[OnePlus 6] Device behaving funny

1. Nikhil Seenivas Honeycomb Jul 12, 2018

Nikhil Seenivas, Jul 12, 2018 :
    A few days after i installed my official tempered glass, i went out into a very slight drizzle and came back and sorta tossed my phone into the bed where it skippeds and landed on the floor, taking a tiny chunk of the bottom left corner of the tempered glass.

Since then there are occasionally ghost touches eg. youtube vids auto pausing, going home (enabled nav gestures), going to the start of the line automatically while typing. Although this happens only very rarely(2 times a day). should i be worried about anything?

Is my phone infected with a rogue AI that is hell bent on destroying humanity? Will Elon musk rise up to save us?

2. deasom Honeycomb Jul 12, 2018

deasom, Jul 12, 2018 :
    No he won't. All is lost.

I'd suggest removing the SP to rule that out as the problem.

Nick 59 likes this.
  3. Photoman9988 Jelly Bean Jul 12, 2018

Photoman9988, Jul 12, 2018 :
    I was about to go ******* crazy on this thread, then read the last bit and realized it was all sarcasm. You almost got me, lol.

Nikhil Seenivas and Nick 59 like this.
  4. Dj_chemie Honeycomb Jul 12, 2018

Dj_chemie, Jul 12, 2018 :
    i wish Michael Jackson will rise up.. not to save your phone, but i think it'll be cool.. [e]1f601[/e]

5. Nick 59 Lollipop Jul 12, 2018

Nick 59, Jul 12, 2018 :
    Gotta agree with @Photoman9988 that your last paragraph changed my initial response too. [e]1f44d[/e]
    It is a bummer but remember the great advice given in closing theme of 'Life of Brian' - always look on the bright side.
    Assuming the problems go away if you remove remnants of the screen protector then the Tempered Glass did its job and (potentially at least) saved you from a much more expensive problem. Admittedly, the official Tempered Glass is quite expensive but, if you often 'skip' your phone onto the floor it may be worth looking at cheaper versions out there.

As for the Rogue AI, hell bent on destroying humanity, I believe that is coming with Android P and if you drop your phone into a water filled tunnel Elon Musk may be your man. [e]1f609[/e]

Nikhil Seenivas likes this.