Display OnePlus 5T screen not responding to touch

1. G_Charles_Huang_abAV Cupcake Jan 14, 2018

G_Charles_Huang_abAV, Jan 14, 2018 :
    Hi

I got my OnePlus 5T last month and my screen suddenly stopped working yesterday. It is not responding to any touch input. I have tried to reset it and boot into recovery mode but I can not enter the password because the the touch input is not working.

Please help!!

Thank you.

2. tamsajama Donut Jan 15, 2018

tamsajama, Jan 15, 2018 :
    Did you restart?

If you can't touch the power off button (from screen), try by pressing the power button for long.

3. meatandy Nougat Jan 15, 2018

meatandy, Jan 15, 2018 :
    Have you tried rebooting your device?

Razzlesama likes this.
  4. G_Charles_Huang_abAV Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

Razzlesama likes this.
  5. ddepuru1 Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

ddepuru1, Jan 15, 2018 :
    Happened to my Oneplus 5T today morning. Suddenly touch stopped working. I am on the Oreo Beta. Are you also on the same version? For me it stopped working after I clicked a picture with the back camera. Not sure if that triggered something but just my observation. Have talked to the customer support for a repair RMA.

Razzlesama likes this.
  6. G_Charles_Huang_abAV Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

archz2, Hampi14 and Razzlesama like this.
  7. samineni rajasekar Froyo Jan 16, 2018

samineni rajasekar, Jan 16, 2018 :
    Are you installed any unwanted apps recently??? It may corrupt the mobile software... So think carefully

8. oneplus5t_user Cupcake Jan 28, 2018

oneplus5t_user, Jan 28, 2018 :
    I had the same issue with my 5t, the touchscreen stopped working from one day to the other. I have opened a RMA and the screen was replaced last week. Today it stopped working again.

Razzlesama likes this.
  9. mahen2610 Honeycomb Feb 2, 2018

Razzlesama likes this.
  10. G_CONTICORP_MX_QYqi Cupcake Feb 17, 2018

Razzlesama likes this.
  11. Sogani.24 Cupcake Feb 20, 2018

Razzlesama likes this.
  12. Sri krupa Donut Mar 7, 2018

Sri krupa, Mar 7, 2018 :
    same issue i was watching youtube video tried to pause but i couldn't and i tried rebooting the device nothing worked any solutions guys ???

Razzlesama likes this.
  13. Sri krupa Donut Mar 7, 2018

Sri krupa, Mar 7, 2018 :
    have u got any solution or still u have the same problem??

C1549758990565 and Razzlesama like this.
  14. netou Donut Mar 8, 2018

netou, Mar 8, 2018 :
    I have the same issue, stopped working overnight. Have rebooted several times and still not working. What should I do?

Razzlesama likes this.
  15. Razzlesama Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 8, 2018

Razzlesama, Mar 8, 2018 :
    I got the same issue 6 hours back. I know this is a hardware issue because for one, i'm using official beta firmware. And touch input isn't working in the recovery too. I just want to take a backup of my messages, texts and pictures in the camera folder before i give this to be repaired.

I have tried
    1. Rebooting the phone. - Dumbest thing i did. I should have connected a mouse through OTG and backed up everything before rebooting because after rebooting you have to enter the pattern/pin/password, which cannot be done due to the screen not responding.

2. Tried to connect mouse and keyboard through OTG but i have to manually turn on OTG AND that too cannot be done because i can't touch the freekin toggle

3. Rebooted into recovery only to be smacked in the face with the decryption pattern

4. ADB doesn't work because USB debugging is turned off and i can't turn it on.

5. Have to unlock the device or enter the pattern in recovery to be able to access the storage partition using a USB connection. So that isn't working out either.

Can someone suggest me a different way to recover the said data? There's just some really important stuff i can't afford to lose.

And @Carl WTF dude, my phone wasn't dropped ONCE and i haven't gotten it wet ever. How do yo expect someone like me to keep loving your brand when your products do bulls*it like this? This is UTTERLY shameful.

MPalmiro and Hampi14 like this.
  16. ryadk Cupcake Mar 8, 2018

ryadk, Mar 8, 2018 :
    I am facing exactly the same issue @Razzlesama and i tried the same not working stuff you listed and i dont know what to do ! Please help

17. jaimejimegon Honeycomb Mar 8, 2018

jaimejimegon, Mar 8, 2018 :
    Don't even know if this would work, but maybe trying to open recovery and use a physical keyboard to enter the password?? Couldn't try by myself because I don't have an adapter, hope you get it working

Razzlesama likes this.
  18. Razzlesama Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 8, 2018

I'm not really sure if that works. But i don't think i can try because i have a pattern. Not a pin or a password. :(

Sri krupa likes this.
  19. jaimejimegon Honeycomb Mar 8, 2018

jaimejimegon, Mar 8, 2018 :
    When you try to open recovery, it ask you for a pattern? Never seen that

20. Razzlesama Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 8, 2018

I have the device encrypted. And i'm not running stock recovery. Data partition has to be decrypted before custom recovery can modify anything inside. :/

Hampi14 likes this.