Other Oneplus 6 crashdump mode -> Powered off --> Completely unresponsive

1. yawarkhalid
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2020

yawarkhalid , Aug 28, 2020 :
    Hi. So I was using maps on my OP6 when it suddenly got stuck and then rebooted. For a while it got stuck into a bootloop but then after a few times it booted in the Qualcomm Crashdump Mode. I tried switching it on a few more times but then since it didnt i booted into recovery and switched it off for it to be deal with later as I was travelling.

I came home and tried restarting from fastboot. Did'nt work so i booted into fastboot and switched off the device from there.

Ever since i switched off from fastboot, the phone is not showing any signs of life. Its not charging, vibrating or blinkning any leds. Nor is it being detected on my pc. Why would all this happen so randomly and what can I do to boot my device back up.

I left it on charge for a while as well but its not showing any progress.

2. yawarkhalid
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2020

yawarkhalid , Aug 28, 2020 :
    Update: It booted into the start screen randomly for 5 seconds then back to being totally unresponsive. HELP!

3. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 29, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 29, 2020 :
    Follow the instructions to use the MSMDownload Tool for OnePlus 6 Series phones

https://www.thecustomdroid.com/oneplus-6-6t-unbrick-guide/

Scroll down to view the Unbrick details and downloads.

Download and use the Android version you want TO use to unbrick the phone with for your OnePlus. Make sure you ONLY use the files for your Phone Model

Once you have the phone backup and running.

Install OTA updates to get the most recent update.

yawarkhalid and Auristic like this.
  4. yawarkhalid
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2020

yawarkhalid , Aug 29, 2020 :

Tried the msmdownload tool. Doesn't work. It boots up again and gets stuck in bootloop or goes into the crashdump screen again. Have any suggestions? I've tried 5 different builds.

5. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 29, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 29, 2020 :
    It may be a hardware fault, you might have to visit an approved OnePlus service center.

Or Report the issue directly to OnePlus Developers as a Bug report.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...uct-suggestions-on-oneplus-community.1002970/

And also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

6. R1512656330855
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

7. V1598870597571
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

V1598870597571 , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Heey, I faced a similar problem. Yesterday evening my phone turned off because the battery was 1 percent, which is normal. So I finished wartching the movie and went to my room afterwards. I put my phone in the charger went downstairs and at first it seemed like it was turning on, but when I came back to my room my phone was completely unresponsive. no sign of life what so ever. I tried turning it on by pressing the on off button and the volume, but nothing. No vibration, light..not even a sign of low battery. I went to sleep with the hope that it would be working after 7 hours of charging, but the next morning my phone was still unresponsive. I tried to charge it in the computer, but my phone doesn't even appear on my computer... it doesnt charge, is not vibrating, doesn't turn on and is unresponsive. I haven't dropped my phone or what so ever, so that's why it is such a shock for me. Hopefully someone can help me.

8. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 31, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Try going into Safe Mode.

Try going into Safe Mode. And remove any recent app installs or updates that may be causing the issue. Also backup all your data while in Safe mode.

Once your device has been powered off, long press the power button to turn it back on and wait till you see the device manufacturer or the Android logo.

Once you see the logo, press and hold the volume down button until your device reboots.

Release the power button once your device has rebooted and you will now be entered into the safe mode.

To get out of Safe Mode

Hold the power button on your device until you get the power off menu.

Select the restart option from the menu.

9. V1598870597571
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

the problem is that my phone is off. That means I can't go in safe mode...It's just off and doesn't respond to anything.

10. V1598870597571
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

I noticed that when I put my phone in computer it doesnt mention Oneplus anymore..now it says qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008. I don't know why this happened and how.

11. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 31, 2020

I know it's off. Try pressing both Power button and Volume up button at the same time, this has the potential to force start the phone.

It's a sequence that is used a lot to see if a phone will power on even though the power button alone won't do it, the combination of the 2 buttons sometimes can get it going again.

12. V1598870597571
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

even when the battery is dead and is in the charger? I have tried that a lot of times, but nothing seems to happen.

13. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 31, 2020

contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

14. yawarkhalid
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2020

yawarkhalid , Sep 5, 2020 :
    Nope. Not yet. I contacted OnePlus. They have scheduled a remote session. Although they just have got me to download the files and haven't gotten back to me since despite my reminders. 🤷‍♂️

15. yawarkhalid
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2020

Samee! All I was using maps. 🤷‍♂️ Nothing seems to work yet. Let me know if you find a solution.

16. yawarkhalid
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2020

Update:

I'm able to boot into fastboot and recovery however I'm unable to boot it up. Sometimes it gets stuck on the OP logo, other time on the Oxygen logo and then just powers down.

What I've done:
    1) Factory reset the phone from recovery. Didn't work.
    2) Used the msmdownload tool to flash roms from the EDL mode. I've tried 5-6 different builds. Nothing has worked.
    3) sometimes it gives Para Preload error. If anyone has a solution to that do let me know please
    4) On OOS 9.0 build it is able to flash however it still gets stuck on logo and turns off. Sometimes it does charge though so I make sure i charge it to 100pc whenever i get the chance.

17. G1543514087068
    Donut Sep 6, 2020

G1543514087068 , Sep 6, 2020 :
    Same thing happened to me today, I tried this and it works now. Thanks!

Caomhin likes this.
  18. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 6, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 6, 2020 :
    Glad to hear it 😎[e]1f44d[/e]

19. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 6, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 6, 2020 :
    Sounds like you have a hardware fault. Would suggest bringing it to an approved OnePlus service center an let them check it out.

Or contact OnePlus support once more directly to see if they can give further suggestions on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

20. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Sep 6, 2020

Cervantes , Sep 6, 2020 :
    Hi
    when you have used msmdownload tool, the process has finished or in one of the steps it gave you an error