OnePlus 5T: Unlock Bootloader | Flash TWRP | Root | Nandroid & EFS !!

1. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Jul 16, 2018

Artemus , Jul 16, 2018 :
    Make sure to open the Command (PowerShell) window in the directory of where the TWRP img file is. Follow the instructions as normal.

Kitsune302 likes this.
  2. nixie21
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2018

nixie21 , Jul 24, 2018 :
    So once rooted and staying with oneplus beta rom, when an update comes out, we just have to download full beta rom and flash? Do I need to re-flash root or recovery after? thanks

3. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Jul 26, 2018

Artemus , Jul 26, 2018 :
    If you're on the beta path, OTAs will come normally.

4. nixie21
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2018

5. SP3NGL3R
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2018

SP3NGL3R , Aug 13, 2018 :
    I've always downloaded the full ROM and latest TWRP, flash+restart TWRP if newer, flash ROM, and immediately reflash TWRP, then immediately use TWRP to reboot to recovery, then reflash TWRP one last time. Reboot normally after that. Come back, flash Magisk, and rock on. That's the only cycle that seems to maintain TWRP as my recovery platform. Tedious, but it's like 5 minutes every 4 weeks
    Update. I just followed my own steps for the Beta14. No luck. After letting the OS load, attempted reboot to recovery and it went to OOS recovery. I'll have to do the ADB flash to correct it. I have a little cheatsheet on my PC I'll upload tomorrow. Works every time.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018

nixie21 likes this.
  6. jz.pen
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2018

jz.pen , Aug 14, 2018 :
    What is your themes that you have installed i really want them too !!! i saw the screenshot above and they look nice.

7. SP3NGL3R
    Gingerbread Aug 16, 2018

SP3NGL3R , Aug 16, 2018 :
    Here's my cheatsheet.

From ADB folder on PC
    - add your to same folder as adb.exe/fastboot.exe: TWRP-XYZ.img

On Phone: enable Developer options and ADB

Run DOS from ADB folder (in powershell, prefix these lines by ".\"):
    adb devices -l
    --comment: above just checks that ADB can communicate, you may need to approve it on the phone too
    adb.exe reboot bootloader
    fastboot.exe flash recovery twrp-XYZ.img

If on stock OOS, use the down-vol to select RECOVERY MODE. Power to go to it.

Copy TWRP to phone
    ReInstall TWRP one more time
    Hit "ReBoot" and hold VOL-DOWN to return to recovery
    --end

... copy Magisk.zip to phone and reboot to TWRP again (VOL-DOWN while rebooting)
    - install Magisk, clear cache, reboot​

8. Marcoziezo
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2018

Marcoziezo , Aug 21, 2018 :
    What's the advantage of Codeworkx TWRP or Blu_Spark TWRP over the normal TWRP? Planning to follow this tutorial, but I'm not sure what custom recovery to use.

9. Azy Raz
    Eclair Oct 12, 2018

10. Giacomo Bettas Begalin
    Eclair Oct 12, 2018

Giacomo Bettas Begalin , Oct 12, 2018 :
    Codeworkx is more standard. Is the TWRP you have to flash if you want root your phone and go.
    While Blu_Sprk one is for the user that want to flash Blu_Spark custom kernel or any kind of other custom kernel and nerdy ROM.

Marcoziezo likes this.
  11. Azy Raz
    Eclair Oct 12, 2018

12. Spannaa
    KitKat Oct 12, 2018

13. kermex
    Honeycomb Oct 12, 2018

ButterFlYnez likes this.
  14. Spannaa
    KitKat Oct 12, 2018

Spannaa , Oct 12, 2018 :
    Yep, and one that most of the 'entitled' don't have in their vocabulary.

zer0se7en, ButterFlYnez and kermex like this.
  15. fabit0
    Eclair Dec 5, 2018

fabit0 , Dec 5, 2018 :
    Is this the latest TWRP in the download section? I want to change kernel to bluesparks and I don't know if this will be compatible with this TWRP version of codeworkx

16. Spannaa
    KitKat Dec 5, 2018

Spannaa , Dec 5, 2018 :
    If you're going to use blu_spark kernel, you might as well use blu_spark twrp as well.

blu_spark downloads @ XDA

17. AbdullahNasar
    Eclair Dec 13, 2018

AbdullahNasar , Dec 13, 2018 :
    Hey... can anyone help me out here?
    I was wondering if if I could flash stock recovery on my rooted 5t through twrp. I got the latest OpenBeta pie update but can't seem to flash it via twrp. Tried codeworkx, official twrp, blu_spark, cr droid, but it still doesn't work. Everytime I get a "Zip treble compatibility error". If you have a solution to this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

18. Adidz
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2018

Adidz , Dec 13, 2018 :
    I'm facing the same issue. I've tried using codeworkx, official twrp, blu_spark, nothing works.
    Can anyone please help?

19. AbdullahNasar
    Eclair Dec 13, 2018

So, I flashed the stock recovery through twrp, and rebooted into the system and installed the update like a normal OTA, and that's the only solution I could come to.
    Of course, I did lose root so now I have to start from flashing a custom recovery...

20. AbdullahNasar
    Eclair Dec 13, 2018

If you want, I could leave a link to the stock recovery