Other Oneplus 5T purchase in Belgium - VAT excluded ?

1. EvilHannie
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2018

EvilHannie , Jan 20, 2018 :
    Hi, ive seen forum posts from 2014 about this but cant seem to find a straight answer.
    I would like to purchase the new 1+ 5T in Belgium through my employer, who gives me a budget.
    Phone cost on the BE website is 499. but according to the accounting team the phone is way more expensive because they have to manually add taxes ( 21% VAT ) which means i would have to pay a lot more.

Is this correct? or is VAT already included, even though it is purchased by a company ?

Thanks for input provided ! :)

ahmetceylan and I1512510963799 like this.
  2. magvey7
    Froyo Jan 20, 2018

magvey7 , Jan 20, 2018 :
    Well, for ex. when ordering to the Netherlands, you don't pay any customs or VAT when purchasing from OnePlus' website. Why? Because OnePlus sends the units from Poland, which is in the EU, and transit through EU borders is free shipment-wise. I'd say it's the same for Belgium since you guys are also in the EU. But then again, maybe some other Belgian waffles here can help you.
    From what I've heard, ordering to any EU listed country from their website, you only pay for the phone, no customs or VAT costs included 8D

3. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Jan 20, 2018

Cervantes , Jan 20, 2018 :
    The one plus comes all paid has no VAT

4. EvilHannie
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2018

EvilHannie , Jan 21, 2018 :
    so it would be correct then that the accounting team has to add VAT to be correct with belgian taxes ? which means the phone does cost 603 € instead of 499 ? cuz that part is still unclear to me ? :)

5. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 21, 2018

meatandy , Jan 21, 2018 :
    ↓ apparently no.

6. EvilHannie
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2018

7. Moin2200
    KitKat Jan 21, 2018

Moin2200 , Jan 21, 2018 :
    2 different people one a moderator just gave you a straight answer a few comments up.

There should be no extra cost when buying the phone, no one else paid more including people buying in Germany.

8. sommersy
    KitKat Jan 21, 2018

sommersy , Jan 21, 2018 :
    You shouldn't have to pay vat in addition to the listed price, so long as you're buying it in euros from the Belgian oneplus page. I suspect your accountants are looking at the US page by mistake, and may think you want to buy it in dollars. You would have to pay vat (and a whole load of shipping fees) in that case, because that would constitute importing the phone.

9. Chubben1
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2018

Chubben1 , Jun 18, 2018 :
    There's something really fishy going on.
    VAT is supposed to be paid by the end-customer in EU, not importing party.
    When buying through the OnePlus eshop there is no VAT on the invoice - the money flows outside of Europe.

Now, normally if you buy from outside EU, like from ********** or whatever, your country customs or the courier will charge you additional VAT and handling.

But it seems like Oneplus is taking the money outside of Europe but fulfilling the goods from inside europe - but the trading party is totally different.. so there's no VAT invoiced.. and i'm pretty sure there's no VAT involved unless OnePlus pretends all goods are sold in POLAND (which my OnePlus shipped from).

This is extremely weird practice.