OnePlus 5T: Unlock Bootloader | Flash TWRP | Root | Nandroid & EFS !!

1. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Dec 27, 2017

2. Goldmull
    Donut Dec 28, 2017

Goldmull , Dec 28, 2017 :
    Hey, just a quick question. So I just updated to the new version. Of course, I made a Nandroid backup before that. So, as instructed, I removed all screen lock security. Now, when reenabling the screen lock, I have to set up all the fingerprints again. Is there a way around this, so I don't have to the fingerprint setup all over with every new update? At best, I wouldn't have to remove screen lock security in the first place. Is there a way to achieve this?

3. JaapAarts
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

4. Carmin
    Donut Jan 1, 2018

Carmin , Jan 1, 2018 :
    It's just a TWRP version build by Ibe, look at the picture below, "Author : by_ibe" ;-)
    [​IMG]

5. ViW1p
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2018

6. jebi93
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2018

jebi93 , Jan 9, 2018 :
    how to lock an unlocked bootloader.? please help. cant update new software because of that .

7. Sylum
    Eclair Jan 11, 2018

Sylum , Jan 11, 2018 :
    Are there any known compatibility issues with the 'Oreo' open beta?

8. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2018

ShermCraig , Jan 15, 2018 :
    If I use this guide to root and unlock bootloader, will Android Pay still work? I believe I read that if I use Magisk I'll be okay? Thank you in advance, @Funk Wizard !

9. rastony
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

rastony , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Doesn't work for me.
    I was Nougat/TWRP/rooted.
    After open beta update lost root and TWRP.
    Now it seems I can run TWRP but not install it forever. Always back to the OnePlus recovery. Weird.
    in TWRP can't read sdcard so can't install SuperSU to root the phone.

Although no risk. No brick. But can't gain root access on Oreo yet.

10. Sylum
    Eclair Jan 15, 2018

Sylum , Jan 15, 2018 :
    That's interesting. I guess i'll wait for a full version before rooting. At any case, I recommend using magisk and not superSU. You gain far more flexibility with a systemless root.

ShermCraig likes this.
  11. Sylum
    Eclair Jan 15, 2018

Sylum , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Android pay ,and other services that utilize Google safety net, will work (with magisk) as long as the Xposed module is uninstalled/inactive. You actually have a simple checking tool for that in the Magisk app main page.

ShermCraig likes this.
  12. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2018

Sylum likes this.
  13. TheTurkishWarlord
    Froyo Jan 15, 2018

TheTurkishWarlord , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I've downloaded the adb drivers and ran every .exe I found there with admin privilege.But they only open up for a second,writes something spontaneously and then closes itself.I don't get any prompt to press Y or N.I also tried the adb setup 1.4.3 but that results in an error after giving yes to first three commands.
    I'm totally new with this bootloader unlocker stuff, I'm familiar with flashing roms,kernels,recoveries and rooting but I didn't have to go through that before.So help me please...My os is Windows 10 64 bit, build 1709.

14. LUKITO
    Froyo Jan 18, 2018

LUKITO , Jan 18, 2018 :
    What if I haven't been asked about anything? Just some fast flash of info and cmd closed.

See now that it happens exactly the same thing for the @K1516033578343

15. jackennils
    Donut Jan 18, 2018

jackennils , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Thanks for that. However TWRP says my sdcard folder has 0 MB and I can't flash Magisk. :(

16. TheTurkishWarlord
    Froyo Jan 18, 2018

TheTurkishWarlord , Jan 18, 2018 :
    I googled a bit and found out that you've to install adb drivers from android studio platform tools.I still haven't given this a shot, but you can check it out and look for full tutorials if necessary.

17. LUKITO
    Froyo Jan 18, 2018

LUKITO , Jan 18, 2018 :
    How you all guys went through this rooting process? Can you please tell?

18. Jonsnow6099
    Jelly Bean Jan 20, 2018

19. ellisdunn
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2018

ellisdunn , Jan 23, 2018 :
    Im as far as where you install magisk, however, the sdcard folder is empty and says its 0mb, along with all of the other folders. What did I do wrong?

20. Amorphiz
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2018

Amorphiz , Jan 23, 2018 :
    Thank you very much @Funk Wizard for your time in making this tutorial. It's really helpful.
    Despite all your explanations there is one thing it's not clear to me: after the whole process (BL unlocking, TWRP installation and Root Access), my OxygenOs will still be the "Stock" one? I mean, will I be able to update the OS via OTA as OnePlus delivers its updates? (sorry if I'm a bit noob.)
    I'm just questioning this because my only goal in Unlocking/Rooting the phone is to get full use of Cerberus as a System App, to prevent the "potential burglars" to remove the app with a Factory Reset or a Hard Reset. I don't want to do any other changes in the stock OS such as mods and flash other OS. I just use the Stock OxygenOs.
    Thanks again for all your help and time!