Oneplus 6 fingerprint after Android 10 update

1. T1550156189070
    Donut Nov 5, 2019

T1550156189070 , Nov 5, 2019 :
    So Oneplus managed to make best feature of Oneplus 6 almost unusable...In previous version of Oxygen (and Android), fingerprint was super fast. Only slight touch and it would unlock instantly. For me personaly, that was my favourite feature of OP6, and the reason why I said OP6 is (now WAS) still fastest Oneplus around.
    And now...buggy as hell! What are you doing Oneplus?

So, as I said - before was super snappy, and now, there are only 2 possible scenarios:
    -It takes at least 2 tries before it unlocks. It doesn't unlock phone after just touching it! You have to touch and release and that touch again.
    -It does recognizes at first touch, BUT there is around 2 second delay, before display is unlocked. Before it was much much better and instant.

That is even worse, that having it in-display fingerprint.
    Whay did you rollout buggy and unreliable Android 10? Just so you can say that is now available on older devices? What makes me so angry is that, here is literally 0 chance, you didn't know about this buggy feature on OP6 after Android 10 update. But you rollout it anyway.

It is the same thing with removing your old Pie gestures. You just don't care about your old any loyal customers anymore.

2. Bilalazeem54
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2019

3. taubrafi
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2019

taubrafi , Dec 26, 2019 :
    Even more buggy after the update to oxygen 10.3 on OP6. Now my apps won't even recognize that I have fingerprints registered. Don't update!

What are you guys doing over there?
    Very disappointed.

4. M1514584731397
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2019

Hiteshsolanki06 likes this.
  5. PisulaGuruge
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2019

7. Mohamed Saleh
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2019

8. Undoro
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

Undoro , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone managed to solve the fingerprint problem?

Thanks

9. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Remove all Screen Locks, Pin, Fingerprint and Facelocks etc

Remove all Smart Locks as well.

Reboot your phone.

Setup your screen locks once more.

10. Richard.Fern
    Donut Sep 15, 2020

Richard.Fern , Sep 15, 2020 :
    Tried everything but the issue is still present right from Oxygen OS 10.0 on OnePlus 6. Only time its resolved is when I role back to Oxygen OS 9.
    You have to tap once (no response from fingerprint sensor) and second time it unlocks.
    I feel this is due to some common software thing shared between OnePlus 6 and the 6T. On phones with in-display fingerprint sensors you have to tap once to wake the phone (so that in-display fingerprint area is visible) and then it unlocks when you touch the sensor area.
    Please fix this. It'll be almost a year in couple of months since I updated.
    Im a loyal OnePlus user, used OnePlus 3 for 2 years before switching to OnePlus 6. Had prebooked the OnePlus 6 even before launch.

11. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 15, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 15, 2020 :
    Personally I don't get that issue, nor ever have on my 6T,so I wouldn't say its a common issue.

Report the issue directly to OnePlus Developers as a Bug report.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...uct-suggestions-on-oneplus-community.1002970/

And also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support