Oneplus 6 back glass panel cracks automatically!

1. yash11
    Eclair Dec 8, 2018

yash11 , Dec 8, 2018 :
    I have been using the op6(midnight black) from past 6 months with a case always on it, yesterday I removed the case to swap another and to my surprise the back glass panel was broken (images below)

1544311131578.jpg

1544311131613.jpg

1544311131642.jpg

1544311131671.jpg
    Have seen threads stating similar experiences, I haven't dropped the phone nor applied any kinda force by any means but still the back glass cracked. Strange! There seems to be some quality issues with the back design.

Any assistance in this regards would be highly appreciated guys, thanks.

2. Deactivated User
    Dec 8, 2018

3. danevans18
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2018

danevans18 , Dec 8, 2018 :
    The only thing is the phone has definitely been hit. There's a big deference between a crack and a smash and your phone has been hit hard.

I've had my 6 since launch and I have sadly dropped the phone a few times, the glass never smashed. I'd say even if you wasn't aware, that side of the phone certainly was hit by something.

4. meatandy
    Oreo Dec 8, 2018

meatandy , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Users of the forum can't offer you any assistance , contact customer support or visit a service center.

Abin_123 likes this.
  5. Cadalope
    Donut Dec 9, 2018

Cadalope , Dec 9, 2018 :
    that doesn't look like a random break. it looks like it had been smashed or dropped. they way that it shattered shows that it didn't happen on it's own

6. Photoman9988
    KitKat Dec 9, 2018

7. Ambernyan
    Froyo Dec 9, 2018

Ambernyan , Dec 9, 2018 :
    it kind of depends on which phone case u were using because if u are using a normal tpu case there could be a chance of you sitting on it and cracking the side. if u really want a flawless phone u can contact one plus and get it fixed for a price. or you can keep another case on and will never see the crack again unless u change again :)

Ramon_Phillips and Santoshtheone like this.
  8. Vishnu701
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2018

9. DARTH 007
    KitKat Dec 9, 2018

DARTH 007 , Dec 9, 2018 :
    that's a smash or a hit.
    can't happen automatically.
    contact customer care and get it replaced.
    and close this thread.

Intruder71 likes this.
  10. yash11
    Eclair Dec 9, 2018

yash11 , Dec 9, 2018 :
    Well after reading the comments, I can't agree more.
    thanks.

meatandy likes this.
  11. yash11
    Eclair Dec 9, 2018

yash11 , Dec 9, 2018 :
    I was using a TPU case, and I might go with the former.
    They would hardly charge 40$ here in my country., but that's not the point my friend I feel frustrated as I found the phone cracked and the reason is still unknown.
    I know for a fact that OnePlus will treat this thing as a physical damage and won't offer any aid, but the point was to raise a concern for such an issue which actually exists.
    It's easy for others to comment on, one only gets to know the feeling when they are on the receiving end. anyways, thanks for the suggestion.

12. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 9, 2018

YRJ , Dec 9, 2018 :
    this issue is spreading fast, it has plagued many OnePlus 6's.
    I just hope the same does not happen with the 6T's.
    I hope any moderator who is around here feeds this to the admins.
    Almost everyone raising this concern say that this is "automatic damage" and also it is quite evident from the pictures we have seen so far that the glass crack branches start from either near the volume button or the power button. what is surprising that despite this being a widespread issue Now, OnePlus still does not want to comment. AFAIK this was the first time that glass backs were introduced in OnePlus phones and it seems to have been disastrous.
    it is unfortunate, and in my view all affected users must be offered a complimentary repair.
    regards,
    Yash [e]1f60a[/e]

13. Intruder71
    Lollipop Dec 9, 2018

Intruder71 , Dec 9, 2018 :
    Don't drop it like every picture I have seen on here including this one, and you'll be fine .. Its them that have butter fingers

Ramon_Phillips and Photoman9988 like this.
  14. YRJ

YRJ , Dec 9, 2018 :
    I highly doubt this to be a damage done due to drop or impact! every other user is reporting this to be an "automatic damage" also I have seen a hundred threads on reddit too.....
    and all claim the same. it's highly unlikely that so many people would say the same story or lie!
    on a side not I have already slapped a dbrand on mine idk weather the glass is all right or not, and TBH I am not going to check too..... it's been a while since we I used the 6. I'm back on the 5! till date that is the only phone I have truly loved!
    maybe they were right when the claimed it to be something that they, took over 3 years to make, I don't see any problem on this, plus it is so thin comparatively to the the other phones out there.
    uh, this went too of topic [e]1f602[/e]

anagh07 and Santoshtheone like this.
  15. Intruder71
    Lollipop Dec 9, 2018

Intruder71 , Dec 9, 2018 :
    You can see where it hit something or was dropped point of impact is obvious no need for CSI open and shut case, are you looking at the same pictures as the rest of us lol

Ramon_Phillips likes this.
  16. Jimmyostrom
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2018

Jimmyostrom , Dec 9, 2018 :
    If your phone has been exposed to cold just before changing your shell or getting a shock then they can crack much much easier than you expected. But it looks like the spreading of the cracks that it got a bang

17. Deactivated User
    Dec 9, 2018

18. YRJ

YRJ , Dec 9, 2018 :
    my claim? uh oh..... you got that wrong.
    thankfully all my phones are in perfect shape and nothing's wrong with them, I am just expecting a response from OnePlus weather it is their fault or not, they should respond is all I feel! anyways I am not the one who would rant on the same.

19. Deactivated User
    Dec 9, 2018

20. YRJ

YRJ , Dec 9, 2018 :
    reddit threads you say?
    have a look for yourself to verify the authenticity of my claim. also I rely basically on reports sadly I do not have any graphs or figures that I could present.
    anyways I don't think this is something I should be arguing about, it is a matter of opinion and everyone has their own.
    a healthy interaction is all the forum is about.
    ☮️ [e]270c[/e]️