Camera OnePlus 6: camera app changes colours (saturation) after 1 second of opening

1. Niki___
    Donut Aug 1, 2021

Niki___ , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Hi,

When I open the camera app, after 1 second the colours are way more colourful, but nothing like it is supposed to look. I have two examples below where the first picture is how it really looked (I managed to take a picture just before the colours changed) and the second after the colours changed.
    normal1.jpg weird1.jpg
    normal2.jpg weird2.jpg
    As you can see the second picture looks as if I put the saturation way to much up.
    Does anyone know what I can do about it?

Thanks!!
    Stay safe

2. cdnfarmer
    Junior Moderator, Photography Expert Junior Moderator Aug 1, 2021

cdnfarmer , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Hi There,

What settings are you using (auto)? What camera version are you using? What OOS?

It looks like the white balance is off. I'm wondering if the focal point changed affecting the colour change. A few things to try.
    1. Tilt the phone a different angle.
    2. Tap on the screen , select focus, lock the focal point.
    3. Try Pro Mode.
      1. Is there a difference between auto and pro mode? Does the colour changes?
      • You may have to lower the EV value a bit as it often seems too bright.
      • Make sure your iso is under 400 In daylight conditions (probably 100-200).
      • Change the white balance to warmer (less blue colour) if needed in this mode. .
    For more help on pro mode.

If the problem persist please submit bug report using the Feedback tool in the community app. When you do create a bug report, please send me the url.

Regards.
    Stay safe as well.

3. karim.farid99
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021