OnePlus 6 camera failure after update via OnePlus 6

1. Viki0023
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2021

Viki0023 , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Hi I've been using OnePlus 6 since the release,and i recently got a software update and and after update within 15 days my camera started malfunctioning and died.i took my mobile to service center they said it's because of software update that crashed the hardware so have to replace the boad which costs nearly 14thousand inr. And also they said they already got similar issues about 6mobiles and it also exist with 6 and 7 series

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021

2. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Dec 4, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Clear the Camera App info Cache and App info Storage.

Also Clear the OnePlus Camera Service App info Cache and App info Storage as well.

Restart the phone. Check if this can help.

If you don't see any improvement after trying the suggestions given. Please send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them. Thank you.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Viki0023 likes this.
  3. Viki0023
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2021

Viki0023 , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 5, 2021 :
    Yes i done everything, even service center guy fixed a new camera unit even then it fails. Now sent logs to the developer thank you

Caomhin likes this.
  4. Atulkoli27
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2021

5. Viki0023
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2021

Viki0023 , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 6, 2021 :
    No replacing motherboard would cost around 14 thousand inr. And spending such amount is a loss. And more over its not my mistake to do that legal update