OnePlus 5T: Unlock Bootloader | Flash TWRP | Root | Nandroid & EFS !!

1. covelinhas Cupcake May 6, 2019

covelinhas, May 6, 2019 :
    did u just all Ur pin and passwords etc if not u need to off them.and I seeing Ur folder I believe twrp doesn't accept Ur passwords.so remove Ur pin and try again.[/QUOTE]

Ok , it worked ! But , i can't select USB STORAGE !

2. ButterFlYnez Jelly Bean May 6, 2019

ButterFlYnez, May 6, 2019 :
    Ok , it worked ! But , i can't select USB STORAGE ![/QUOTE]
    Have you mounted USB storage? Cause I sometimes would forget to mount it before going to the file explorer of twrp and be faced with the same issue.

3. Manousos_Brillakis Cupcake May 15, 2019

4. Esmaeil_ Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Esmaeil_, Jun 18, 2019 :
    Hey guys
    I have a problem with unlocking my bootloader. when I enter "fastboot oem unlock (code)" it says : FAILED (status malformed (1 bytes))
    How can I solve this?

5. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2019

Hydra Bob, Jun 18, 2019 :
    T-Mobile? If so you're in the wrong thread. You sure you have the right unlock token? Sounds like the code you're entering is incorrect.

6. Esmaeil_ Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Esmaeil_, Jun 18, 2019 :
    When I enter another code, says: failed. Password incorrect

7. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2019

@ironass any thoughts? You seem to like monkeying around with this T-Mobile stuff.

Esmaeil_ likes this.
  8. ironass KitKat Jun 18, 2019

ironass, Jun 18, 2019 :
    Believe it or not @Hydra Bob, I have never seen a T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant of the OnePlus 6T phone as I live in the sunny Cotswolds of England, (Hobbit Land). However, because of the queries that surround this model and its idiosyncrasies, I have made a study of it. The following is the official OnePlus/T-Mobile step-by-step guide to unlocking both the bootloader and SIM...

How to unlock bootloader for OnePlus 6T (T-Mobile edition)

If you still experience issues, then I would suggest posting on the T-Mobile section of the forum, here...

T-Mobile

(If you cannot open the above links, open this page using your Chrome browser)

Hydra Bob, Esmaeil_ and elwholo like this.
  9. Esmaeil_ Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Esmaeil_, Jun 18, 2019 :
    Excuse
    Excuse me. forgot to say i'm not on T-Mobile carrier

10. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2019

Lol then what are you doing trying to pass an unlock token/code as an argument with your command? It should be as simple as entering 'fastboot oem unlock' if you're not on the T-Mobile version.

11. Esmaeil_ Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Esmaeil_, Jun 18, 2019 :
    I ku
    I just wanted to know if my password is wrong or correct.
    When I enter this command with my code it says status malformed.

12. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2019

But why are you trying to enter a password with the command in the first place? It's not required to unlock the bootloader on the normal international versions.

ironass likes this.
  13. I_am_Batman KitKat Jul 2, 2019

I_am_Batman, Jul 2, 2019 :
    Hi, As open beta of OnePlus 5T officially ended, I thought to root the phone. i successfully did root my phone with magisk module but when installing paytm app(India) after logging in it says, "Your phone is rooted all the features might not be available properly". So I was thinking anyone got this? Is this normal? or is there any workaround for it?

I just gave a glance at the app, It is perfectly fine for now.

Edit :- Just used Magisk hide option and everything works perfectly fine.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019