 23, 2017

Dinerve , Jun 23, 2017 :
    Why everybody screams for Ois? It's clear that with proper software it can yield outstanding results as seen on other much pricier flagships. And I've hopes that OP will work on the software side of things to improve the camera further. I'm also realistic about what I pay for. I get 90% (and often even more in raw computing power) of what highest end phones have to offer at 60-70% of the price and this is what this is all about.

I believe camera is already covered with sapphire glass.

As for the battery all manufacturers focus on smaller batteries when the SoC allows for similar or better battery life than previous gens which the 835 allows.

Not too sure there will be a 5T, I'd rather have OP focus on the next best thing next year fully since they claim to have limited ressources.

9. robinnoort
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2017

10. F_Andrea_Ossi-Perretta_S
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2017

11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 3, 2017

G_plusone , Jul 3, 2017 :
    5000 mAh in your dreams

12. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jul 3, 2017

The1Lion , Jul 3, 2017 :
    Correct screen orientation to remove "jelly" effect. Camera's tweaked a bit more. 1TB RAM so I never have to close an app again! :rolleyes:

13. abin_biju
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

14. princeaj96
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

15. maxxam23
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2017

maxxam23 , Jul 14, 2017 :
    Dont let your dreams be dreams.. Get a power bank :p

16. Akubus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2017

Akubus , Jul 14, 2017 :
    I personally have a big problem with the "Never settle" slogan. It is good if you are keep working and introducing good "ideas" to your brands' smartphone. But I don't agree about releasing a new smartphone every 6 months with the processor & battery updated. It's not unlikely that OnePlus had to pay higher fees for the updated top processor SD 821 compared to the old 820 with just minor improvements.

I had previously read that the 3T was 'created' due to a high demand in the 3, but because they can not satisfy the demand they had to switch some components bc the ones they used before had a poor availability resulting in delivery difficulties. I don't think that this explanation will work this time so I wish that they lean back, relax, optimizing their (hopefully long-term) only flagship and listen to the community.

17. Jasmeets
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

Jasmeets , Jul 14, 2017 :
    5t would not come as they launched 3t bcoz number 4 is considered death in china, so they couldn't launch oneplus 4 so launched oneplus 3t...so in my opinion after oneplus 5, oneplus 6would come

18. freelancer1988
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

19. gabriele11231
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2017

gabriele11231 , Jul 14, 2017 :
    I personally asked an oneplus representative if they were thinking of publishing a OnePlus 5t but I was told they did not plan anything and that therefore most likely we will have to wait for oneplus 6 next year.

20. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2017

G_plusone , Jul 14, 2017 :
    If you are thinking about power bank think 50Ah