Display OnePlus 5T screen not responding to touch

1. dnovera Cupcake Jul 11, 2018

dnovera, Jul 11, 2018 :
    Had this problem 2 days ago. Phone worked fine for the first 24 hours. Updated to 5.1.3 Stable, 12 hours later the problem resurfaced. Flashing again. :(

2. G_Vivek_Gulia_kHGC Gingerbread Jul 11, 2018

G_Vivek_Gulia_kHGC, Jul 11, 2018 :
    how did you solved it then ?

3. sandymonu1284 Cupcake Aug 9, 2018

sandymonu1284, Aug 9, 2018 :
    Hi, I am facing EXACTLY same issue. Did you get any resolution?

4. Chini C Cupcake Aug 27, 2018

Chini C, Aug 27, 2018 :
    Here also, touch don’t work anymore from yesterdday.
    I will send it back for repair. Hope it will be fixed and not happened again?

5. schmanch Cupcake Aug 28, 2018

schmanch, Aug 28, 2018 :
    Mine froze up yesterday afternoon. I need to send it in for repairs. This is the first major issue I have had with any of my oneplus phones. Hopefully oneplus does the right thing.

6. lukecachia Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

lukecachia, Oct 23, 2018 :
    Hi guys,

Has anybody found a solution for this or found any help from OnePlus?

I have been having this issue lately, but OnePlus have a shitty customer care service and they are not being helpful at all. The issue is intermittent and happens randomly, the previous occurrence was about a week ago until it did it again today.

My Oneplus 5T is 8 months old and in brand new condition so the issue is not related to drops etc for sure.

Any help appreciated!

7. G_Vaibhav_Sharma_EhyZ Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

G_Vaibhav_Sharma_EhyZ, Nov 3, 2018 :
    Getting the same issue :( Did you get any solution??

8. G_Vaibhav_Sharma_EhyZ Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

G_Vaibhav_Sharma_EhyZ, Nov 3, 2018 :
    Any solution? Facing the same issue

9. jayeshR Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

jayeshR, Nov 8, 2018 :
    Hi,

Facing same issue with my OP5. it stops responding to any kind of touch. only finger print sensor responds which is no use actually. after restarting several times some how it starts working. but this issue is persistent, every now and then the screen stops responding to touch and its so annoying.

cant find any solution on forum for this. very disappointed with the product.

dvogonen likes this.
  10. dvogonen Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

dvogonen, Nov 13, 2018 :
    I have the same issue. The screen becomes completely unresponsive from time to time. The only solution is to force it to turn off by pressing the onoff key for a long time. A reboot resets it and it works for a while.

This is a serious issue that OnePlus has just ignored. Oneplus just pumps out new phones and do not care in the least for phones they sold 6 month ago. You can not even get original accessories like flip cases for phones that are a year old. They stop making accessories the second a new product has been launched.

Oneplus is a pathetic and unreliable phone company.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018

jayeshR likes this.
  11. Inha1966 Cupcake Nov 19, 2018

Inha1966, Nov 19, 2018 :
    Same issue on my 5T, on one of the occasions I was able to reboot with the touchscreen working I reset the phone. It then worked fine for 1 week and it all started again. Have had to send back to OnePlus for repair! Sad to see soo many people with the same problem. I don't think I will repeat the Oneplus experience on my next phone, probably back to Samsung since the updates on Oneplus are also starting to lag.

jayeshR and dvogonen like this.
  12. ju57_74zz Gingerbread Nov 21, 2018

ju57_74zz, Nov 21, 2018 :
    The only way I see your problem solved is to sent the phone for replacement of touchscreen and to insist on not formatting the memory. You already tried everything and it looks indeed as a hardware issue.

13. dvogonen Cupcake Nov 21, 2018

dvogonen, Nov 21, 2018 :
    I have replaced my touchscreen. The problem did not go away. This is either a software issue or a hardware issue pertaining the motherboard.

14. idiomkrone Cupcake Jan 5, 2019

idiomkrone, Jan 5, 2019 :
    Hey All,

Same issue here. Woke up, trouch screen no worky at all. os was OTA updated recently. Tried rebooting multiple times, cleared cache, no change.

Has oneplus chimed in on these threads yet? This seems like a pretty large issue.

Update: interestingly enough, I charged it up to full, I reset the 5t back to defaults, wiped system settings and cache again. Once I rebooted there was initially no change. About 15 minutes later the touch screen just magically started working again.

Will update if anything changes.

Gage

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019

15. S1546850321202 Cupcake Jan 7, 2019

S1546850321202, Jan 7, 2019 :
    Hiiiii, I have been using one plus 5T from past few 7/8 months. Its touch screen stop working at times and a messgae pop up sayinh " System UI stop responding". I have reboot the phone. mostly uninstalled the various apps. Some basic apps are running still the problem is same. Its such a heavy configuration phone but this UI problem is not enabling me to use it properly. Kindly help me to resolve the issue

16. Mamprin Cupcake Jan 16, 2019

Mamprin, Jan 16, 2019 :
    Hi all, I happily own an Oneplus 5t for over a year. A week ago while I was using it, I had a screen bug and stopped working on the phone. Thinking it was a momentary problem, I turned it off but at the time of the restart it came back. I then tried in recovery mod for a data-cache reset, but nothing touches me not to enter the code to access it. I state that at Christmas I made the update to Android 9 with the beta downloaded from the official site I would not be the cause of the bug. I do not know how to solve the problem do you have any idea?

17. formidible Froyo Feb 1, 2019

formidible, Feb 1, 2019 :
    I have the same problem on my 5T. Have had the phone for over a year. Touch screen became totally unresponsive when I was simply typing a message. Only option was to do a hard reboot. This didn't work - screen was still unresponsive to touch. I have tried to boot into recovery mode and the fast bootloader option but this made no difference, as screen is still unresponsive. As far as I'm concerned the phone has been bricked by its own software.This is totally unacceptable. I will be taking the handset back to the O2 shop where I bought it. The warranty in the UK is two years and they need to fix it or I want my money back. I'm fearing all my data will be lost through no fault of my own.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019

18. amk43 Cupcake Feb 7, 2019

amk43, Feb 7, 2019 :
    I have the same issue.

In my frustration about how I completely randomly lost access to all my data due to no fault of my own I had this idea that the developers at OP are probably capable of providing a PC tool which can decrypt and access the filesystem via usb (perhaps similarly to the "unbrick" tool).

I firmly encourage anyone with the issue (and wanting their data back) to kindly ask customer support for something along these lines. I realize that chances are slim, but I guess I will just let my OP5 sit on the shelf for some time and see if OP (or someone else) provides a way of fixing touch / extracting the data.

I have sent the following request:

19. formidible Froyo Feb 7, 2019

formidible, Feb 7, 2019 :
    I took mine back to the shop I bought it from. It had a two year warranty. The phone was repaired in three days for free but was formatted. In the meantime I uograded to the 6T. So far so good.

20. C1549758990565 Cupcake Feb 10, 2019

C1549758990565, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Can you please tell how did you fix the thing. I have the same issue and need the data urgently!